Bearclaw Valley you were not made to be understood, you were made to be experienced
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
From their first meeting until now, all the encounters in between stood out in his memories. She was always so lively and quick to make contact, but easy to get along with despite that. He expected nothing less from her, but less was what he received as he made his most recent approach; the emotions in her gaze did not go unnoticed but were not fully comprehended, either. And though he could not read her in full something prompted him to stop, keep still, and gaze back at her. He struggled with his decision on how to react, settling for just ignoring what he’d seen and waiting—waiting for her usual approach, her enthusiastic greeting, but what he received was nothing close to what he’d come to expect from her.

With a now-furrowed brow he reached out to her, circling and analysing her. He looked for wounds and ran his nose through her fur, searching for any sort of explanation to her behaviour—but there was nothing to find, everything seemingly being as it should. Concluding another loop around her, he stopped when they were standing face-to-face, his own still scrunched up with concern and confusion. He wanted to ask her what was wrong, see if it was something that he could fix, but he knew she’d never answer—she couldn’t.

A soft whine, barely audible, slipped passed his lips as he touched his nose to her cheek; upon reaching his own ears, the sound made them lay flat, unrecognisable. In situations like these, he didn’t know what to do. Things had been easier with Kendra, he’d been able to ask her what was wrong whenever she was feeling down, but now he couldn’t do that, not with his new friend. He could certainly try, but that would get him nowhere, only waste his breath—so he did what he thought might help, nipping playfully at her nose and then taking a few, bounding steps away. This had gotten her to move before, and she seemed to have enjoyed it back then, so perhaps it would help now. Maybe that was all she really needed—to play again.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”