Swiftcurrent Creek I guess I'm all you have, and I swear you'll see the dawn again.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Durnehviir squeezed her eyes shut and thrust her snout among the peppered silver of her firstborn's shoulders to breathe deep the scent of him. He accepted her gently and it was in this moment, as she fit herself snugly against him, just how grown up he'd become. How did that happen? When had he come to match her height? She whined again, a strangled sound, and she set about preening her son's guard hairs to try and reign in her emotion with the reminder that it was her job to comfort him.

But Viinturuth withdraw, removing himself from her embrace to lift his burgandy eyes and seek her own pale gaze. For a long moment she simply stared at him, unable to hide the sorrow that swam within her golden irises, and she guiltily looked away. "You don't need to worry," Durnehviir managed, blinking out over the forest and canting a ginger ear to listen for the familiar rumble of the distant creek, trying to hide her battle with tears. "Everything's okay."

everything mortal fades away in time, but the spirit remains