Flycatcher Downs well, everything has changed
do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God
75 Posts
Ooc —
He couldn't help but let a smile spread over his nodding face when Arlette voiced the very hopes he had toyed with for so very long. "That's actually part of the reason I left home -- to see if I could find him," and his smile shifted then, as he confided, "I kind of like to imagine that he's found his way back home now, and that he's back with my mum." Who was to say if he would ever find that out? In these things, he didn't mind living in ignorance.

Kaito found the story of Stark a sadder one than the tale of his own father. The only parallels he could see was that both their dads had vanished, and that they had both grown up without them. There were only differences from there. Her words wearied his heart, and Kaito shifted his eyes aside. "That is crazy..." the words coupled with an anxious chuckle, a tic he wished right now would just up and leave him alone, "I'm so sorry... I can't imagine what that would've been like, for you or your mother."

As the conversation shifted, he let the easiness slip back into their engagement. Kaito offered a side grin at her inquiry into his faith -- he might've seen that question coming. "I bet some sects did that, but we were much less legalistic," his smile carried through, "We mostly used the day to enjoy each other's company, to tell stories, and to eat together. Kind of like... a celebration of the good blessings our God provides for us, without looking for more. A lot of us used the day for prayer as well. And, y'know," he teased her with another sideways glance, "sleeping and napping, too."

Kaito was happy that Arlette provided a much longer explanation of the Stones than her mother had, and her explanation made sense - in theory, more than practical belief. The stones were clearly important to the Matriarch, however, and as Arlette had confided, were tied to such a tender and vulnerable moment of her history. Perhaps he would have a chance to inquire more into these beliefs at a later time -- yet right now did not seem that time. Kaito simply decided he would need to be careful that he did not compromise his own faith while he walked with Easthollow.

He didn't comment on Arlette's confession, simply nodded to show that he heard, and understood. "Do you remember which wolves represent each stone?" Even if he did not believe the spirits of their predecessors could help them, Kaito remained genuinely curious to know the history of Easthollow, and of who had been what to them.
Messages In This Thread
well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 05, 2020, 03:36 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 05, 2020, 03:53 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 05, 2020, 06:13 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 06, 2020, 05:52 AM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 07, 2020, 09:52 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 08, 2020, 02:05 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 08, 2020, 03:49 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 08, 2020, 05:34 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 19, 2020, 05:09 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 20, 2020, 05:29 AM