Fox's Glade Cause we both need it to forget this fear
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri leans forward subconsciously, pale ears pricked attentively. Sorin does not seem like the type to speak of himself often and Liri wants to glean what information she can from this glimpse into his origins. 

Empathy coursed through the healer at the brief mention of the raven's family - memories of the tribe falling apart on account of the disease that killed so many of its members, her father included, flashing through her head. She had lost her people, her siblings but she could not imagine the horror of losing them in a massacre as Sorin had. 

Despite herself, the fae can't help the amused grin that breaks across her face at the next segment - it's a little hard to picture the stoic bear as a smart-mouthed youth. 

Her smile turns to one of admiration, sensing that Viggo is something of a hero to Sorin. The warrior sounds worthy of such respect, at least from the way Sorin speaks of him. 

As the tale nears its conclusion, Liri's ears pin briefly in confusion. 

Does he not see himself as worth time? 

Her heart leapt into her throat. The words were there on her tongue if she could just spit them out. Adrenaline raced in her veins as if she were about to face some foe and not just speak aloud a thought. 

Why was it so difficult? Sorin was something like a friend, he had been kind to her. Kind enough to keep a lonely stranger company, to sit awake with her at night and speak of everything and anything - so long as they both tactfully agreed to not bring up anything too painful. Why should it be so hard to return the favor, to say something kind to him? 

Because it doesn't completely feel like just saying something nice to a friend. And you know it. 

"I think, " she finally said, soft tones wavering with nerves, "that he saw in you what I see in you. I don't know you very well yet but you seem like a good person."

"You're kind though people haven't often returned that favor to you, " 
she ventured hesitantly. "Kind enough to travel with a stranger." 

"You've seen pain but I think Viggo would agree with me that you deserve peace." 

Liri risked a glance at his face then, praying to the ancestors that she hadn't offended him or overstepped, and waited for a reaction. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 11, 2019, 10:21 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 12, 2019, 03:32 AM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 13, 2019, 06:34 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 13, 2019, 07:20 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 13, 2019, 07:39 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 13, 2019, 08:37 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 13, 2019, 09:33 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 13, 2019, 10:18 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 13, 2019, 10:40 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 13, 2019, 11:13 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 14, 2019, 12:34 AM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 14, 2019, 01:14 AM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 18, 2019, 09:02 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 20, 2019, 03:54 AM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 20, 2019, 07:32 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 20, 2019, 08:16 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 20, 2019, 08:32 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 21, 2019, 12:59 AM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 21, 2019, 01:40 AM