Blacktail Deer Plateau Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"I don't think it's possible for you to be fat, Oss," Peregrine countered, "especially right now. You could stand to put on a few pounds, you know." He said it lightly, albeit with a touch of valid concern. He didn't press the matter, however, as she accepted his gift and set it aside. He would probably hang around until she took a few bites, though it could wait, for the moment.

"Is it?" he asked rhetorically, cocking his head. His lips pressed together and, unlike with Atticus, he saw no reason not to tell his sister the truth and the whole truth. "A penny for your thoughts? I could use some positivity. I'm out of sorts because... Hawkeye and I are having relationship issues. Actually, it's more like we don't even have a relationship anymore and that's the issue. We haven't been close lately, not since the kids were born," he told her, water dripping off the tip of his snout.

And though he truly did want to hear what was on Osprey's mind, now that he'd found the right ear to bend, he sat suddenly and let the words flow from him. "It's not just that, though, because we could fix that by making some time to see each other. It would be hard but doable, just like it should've been all along. We just let it go on like that for so long... and now, I feel like..." He paused for a long time, afraid to acknowledge his feelings silently, much less out loud. But this was his sister and he could tell her anything. "I feel like we—or at least I—might've fallen out of love somewhere along the line. And I'm not sure what to do to fix it, or if it even can be fixed."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Everything that kills me makes me feel alive - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 18, 2014, 03:06 PM