Northstar Vale Mother's Song
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

Though the druid certainly admired the northron's tenacity, something still niggled at her - perhaps the intuition that cursed her with seeing too deeply beneath the surface, or that forever shattered piece of her soul that recognized agony. 

"Aye, mi'lady," she lilted softly in agreement, a diffident gentleness cast over the words, "..but vho checks on ye?" 

Recognizing her own insolence, the waifish sighthound withered with submission shortly after - spine curved and tail tucked as her wispy auds pinned. 

"I only mean'..it vould be nice to 'ave friends," she explained hastily, octaves ahush with trepidation. "I vould very much like to be friends." Somber, pale eyes blinked at the Izuka. 

The news that her leader shared prompted a change in demeanor: ears perking curiously as the healer half-straightened, something equal parts cheerful and sorrowful in her fae gaze. 

"Truly? Congrat-ulations," the words fumbled from Awen's maw clumsily, a small smile unfurling upon her stiff cheeks. Despite the mother's hollow echo of grief, she truly welcomed the thought of children running about the Vale.

"Vell, firstly, I vould reccomen' keeping to yer routine as closely as possible," the botanist advised as she seemed to take on a clinical view. "In t'ese early stages, t'ere isn't much change to make."

"Try to eat 'ealthy: rich and fatty meats, berries, roots. Lots of vater, of course. Excercise, sunlight, the necessities." 

"Avoid anyt'ing too strenuous - excessive work, traveling far distances, sparring - especially as  yer pregnancy progresses. If yer undergoing quite a bit of stress, light doses of lavender every o'ter day or so should help. If'n not, ve can look into something stronger t'at's safe fer ta bairns."

"I t'ink t'at about covers it fer now," 
the midwife drawled slightly as she trailed off, concentration carved upon glacial features as she pondered. 

"Ah, yes!" She softly exclaimed aloud as her face lit up. "I do 'ave a bit of black 'aw stockpiled, it is good - in small amounts -fer preventing miscarriage in ta ferst few mont's." 
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
Mother's Song - by Reiko - April 25, 2020, 01:08 PM
RE: Mother's Song - by Necahual - April 25, 2020, 01:29 PM
RE: Mother's Song - by Reiko - April 25, 2020, 07:41 PM
RE: Mother's Song - by Necahual - April 27, 2020, 05:52 PM
RE: Mother's Song - by Reiko - April 30, 2020, 09:13 AM
RE: Mother's Song - by Necahual - May 04, 2020, 05:28 PM
RE: Mother's Song - by Reiko - May 05, 2020, 09:30 AM
RE: Mother's Song - by Necahual - May 09, 2020, 12:13 AM
RE: Mother's Song - by Reiko - May 11, 2020, 09:00 PM