Blacktail Deer Plateau Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"I didn't say they aren't both to blame for the pregnancy," Peregrine countered coolly, "but she sure as shit can't run away from it. Did you know she has a mate too? Like I said, I love Crete and that will never change. But I also feel like I don't know him, if he's capable of knocking up a mated woman, then running out on her and the rest of his family. And contrary to what you said, it's a huge deal to me. It kills me that Crete just ran off like he did. I can't exactly afford to go running after that fool, though, can I?"

When asked about his children, Peregrine met her eyes and said, "They are my children. Crete is my brother. He's an adult," and left it at that. "But I don't want to argue with you, Oss, and I can see that there's no convincing you otherwise. If you want to do it for peace of mind, that's your call. I won't say I understand or even approve. I definitely don't appreciate your timing. It hurts me.

But, even more so than Atti or Crete, or even mom and dad, I can never be angry with you,"
he finished in a very quiet voice, even though her inability to promise stung him deeply. "You're my girl," he added almost futilely, touching his nose to her cheek before withdrawing.

"I'm sorry," he said abruptly then, "I can't..." It was suddenly too much to deal with at the moment, especially considering his issues with Hawkeye. And who could he run to with his problems now? Although there were surely others in his life he could talk to, he suddenly felt very isolated. "Come find me before you leave. But I can't do this right now," Peregrine said, shooting his sister an apologetic look and offering her a quick, pained kiss on the cheek before he turned and strode away.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Everything that kills me makes me feel alive - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 19, 2014, 07:39 PM