Redhawk Caldera A search for the weak- a call for the broken
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
That struck Peregrine as odd, though he didn't comment. He considered Trick's question. Lucy was already in the hands of a madman, so was telling others about her case going to do her any more harm? Probably not. The more eyeballs out there, the better. So what if other wolves now knew and saw it as a weakness of the caldera's. The Alpha didn't give a shit about how they looked to outsiders.

"No, it wasn't wrong," he said simply, then shook his head. "If Lagan shared that detail, I don't remember it. I doubt it matters at this point. They could have gone anywhere." As he said this, he felt a flicker of hopelessness in the pit of his stomach. Lucy and her captor could literally be anywhere at this point.

The Alpha fell silent for several pensive beats, then said randomly, "A few years ago, my daughter, Junior, was thought lost to the river near where we lived. But she turned up a few weeks later. Someone else had seen her in danger and taken her in, cared for her." Peregrine thought fondly of Ragnar et al. "I'm hoping the same thing happened to Lucy. That someone intercepted her. That she's safe, just somewhere else."
Messages In This Thread
A search for the weak- a call for the broken - by Trick - September 03, 2016, 04:36 PM
RE: A search for the weak- a call for the broken - by Trick - September 07, 2016, 12:44 PM
RE: A search for the weak- a call for the broken - by Trick - September 09, 2016, 01:54 PM
RE: A search for the weak- a call for the broken - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 09, 2016, 02:14 PM
RE: A search for the weak- a call for the broken - by Trick - September 10, 2016, 04:43 PM
RE: A search for the weak- a call for the broken - by Trick - September 11, 2016, 09:33 AM