Sleeping Dragon Coming home
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
I worked as a camp counselor many summers ago and my alias was "Riot." There was an international counselor from Malaysia who called me "Ree-ot" all summer. I just thought she couldn't pronounce it properly. I only learned at the very end of the season that she could totally pronounce it right, I just never corrected her. Whoops! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Only two seconds after the words left her mouth, Wildfire remembered that this particular wolf wasn't particularly fluent in the common tongue. She totally deserved the slightly befuddled look she got for it. The sudden act of submission took her by surprise, though. The yearling finally managed to blink herself to full consciousness and began to shake her head lightly. She supposed she was climbing the chain these days, yet she didn't need a perfect stranger exposing her neck to her.

"It's okay, you don't have to do that," she murmured, aware that Rebekka probably wouldn't even understand. "And, oh, yeah... Fire. Yeah, that's me." Despite feeling fully awake, Wildfire still felt slow in the head. As much as she loved accents, language barriers always left her feeling awkward and stupid. "Fire," she enunciated again, now feeling as if she was patronizing her new pack mate, on top of everything else. "Just call me Wifi."

She shot the other she-wolf a hopefully encouraging smile, then suddenly something occurred to her and she asked, "Have you seen the commander? Heda?" Maybe that's where Thuringwethil had been all this time: interrogating the new arrival?
Messages In This Thread
Coming home - by Wildfire - May 01, 2016, 02:54 PM
RE: Coming home - by Rebekka - May 10, 2016, 08:38 AM
RE: Coming home - by Wildfire - May 10, 2016, 09:03 AM
RE: Coming home - by Rebekka - May 10, 2016, 09:22 AM
RE: Coming home - by Wildfire - May 10, 2016, 09:54 AM
RE: Coming home - by Rebekka - May 12, 2016, 06:26 PM
RE: Coming home - by Wildfire - May 17, 2016, 01:50 PM
RE: Coming home - by Rebekka - May 27, 2016, 09:50 PM
RE: Coming home - by Wildfire - May 30, 2016, 06:23 PM