Ankyra Sound the fault is not in our stars, but the moon; that idiot rock ruins everything
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
arturo always finds himself on the returning to the coast; every time he returns to the teekon wilds; lured by the ghosts of what once was. he knows to block them out, taught by an old medicine woman and acclaimed soothsayer ( that panicked him as he worried if it might rouse witchdoctor from whatever slimy crevice of arturo's broken mind he was hiding in ).

you have a future fire eyes, she croaked to him one morning. it is not with the ghosts of your past.

his last departure was possibly his longest to date. at least, he thinks it is. for a while time had become an abstract concept to the gangster and the blur of months was merely that: a blur. spent piecing himself back together, dusting himself off and plotting his next course of life and where it would take him. naturally, it takes him back to teekon. it is where lotte is laid to rest, where his children still remain.

there is little light save the rays that break through the thickened canopy above but that hardly bothers the gangster. arturo moves through it with purpose. his place cannot be on the coast anymore. he must sever the lure that keeps drawing him back. ghosts are not my future. the move of teaghlaigh inland had been necessary at the time ...and though he hadn't known: prophetic. he must move inland now. it is that direction he heads only to hesitate. the briefest scent, familiar in many ways than one catches his attention.

mallaidh.

his hesitation prolongs as he wars with himself. should he try to find her? attempt to reconcile? would she want to see him? or would it be better that he didn't meddle. no doubt, she is doing fine on her own without his interference. but she is his child ( adult or not she will always be his daughter ) and paternal instincts make the decision for him.

molly? he calls out her name in question in his smoky timbre as she comes into his view and then he waits with bated breath, eyes of twin suns focusing upon her, watching carefully for her reaction.

363 words
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread