Redhawk Caldera wait, wtf?
82 Posts
Ooc —
Q had been gone for a while. 

Her life of (mis)adventures had been grand. Honestly? Life itself was grand. Quetzal lived the vagabond life with her beau, acquiring shiny pretty things all along the way and trading these riches for the next best thing when she wasn’t hoarding them. 

There were no kids to leave it all to, just me, myself, and I—oh, and T. Her partner in crime, he had helped her secure the goods. Q found life much more vibrant with than without him. He was once upon a time just a self-made dare, but somewhere along the timeline that turned into love. 

The Valley never called her back, not until something like serendipity? That was the wrong word, probably, but she liked the sound of it… anyway, not until that thing came across her path in an incredibly rare herd came across her radar. They had to follow it, of course. Like Cruella De Vil, she had to have those furs… and T agreed of course. 

So when the horizon became familiar, Q was surprised. Things and wolves came back to mind that hadn’t in years—and rather than follow the scent of the herd, which they would get back to, she turned to T and said, oh, fuck! My families here! And you’re gonna meet them. Maybe ix nay on the exploits, though. Don’t know that they’d appreciate it, the once-Redhawk said. 

We’ll go to the place with my name, once upon a time—Redhawk Caldera! My family owns the joint still, I bet, and she was off like a bat out of hell, a slideshow of their faces playing rapid fire in her mind. Man, who knew how much she had missed what had once been home? Probably the only stable thing in her life had been this place, those wolves—but adventure had called, and she was a woman of its whimsy now. 

Before she crashed through the borders—which, if this were anyone else she would have little regard for them—Q stopped before them and called to the famjam. 

Oh, shit, had she left T behind? She looked back and threw up a call for him, too—sometimes she got ahead of herself when excitement struck. Oftentimes it got her in trouble, but T had also learned to account for it by now. Maybe less so when it came to family though. She had met all (and she meant allllll) of his family, though—he owed her big time for that one.
you're a bandit like me—eyes full of stars
21 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Oh fuck—it was finally time to meet Quetzal's family.

"Great," Tiarnach snorted, feigning excitement with a forced grin, "Can't wait." He had been dreading this day for as long as he could remember—introducing her to his family had been eventful, to say the least—but maybe this'd be different. After all, her Aunt Towhee seemed cool as fuck, from what she'd told him.

Selfishly, he didn't care to meet the Redhawks; she had insisted that she meet his family. They had a great thing going, and introducing anybody else into the mix complicated things.

"Shit!" Quetzal tended to run off randomly, and although it kept him on his toes, he was much slower than her, and it usually took some time for him to catch up.

His disinterest shifted into genuine intrigue as they passed the borders, and soon he galloped at her side. Excitement was sparkling in her eyes, and he couldn't be negative when she looked so ... cute. He bumped his shoulder into hers as they ran, and in a softer voice full of love, he said: "Alright, Q-T, let's meet this family of yours."
63 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Whoever was calling had to be lost because “red ducks” definitely weren’t a thing they had.  Least, that was what Jay heard, but he’d had his head half-shoved in the tunnel he was working on and hadn’t caught all of it.

Ma and pops were probably busy, and Teya was probably doing… whatever mom things moms did too, which meant it was going to be his job to get the door.  Jay shook (some) of the dirt from his coat and then took off for the border, arriving with his tongue lolling and a healthy coating of dirt still present.

Yo!!  What’s up!  He called, huffing as he approached.  Dude, he didn’t recognize either of them.  Weird.  We don’t got any red ducks, but there might be some over on the lake.  I caught a goose there last week, it was huge.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
A call for the Redhawks came right in the middle of a fairly uncomfortable situation. He'd been holding his son (not Boris, his other son) down as gently as he could in the lake to wash some of the stink off of him. The boy refused to bathe himself, and it was becoming uncomfortable for anyone who had to share a den with him. Ponyboy was, without a doubt, his smelly child. 

He'd lured the kid down to the lake hoping to encourage him to swim, but Bronco was a horrible liar and the kid caught on to his ulterior motives within seconds and planted his butt on the shore. His stink was his flagship; it was his rebellion. He knew that going in the water to go swimming was all one big lie to get him to smell better, so he refused. Bronco was soft at heart but when the breeze picked up and wafted his son's bog-stench toward him, he lost it. Rolling his eyes, he grabbed and dragged the kid kicking and flailing into the lake, and began to comb through some of the mats in his fur with his claws. Clumps of unshed fur came out of him, mixed with burdocks and dirt and sticks. 

The call came, and Bronco loosened his grip. When Ponyboy struggled free and left the water, he looked about 5lbs lighter, but much sourer. He promptly rolled in the sand along the shore out of spite, and then sped off into the woods. Bronco sighed, and let him go, and then took a moment to try and figure out who was calling, and why they were calling for Redhawks. The voice was...Not exactly familiar, not until he heard it rise again, summoning another wolf. He froze. 

No way. 

He loped toward the borders, moving carefully down the slope so that he didn't pull a muscle- and after having given his tangly son a bath, he was already exhausted. His heart, however, loped twice as fast- he knew who this was, and he couldn't wait to see her again. 

Jay was there, and there was someone else too- but he grinned broadly, tears springing at the corners of his eyes as he saw his little sister for the first time in what must have been years. He knew the slight differences between his twin siblings, but it was the telling presence of leaf litter caught in her pelt after having bushwhacked her way to the borders that gave her away. Alyx (at least how he had known her last) would have never suffered such messiness. He was so happy to see her, that he forgot how much different he must look to her. 

"Quetzal Redhawk," He called out, as he slid to a halt near Jay. His fur dripped water from the lake, but Jay didn't look particularly prim and proper either. Bronco looked to the young, freckled man at her side, and figured that his first obligation as big brother was to embarass her. "Thanks for bringin' her back, young man. We've had warrants out for Q's arrest for years now and she's managed to give everyone the slip," He chuckled.