Blackfeather Woods This is my home too, Bitch (please get along with me...)
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Malice's response made her brow raise, this time in real amusement. How dare she. This was exactly why Malice would never fit in. Nemesis had been the one being Burke could trust with everything, and for Malice to say such rude things was an insult not only to her but Burke's judgement. "You know nothing," She shook her head, chuckling at the same time. How foolish she was to think she had a voice against the Beta, who had proven her worth in bloodshed more times to count. "There is a reason I am Beta, because I am Burke's most trusted friend. I have been so long before you came along and I have been by his side through more than you can imagine. Now, don't you dare think you know him better than me, and you have no place talking like you do," She had enough. Malice truly knew nothing about him if she believed he would ever put something before his duty to his pack. Whatever Malice had heard, Nemesis had guarenteed to have heard it one thousand times before. 

But, that was not the only reason she had become his Beta. It was the very reason she had succeded even Damien. She was undeniably ruthless. It was her character, and as bad as one might think, it was who she was. It was what the Brotherhood made her, and if Malice could not take the heat... there was no point of even considering her for the Brotherhood, no matter how sure of herself as she was. Either way, the Brotherhood was not a dicatorship. Neither her or Kove would allow Malice to join the Brotherhood, no matter what Burke said. Burke was the Alpha, yes, but he was not the only leader. Malice could not hide behind him for long.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy