Redhawk Caldera that's a technical on the good neighbors.
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Joining 
Please let @Tiarnach post first, then aw! :D

"Man, travel is so much easier when the weather isn't complete shit."

Eshe didn't need to glance over at her brother to know that he was likely nodding in agreement with her statement. Her eyes were glued to the beheaded mountain reaching up towards the sky before them. She had seen this territory before. She'd seen it in the distance just that past Winter when she'd been lost in the snow and disappeared from the Wilds. Her mind went to Kaistleoki--had they worried? Had they looked for her? Had they even noticed at all?

The Frostfur brushed off the uncertainty and continued forward, pausing here and there to sniff at the terrain. There was definitely a pack settled here. Not that she'd doubted Figment's information, but it was nice to know they hadn't gotten the wrong Caldera. A smile crept across her muzzle as she bounced forward, knocking her shoulder lightly into Tiarnach's hip to incite a game of chase that would take them the rest of the way to Redhawk Caldera's borders.

The pair spent a few minutes sniffing around at the scent of various wolves that littered the area, learning what they could about the relatives they'd come to see. Once satisfied, Eshe lifted her head and called over to her twin. "Harmony on three?" she asked with a grin before counting down, tilting her head back, and calling for whoever was around to attend them.
you're a bandit like me—eyes full of stars
21 Posts
Ooc — Chan
"Seriously," Tiarnach replied, rolling his eyes and nodding. It'd been unseasonally rainy, causing the well-worn path between the Redhawks and Frosthawks to be muddy and slick. He had done his best to keep clean, but it'd been impossible—Tairnach felt like a hot mess express, and he couldn't wait to take a long bath after all of this traveling. He kept reminding himself that all of this hassle would be worth it in the end.

When Eshe bumped his hip, he turned to face her with a smirk. She didn't have to say anything; he had already picked up on what she wanted to do. He set off with a playful bark, leading them closer to the caldera. The headless moutain grew tenfold as they approached, and every so often, he'd glance up at it in awe; it was much bigger than he remembered. When they arrived at the borders, they decided to check out the various smells before summoning the pack. Tairnach trailed after his sister, still panting, as he began to familiarize himself with who resided here. Most of them were unfamiliar to him, but that did not deter him. This was the beginning of a life-changing adventure. Finally, he'd be free of his parent's constant observation; he'd live the life that he wanted to.

"On three," he agreed, "One ... two ..." and three! He tipped his head back and howled, harmonizing his deep baritone with the whimsical soprano that was his sister's voice.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Their efforts fell on deaf ears, though Towhee didn't remain oblivious to the two gray ghosts lurking along her borders for long. She'd spent even more time patrolling since Killdeer's birth (not to mention her run-in with Slate), relishing her free time even as she kept her home carefully guarded from unwanted outsiders. Perhaps twenty or thirty minutes had passed since the pair's howl when she spotted them and hastened toward the pair of...

"Blackthorns?" Towhee guessed when she came close enough. Their look was pretty unmistakable and she fancied they smelled familiar too. Perhaps they came from Frosthawks, though she couldn't personally place them. She was getting old; she was a grandmother now, so it was her prerogative to forget things. She smirked to herself as her orange eyes floated between their youthful faces.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Unlike her brother, Eshe didn't at all mind the dirt that coated her fur. After they finished their song, she dropped onto her haunches to scratch at an itch on her shoulder. When she couldn't quite reach it, she went ahead and dropped onto the ground and began to roll and slide herself across it. It wasn't as satisfying as if she'd been able to use her own claws, but it did the trick even if it left her with a large swatch of mud across her shoulder and side.

She turned to shoot her brother a grin that would've lead to a wrestling match where she'd attempt to share the filth, but Eshe spied an approaching figure that distracted her entirely. Swiftly she stood and relaxed her posture into one of friendly deference.

She searched her memories then of the family she'd met and the family she'd heard of and swiftly came to the conclusion that this was likely the famed Towhee. She smiled as the woman semi-correctly labeled them as Blackthorns and gave an enthusiastic nod. "Yep! Well, Frostfurs, technically," Eshe replied, glancing sidelong at her twin, "Our parents are Liffey and Rannoch. My name is Eshe and this is my brother, Tiarnach. It's--oh!"

She paused as something occurred to her. A little hesitantly, she lifted her paw and attempted to use the small bit of ptero she'd learned from Raven to finish, -"It's nice to meet you. Towhee, yes?"-
21 Posts
Ooc — Chan
While Eshe relieved the itch on her shoulder, Tiarnach attentively watched the forest in front of them, waiting for somebody to materialize through the treeline. He shifted his weight from paw-to-paw as they waited, as anticipation built within him. Moving around helped keep most of his anxiety at bay, but there was still some excitement that managed to shine through his attentive gaze.

Towhee was the one to greet them, and Tiarnach took a moment to remember her name. He sorted through everything he had learned about the Redhawks; black fur ... and a splash of orange and white ... she had to be a Weasley Towhee. While Eshe began to speak for the both of them, Tiarnach flashed his sister a grateful girn. He had been too in his head trying to remember the Regent's name to answer. Without skipping a beat, he added, "-Thanks for taking time to meet us here.-" For once, Raven's lessons were paying off.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The more feminine of the two spoke first, catching and holding Towhee's eye. Once, the mention of the Frostfurs might have rubbed her the wrong way, though those feelings had faded into the distant past. Besides, they'd been on good terms with the Frosthawks for years now, so these two were welcome guests.

And then they both signed, which was always a pleasant surprise. The smirk shifted slightly into more of a smile. -"Yes, I'm Towhee,"- she said and signed simultaneously. -"Nice to meet you..."- Towhee paused before trying, "Eshe and... Tiarnach." That difficult-to-pronounce name made her miss Elwood and Finley sorely for a moment before she moved on in the conversation. -"What brings you two to Redhawk Caldera?"-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Don't mind Azon he's just being nosy lol (skippable! No need to ask <3)

A call was heard -- two of them -- just west of the borders Azon had been patrolling today. Curious, his large paws carried him in a marching pace toward the source of the noise to investigate, but by the time he had arrived, it looked as though Towhee had already confronted the two wolves.

"Eshe" and "Tiarnach" were two names he arrived just in time to here, though he wouldn't really know if those were the names the two were associated with unless it was confirmed to him -- he only heard bits and pieces of this conversation after all. In the meantime, he slowly arrived a couple of inches behind Towhee, offering a chuff to let her know he was there (still not aware that the woman was deaf), and watching the two similar-looking pair -- particularly getting distracted by the freckles which dotted their muzzles....

The Pheonix General
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Eshe saw the moment Towhee warmed to them, relaxing a bit in kind. She had no idea there had ever been any resentment between Towhee and her family, otherwise she might’ve been more anxious about this meet and greet. Ignorance was bliss, though, and she merely took it as a good sign.

Before she could offer an answer to the question posed, she caught sight of another wolf joining them. This one she didn’t recognize—there was no description of her family at the Caldera to match the scarred face and two toned eyes. She shot him a brief smile before turning back to Towhee.

”We were hoping to join your ranks,” Eshe replied, dropping the ptero only because she wasn’t sure enough of herself that she could do it all correctly, ”Tea can speak for himself, but I’ve traveled quite a bit and have enjoyed building and strengthening relationships between my pack and others as an ambassador. I’m also well versed in natural sciences and know some of medicine and caring for the young or sick. I offer all those skills in service to your pack.”
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Since Tiarnach is inactive, I'ma skip him and nudge this toward a wrap for us. :)

When Āzon arrived, Towhee tossed him an appreciative glance. He was quite an intimidating figure and always seemed to be lurking around the borders, which certainly pleased the Sovereign. But she quickly redirected her attention back to Eshe and her brother.

She was honestly surprised by their bid to join, though after both Eshe and Tiarnach took a turn to preemptively offer up their skills, Towhee smiled and said, -"We'd be happy to have you."- Their skill sets were promising, just like their manners, though they were from the Redhawks' sister pack... of course they were shoe-ins.

-"Āzon, would you mind giving them the grand tour? I'll catch up with you guys later on,"- she added to her new recruits, -"I just have kids and grandkids to check on right now. See you."-

447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
[size=small]They were accepted into the ranks in short order, which pleased the pair of Blackthorns, though neither were surprised. They were family, after all. Not directly, Eshe knew. But in bonds of pack and friendship that spanned back a few generations. Eshe had grown up believing that those sort of ties were far more important than mere blood.[/size]

[size=small]”Thank you, Towhee!” Eshe chirruped brightly, turning her warm gaze then to Azon. He was an intimidating figure, but he was now pack. And, apparently, tour guide. ”We’d be happy to have a tour, if you’re up for it,” she said to him with a smile and light wag of her tail, setting off eagerly behind him when he turned to lead them away.[/size]
21 Posts
Ooc — Chan
"Yes! Thank you, Towhee," Tiarnach replied, "We'll see you around," They'd been accepted into the pack without a hitch, and now it was time to explore their new home ... with some buff guy that they barely knew. Tiarnach swallowed hard and sized up his packmate for a moment before glancing away; he was intimidating.

Āzon started the tour, leading the twins away from the borders and into the (unKNOWNNNNNNNNNNNN) the pack's territory. Tiarnach kept to Eshe's side, glancing excitedly in her direction every so often, as they began their new adventure.
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Assuming this'll fade out soon so last from me! ^-^

He was, more or less, spaced out for the few seconds of exchange between these three -- well actually, he was just busy playing visual connect-the-dots with Eshe's freckles -- but still managed to snap back fast enough near the end. Towhee had pulled the guard aside to let him know she'd be leaving, and he'd give a nod to let the woman know he had it under control from here.

'We’d be happy to have a tour, if you’re up for it,'

"Damn straight I'd be up for a tour! Follow me." The Phoenix accepted with a grin, stepping some feet closer to join the small group and lead them over the borders. Azon had no prior knowledge of who these two actually were in relation to the Redhawks -- not that he had any knowledge of the family tree here to begin with, but perhaps that was just something he'd learn over time.

"Tiarnach and Eshe, right?" those were their names, if he could recall... "Welcome to th'pack. Names Azon, nice t'meet ya."

The Pheonix General