Sun Mote Copse let me see through your eyes, where there’s so much life
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
I vote that we wrap up our sad one and keep this one going a bit longer: one last happy mother/daughter thread? :')

Wildfire glanced sideways to catch sight of her little girl's almost painstaking crawl, which brought a smile to her lips. She said nothing, resuming her search for a scent. Although she felt a little sapped of her usual hunting energy, it wasn't as noticeable, not with the slow pace her company set. And Wildfire hardly minded that.

She came upon the fresh spoor left by a rabbit, yet moved on. Although Weejay wouldn't be the one hunting, Wildfire wanted to find prey that moved a little slower, so her daughter had more of a chance to observe it. She discarded a few other trails before deciding to follow the ripe odor of a groundhog. They could move quickly yet often they were fat and ungainly, at least compared to a rabbit.

"C'mere," she said quietly to Weejay, motioning the pup to come up beside her. "Smell this." She pointed her nose at a patch of grass laid flat on the ground, saturated with the smell of Marmota monax.
Messages In This Thread
RE: let me see through your eyes, where there’s so much life - by Wildfire - June 17, 2019, 09:47 PM