Swiftcurrent Creek I guess I'm all you have, and I swear you'll see the dawn again.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
"Talos saw father leave with Aria."

His words stung, further fracturing her heart that she didn't think able to break further. Not only because Constantine's decision to venture from their home with the very wolfess his mate did not trust was a great insult, but because her own daughter had witnessed this betrayal. The russet Frostfur stared out into the darkness, her brow burrowing as she stifled the snarl that swelled in her breast.

Viinturuth posed a question for her, his hesitance drawing Durnehviir from the bitterness that continued to build for her mate, and she reminded herself to breathe as she returned focus to her son. She gazed into his dark irises, seeing her own frustration and hurt reflected back, and the Alphess exhaled heavily. How was she supposed to respond? Tell him that even if Constantine did come back, he would not be welcome? Tell him that there was no way they could recover from this? Her jaw tightened, and she chose to be gentle: "I don't know, baby."

everything mortal fades away in time, but the spirit remains