Ankyra Sound do these effectively hide my thunder?
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
“Uh, yeah,” Kjalarr spoke though it was likely unnecessary. There was an uneasy feeling of awkwardness at Whittier's rather flat correction of their step-mother's name. It was clear, without Whittier saying anything to Kjalarr at all, that there was tension there. Confusion wrinkled Kjalarr's scarred muzzle as Whittier spoke to himself — or so this was what Kjalarr assumed given that he didn't understand what Allure had to do with anything and how that made Whittier an idiot without the proper context. Thus, the stalwart and marred Beta remained silent, giving Whittier the chance to work through his own thoughts in the peace that Kjalarr thought his brother needed.

“You do not hide your enmity well, Whit,” Kjalarr pointed out in a soft rumble, though his words were not at all meant to be condescending. Rather, his aim was to let Whittier know that he had suspected as much from the tone his brother had used when correcting him. But then again, when it came down to “hiding hostility” Kjalarr himself was no expert at it and hence had no room to talk. “but neither do I.” He added to draw the comparison that despite their differences he saw plenty alike in them, too. Kjalarr did not share in disliking (hating?) Eshe as Whittier did, for the Northman assumed that it was Eshe his younger brother had the issue with; but he had yet to meet her and for all of Kjalarr's bad habits he tried to withhold judgment until he could make his own. He did not, nor had he ever, shared a “hive mind” mentality. He had to be independent, make his own decisions and form his own opinions about situations ...and in this case about wolves.

Kjalarr was contemplative, thinking back on his reunion with Scimitar and Kaskara and the wealth of information their father and aunt had given him. “He told me,” Kjalarr spoke, neutral. The last thing he wanted was to get in the middle of Whittier's disagreement with their father (even if he was kind of involved in it because he was their adoptive kid/brother). He had not been with the Frostfurs when it all went down and did not wish to be forced to choose a side. “He did not withhold information from me. He told me that mom was enraged — as she was right to be” Kjalarr interjected quickly. “— and evicted them. I'm not taking sides, Whittier,” Kjalarr told him. “We are all responsible for our actions and we must all pay the consequences of them.” But that was sort of the moral to his slave driver dictator-esque patrols that he forced Whittier to partake in as punishment for being too close to their borders. “they both played parts in our youngest sibling's creation.”

Again, not exactly something Kjalarr had room to talk about, really. As if on cue, his thoughts flashed to the mysterious woman he shared intimacy with during her heat season — the one he knew only as Freyja. “Have you ever known the call of a woman's body when she is heat?” Kjalarr asked, following his own trail of thoughts not bothering to explain what might have come across as a random question. “It is unlike anything I have ever known before and impossible to fight the instincts it awakens within you.” He spoke from experience, though (luckily!) he was unable to produce children during his time with Freyja and still was unable to but soon he would hit that milestone in his life and he knew that he would have to be more careful.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
do these effectively hide my thunder? - by Whittier - May 27, 2016, 06:04 PM
RE: do these effectively hide my thunder? - by Kjalarr - June 05, 2016, 06:56 AM
RE: do these effectively hide my thunder? - by Kjalarr - June 11, 2016, 05:07 AM
RE: do these effectively hide my thunder? - by Kjalarr - June 16, 2016, 02:13 PM
RE: do these effectively hide my thunder? - by Kjalarr - July 17, 2016, 05:54 AM