Redhawk Caldera All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Eight!? Well, fuck, El and her had been busy, hadn't they.  Not particularly fond of dwelling in that direction, he let it pass as her completely domestic and decidedly un-Finley tirade washed over him.  Litters, winter, neighbors

He was definitely staring like an idiot now, absolutely thrown but how god damned grown up she sounded, but that familiar tone slip brought him back around.  This was more the Finley he knew - the sister who didn't stop to consider things like den decor or baby names.  "I..."  He almost went with something non-comittal.  I fancied a walk and ended up here.  Thought I'd check out what's in your flat mountain thing.  Anything that wasn't actually real or deep or something they didn't generally discuss because who did feelings anyway?

But he stopped before he started.  Now that he was here, he found he didn't really want to leave.  It was nice to see her again, even after all these years and all that had happened.  Maybe especially after.

"You know me; I don't do regrets."  He finally said with a tight grin, shrugging.  "I did the wandering thing, even almost settled down once, crazy enough.  It didn't work out.  But it did get me thinking that maybe I missed my family, some."  Slowly his town grew more subdued, and he finally glanced to meet her eye momentarily.  "Look, Fin.... I'm sorry."  He normally hated saying it, but just this once, it felt nice.  Probably because it had been stewing a good long while.  Ever since he'd paused to take a long hard look at everything that had happened, since his head had cooled and he'd been able to catch a glimpse of her side of it all.
Messages In This Thread
All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams - by Colt RIP - November 06, 2017, 09:41 AM
RE: All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams - by Colt RIP - November 30, 2017, 11:06 PM