Flycatcher Downs well, everything has changed
do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God
75 Posts
Ooc —
Oof. For someone so soft, man could that tongue ever bite! But he deserved every sting of her reprimand. She hadn't deserved his silence, and had done nothing to warrant his dismissal. Kaito slicked his ears in bashful knowing. Yeah... that was stupid... he'd tried to focus on the rest of the pack, but he'd ended up largely alone, which... probably accounted for his restlessness, and his slipping out of pack territory from time to time to find any distraction he could clamber a hold of, anything to spare him from the stress he felt when he thought of Greyback, and by extension, Easthollow.

And speaking of the Patriarch -- Kaito blinked in surprise at Arlette's revelation, and faced her with a lift of his brow. I didn't know that, he said, with genuine curiosity at what he'd just learned. Further still, this shed light on why Greyback seemed so overprotective of Arlette. Hadn't his pack been the same to him and his siblings? He quirked his lips in a smile of gratitude for his friend's assessment of his father. I know. I wish I'd met him, he sighed, shrugged, and asked, do... you know what happened to your real dad? tentative, as he was, in his delivery. Unsure if she'd be as open to share, because everyone was different, after all.

Oh - yeah, Feter just means uncle, he said with a laugh. No-one had yet asked him of these deeper things of his heritage, his faith which had led him here in the first place. Nor did Kaito know how well he could express the sacredness of what these practices meant to him, but he would try. His smile warmed. Well, our lives are actually quite shaped by our faith, he began, an easy segue into some of what he would share with her now, but one thing we observe weekly is what we call the shabbat. It's a day we set aside to rest from work, and to commemorate our God's activity when He created the world. He worked six days, and rested on the seventh, so we rest from work on the seventh, too. They tracked their days by the moon -- every full, quarter, and new. I saw your mother praying by the Stones, he admitted to her then, and wondered what new ground he was encroaching by asking so, is your family a people of faith?
Messages In This Thread
well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 05, 2020, 03:36 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 05, 2020, 03:53 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 05, 2020, 06:13 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 06, 2020, 05:52 AM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 07, 2020, 09:52 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 08, 2020, 02:05 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 08, 2020, 03:49 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 08, 2020, 05:34 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 19, 2020, 05:09 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 20, 2020, 05:29 AM