Hushed Willows it's in the lap of the gods
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
yeah, they're outside!

Well, "getting there" was certainly better than nothing. When did "getting there" ever stop? Did one ever "get there"? She kind of thought she was "there," but some days really shook her faith. Lily supposed that was just part of life, though. Good days and bad.

He stood up, and she assumed he was going to leave, bored already with the stars. But then Delight spoke, and she turned to him, surprised, though still with a smile on her face. Well. . .same to you, I should say, Lily said, laughing a little. We've both stuck it out quite admirably, haven't we?

She sighed softly, crossing her paws in front of her and looking down at them. There was nowhere else for me to go, really, she mused. Could have gone back to my family, I suppose. I almost did, once. Rushing water suffused her senses, suddenly, as if she were drowning once more. Her head throbbed. It was a memory best left to the past.

But nowhere else close, Lily continued after a beat. She glanced up at Delight. I was a girl who had no idea what I was doing, you know, when I found Alarian--in a tree, of all places! The blackbird giggled, shaking her head. Tagged along, of course. Didn't know what else to do. Bracken--Elysium--became my home. You lot are my family, now. I could never leave.

She lifted her chin, inquisitive. Why did you stay? she asked. Instead of going with Ali? Why did you choose to stay?
Messages In This Thread
it's in the lap of the gods - by Lily - December 17, 2018, 10:21 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Ariel - December 24, 2018, 02:26 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Lily - December 24, 2018, 11:57 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Ariel - December 25, 2018, 12:08 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Lily - December 26, 2018, 07:47 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Ariel - December 28, 2018, 05:15 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Lily - December 28, 2018, 07:41 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Ariel - January 03, 2019, 09:12 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Lily - January 04, 2019, 02:02 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Ariel - January 15, 2019, 10:45 AM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Lily - January 16, 2019, 03:31 PM