Wheeling Gull Isle xviiii. letting your guard down is honourable
166 Posts
Ooc —
Trust - one word, five letters, and yet it held so much. 

How long since she'd trusted - anything? Oh, she'd been innocent once, a girl of dreams and hopes and ballads but the world had snuffed out that girl long ago. Lucavon, Daegon's loss, Rhaelyx's betrayal, the years of solitude had all hardened her, turned her features to stone and petrified her heart against others; even herself was not safe. 

Violet drifted to him, heavy with searching. 

Who could be more worthy of her trust than he? 

"They began the day Lucavon at last allowed me to join the public...the day I saw you," the wisp reveals, lilt quieted to a whisper, the truth curling between them - reaching within to curl around her fluttering heart. 

"They were...chaotic - hazy figments of clashing bodies, snapping jaws." Lucavon falling, dark paws racing, unfamiliar lands, a pelt of auburn. 

"After my banishment they were jumbled, muddled. They disippated, replaced by horrors," the Queen of Shards swallowed thickly, shoulders curling as she shuddered, clouded gaze unfocused as it lowered. 

"Until you returned to me," the Seelie murmured, halfgaze drifting up to his - a honeyed smile softening her tormented expression. 

"You brought the dreams with you; they returned in full force -memories of you and the Kingdom, glimpses of our future," her voice dropped bashfully, head tilted from him slightly so the warrior might not see the hope in her eye. 

"I pray they are real." 
"Even princesses and she-wolves bleed."
"Common." "Lirean."
ARISTOS
Messages In This Thread
RE: xviiii. letting your guard down is honourable - by Rhælla - August 09, 2019, 12:14 AM