Stone Circle don't wake me
do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God
75 Posts
Ooc —
Kaito might have felt abashed, if not for the nature of this woman's reveal. She delivered her confession of blindness with such pomp and peculiarity that the boy felt his curiosities pricked more than his sympathies, and he found himself accompanying her laugh with a soft chuckle of his own. "That makes so much more sense!" he said through a grin. In that space she left for him to talk, he offered, "I'm Kaito, by the way, for what it's worth, I'd say you've got your eye contact down pat."

And he found he rather liked her name, for hers felt earthy, archaic, and warm. And he wondered what history her heritage spoke of, where she'd come from, who she'd left, and what had led her here. How she'd been blinded, what that was like, living without seeing -- seeing, through touch and taste and smell. These thoughts filled the pause she offered. Her voice again reeled him back to the present.

"Oh! Yeah -- um," he dropped a quick glance at the long river grass, and the reeds laying limp in the snow. "It's, um... it's really nothing. Just a little experiment I'm preparing for, um... for a lesson with Arlette tomorrow..." and he toed the long stalks, feeling heat stroke his face when he said her name, "honestly, I - well, I'm not even sure it'll work..."
Messages In This Thread
don't wake me - by Blondine - January 01, 2020, 08:44 PM
RE: don't wake me - by Kaito - January 01, 2020, 10:31 PM
RE: don't wake me - by Blondine - January 02, 2020, 12:31 PM
RE: don't wake me - by Kaito - January 03, 2020, 07:27 PM
RE: don't wake me - by Blondine - January 04, 2020, 03:06 PM
RE: don't wake me - by Kaito - January 05, 2020, 11:39 AM
RE: don't wake me - by Blondine - January 05, 2020, 03:24 PM
RE: don't wake me - by Kaito - April 05, 2020, 04:18 PM