Sun Mote Copse What up, I'm Jared, I'm 19, and I never f*cking learned how to read
82 Posts
Ooc —
While Niamh certainly worked at teaching her children Towma's language, Q's grasp of it was about as crude as her reception of the English language. Her ears might twitch naturally while she listened to things, and now and then someone might be fortunate to watch her speak and ptero at once (if it was not a trick of ones own eye)... though anyone with decent observation skills would see that the ptero and the "word", of which she had yet to form one quite yet (or at least use correctly), did not translate to the same thing. Especially since no words could be said, yet

There were things Q was beginning to understand though. "Yes", "no", "hi" for instance. "You" too was a word she heard frequently, but that word was used on all her siblings. So, to her, they were all "you". She looked over her shoulder and saw she was the only 'you' present, and looked back to Meerkat with an ecstatic grin. Q was in, whatever it was. 

Now and then, mom and dad would say "can you say". 'Say', then, was the familiar one then... but even still Q did not grasp its context. She responded anyway, probably not at all like Meerkat had hoped: AYYYYBEE! EECHUUUU! AYBEKAY, mashing the words together with a nod of her head, and, for good measure, mimicked the final gesture—correctly, actually. But she didn't know that. Her head tilted comically as she gazed at her cousin, thinking they were getting somewhere. 

All this was about food, right?
Messages In This Thread
RE: What up, I'm Jared, I'm 19, and I never f*cking learned how to read - by Quetzal - May 05, 2020, 10:43 PM