Separation of Pack and Disco?
you are an artist and your heart is your masterpiece
46 Posts
Ooc —
Is it at all possible to get rid of a pack channel, or pack channels entirely, on Disco?

I appreciate a quicker way to communicate between packmates, and a place to chat about WOLF in general, but as a PM, I also find it a little taxing to attend to pack needs and discussions in two different locations (on site, and in chat).

I do understand that being on Disco isn't mandatory, and that I can dictate my preferences for contact, but I also feel a tiny bit obligated to participate. I mean, an entire channel dedicated to a pack I made exists there. I didn't create that channel myself, ask for it, or even realize that it was part of the deal of making a pack since that wasn't always the case... but I'd feel bad trying to ignore it anyway.

Because as a PM, I'm expected to "manage" all sources of information pertained to the pack, and also be able to communicate with my members the way they're most comfortable with. Then, as a member of other packs, I feel like I should be participating in their OOC discussions as well, if I want to keep my own character informed. It starts to get pretty taxing when all of these conversations can happen in two or three separate places for the same groups, and I think it's easy for others to forget that this isn't the preferred way to communicate or stay organized for some people.  

As things stand, between the drafting table, each of the onsite MO forums, the individual pack channels, and personal messages from here and Disco: it can often seem as if I'm getting double, or triple the notifications about the same subject, and I'm spending a lot of time scrolling— trying to stay up on important details, inquiries, or goings on, while trying to remember the things I see; all at the irregular pace that Disco and this site moves.

In my opinion, any questions or pack-wide exchanges should be done in the pack MO forums, which I think sometimes get underused because of the ease of Disco— despite MO forums being a better place to record OOC pack ideas, interactions, etc. I don't think both forums of pack exchanges are necessary, and if we can do away with one, I'd prefer it be Disco so that "official" pack business would necessarily occur on site instead of in chat.
Messages In This Thread
Separation of Pack and Disco? - by Anansi - July 07, 2019, 10:28 AM
RE: Separation of Pack and Disco? - by Indra - July 07, 2019, 10:45 AM
RE: Separation of Pack and Disco? - by Rosalyn - July 07, 2019, 11:27 AM
RE: Separation of Pack and Disco? - by Maegi - July 07, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: Separation of Pack and Disco? - by Towhee - July 07, 2019, 04:00 PM