Blacktail Deer Plateau Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He remained very quiet and still as Osprey spoke. He tensed slightly at the mention of their brother's name, his ears slipping backward. Although he told himself not to interrupt her, he said flatly, "Nothing bad happened to him, Oss, except that he knocked up some she-wolf in Horizon Ridge and ran for the hills before anyone could find out and dole out his just punishment."

Knowing this wouldn't deter her, Peregrine sighed so deeply that he felt it all the way down to the root of his belly. "I'm losing both my main girls," he mused aloud, to no one in particular. He found it difficult to look at Osprey right then, though eventually he dragged his eyes back to her. "It bothers me because you're going to miss out on a crucial phase of the pups' lives to go chasing after Crete. You know I love him but he's still a piece of shit for what he's done. And yet you're going to chase him, rather than stay here with your family..." It hurt him, especially right now.

"I guess you do what you need to do, Oss. I can't say this doesn't bust me up. And this pack's been filling up lately, so I can't even promise you there'll be room when you return." This sounded cold, even to him, so he added, "I'll do my best to reserve your space, though, if you return within a few weeks. No more than a month." He didn't mean it as a threat. In fact, when he finished with a quiet, "Please," it was clear it wasn't a threat at all; it was a heartfelt plea.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Everything that kills me makes me feel alive - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 19, 2014, 03:11 PM