Whitefish River she fears I'll be a servant to my history
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
*invades*

Quell loved the coast and would've been happy romping along the shores the rest of her days. But she had been sent forth from Seabolt with a mission: see if there was large game elsewhere. The leaders were loath to move from the pack's island fortress, yet they had been slowly going hungry these last few months. Ever since the flood, the herds had vanished from both the island and the nearest mainland. Although Q couldn't participate in big game hunts, they knew she had a knack for tracking. If she did come across any prey, she would report directly back home with her findings, then the leadership could decide whether to uproot and relocate the pack.

With this in mind, the youth ventured inland, looking for any signs of ungulate habitation. With respect to Frolic's needs, Q stayed near a river, trotting southeast through a thick woodland and threading through a small mountain pass. Beyond that, the land opened up into a sweeping plain. Still following the river, the she-wolf vigilantly scanned the wintry grasslands, aware that these would be ideal feeding grounds for herds. Somewhere along the way, Frolic slithered down from her shoulder and began to bounce alongside her.

But when he saw something ahead, the young otter darted in between her forelegs without warning. "Fuck's sake, Fro," Q muttered as she nearly tripped over his lithe body, though she squinted ahead and saw the source of his uneasiness. There was a wolf further upriver, albeit a distance from the water's edge. Quell pulled a series of faces as Frolic forcibly scaled her leg and shoulder, his claws pinching her skin, but said nothing as she studied the stranger from afar.

"Hold onto your butts," she said to Frolic before breaking into a canter, the river falling away behind them as they approached a she-wolf who looked about the same age as Quell. She slowed as she neared her, ignoring Frolic's quiet titters just behind her head as she shouted a greeting: "Hey, you, with the face!"
Messages In This Thread
she fears I'll be a servant to my history - by Clementine - January 31, 2020, 12:19 PM
RE: she fears I'll be a servant to my history - by Quellcrist - January 31, 2020, 01:05 PM