Blackfeather Woods i have almost forgotten the taste of fear
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
He has considered the possibility of his death and the similar fate of his family many times before, and who should take care of his siblings and the dark woods should none of the dark brotherhood be left alive. He has candidates in mind, however, only one truly stands out -- regardless of how little he knows him. Kove, at least, had not expressed his explicit disdain for his younger siblings distaste, unlike others. And unlike others, Kove had not proved problematic to the dark woods, nor Vaati's sanity. "I have not offered him the job yet, but I am hoping that Kove will take up the mantle should I or Miraak or mother prove incapable." He does not mention Cicero, as the thought of him becoming anything of a figure towards them is enough to put a sour taste in his mouth. "Plus, there are others. Should something catastrophic occur, I assume you and your brothers will be retrieved by our cousins of the Dark Brotherhood." And likely carted off to a much more darker place, but he does not say so. It is best to let her believe that survival is guaranteed, no matter what words he must use to convince her of it.

As Hydra had said, their defeat will be welcome only if it means survival so that they may see another day and eventually, return the gesture of war unto those who have it coming. It is a mindset that the yearling is slowly growing, a product of war and turmoil that holds no childish arrogance; something calculative and precise yet untamed and unhindered. It encourages him to see that Maegi does not fear for him, something he finds wise beyond her years. If all else fails, Maegi will become her own safeguard and he is more than certain that she, alongside her brothers, will become exactly what Blackfeather Woods needs them to be in the event that all else burns around them.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
Messages In This Thread
i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Vaati - December 22, 2017, 02:01 PM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Maegi - December 26, 2017, 06:14 PM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Vaati - December 29, 2017, 06:03 PM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Maegi - December 29, 2017, 06:44 PM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Vaati - January 12, 2018, 04:22 PM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Maegi - January 14, 2018, 12:02 AM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Vaati - January 14, 2018, 01:08 AM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Maegi - January 14, 2018, 11:37 PM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Vaati - January 21, 2018, 11:42 AM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Maegi - January 22, 2018, 02:27 PM