Northstar Vale Their names are called, they raise a paw.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,964 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Birth 
The labor lasted longer than Towhee expected. Sometime after midnight on the second night, the exhausted Eidos finally pushed @Sable and @Towhee Jr into the world. She cleaned them and tucked them against her side to suckle, then promptly conked out.

Her eyelids cracked open around dawn. She sleepily raised her head and jumped a little when she saw the two little bundles of joy squirming beside her. The roost’s entrance faced westward, though there was just enough light creeping into the den for Towhee to make out the details of her newest offspring.

@Maxim, she hisspered, reaching out to gently smack at him, I fuckin’ replicated.

Here’s a silly song to go with this silly post. Welcome, babies!
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,597 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
skippable!

The hours that passed between when Towhee began to give birth and when they actually arrived were long. Phox stepped away for what seemed like only a minute only to return to two new little dudes. Tail wagging, Phox let the three of them sleep, and he gave Maxim a brotherly grin. This was the first time in two years Phox would be present for the raising of his sister’s kids, and he vowed not to miss out on that.

When he heard mutterings in the den, he wiggled his head in, chin to the ground, laying on his belly, and sniffed at the air. He didn’t have anything to say—Phox just wanted to be here.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Sun Mote Copse
Tradesman
the muse of w a r
196 Posts
Ooc — delaney
awareness is a brief thing, felt in the press of her womb-mate — a constant battle it felt for space in which ( the would be named ) towhee jr. fought valiantly and without relent for, even it it meant abusing her mother during those times.

she feels it again in the contractions, in the pressure as she is brought into the world; battlehungry. bloodied and covered in slick.

towhee jr. finds soothing in the cleaning, in nestling against towhee and sable, in the sweet mother's milk that fills her belly. and she drinks her fill until it, coupled with the exhaustion of being birthed and the enveloping warmth, lulls her to sleep.

has a juvenile peregrine falcon companion named ghost; can be freely pp'd in threads with her; with the exception of serious injury/death.
-Ptero will look like this in posts-
56 Posts
Ooc — box
The battle had been ferocious and, in the end, Sable conceded victory to his wombmate with the fetal equivalent of a brisk handshake. Then, she was gone, first born.

Sable was soon to follow his sister into life, as he would for all of it if the fates allowed, cleaned and primped like a specialty show pony. His mouth opened at the treatment, wide as he could feasibly make it.

But no squeaking would come, as a normal puppy might. Just a hissing rasp, like the centuries old keeper of a king’s crypt. Sable, of course, did not notice this.

He was drinking his fill and sleeping before he knew it, a pudgy, parchment paper colored blob at his mother’s side.
speakingptero

Sable’s voice is barely audible due to a vocal chord deformity at birth.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
he could not sleep — and his reward for it would be children. two, that he had been mostly unable to see in the dark and had been content to simply let rest alongside towhee.

the three deserved it.

a knowing and warm look would be given to phox.

then dawn came and the den seemingly came to life once more too. towhee smacked the sleep off of him and his head rose so that he could peer carefully at what his wife spoke of.

a replication of her!

he laughed, biting it back to be a breathy sound. it is sasha! he said as he turned his face towards towhee. a child so great it had duplicated its own mother!

but...what of the other one? he peered curiously.

learing ptero from towhee. words that are signed will be portrayed -like this-
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,964 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She stared at her little lookalike in wonder, then turned her attention to the second pup. Gently, Towhee inspected each of them, taking care not to disturb their slumber. They had another son and daughter, though Towhee wondered if her tiny miniature would one day find herself with some extra assets too.

Raising her head, she caught Maxim’s remark and shook her head, declaring, No, it’s Mini-Me! Of course, she wouldn’t actually name her child that, though it would quite likely join an arsenal of nicknames. What about Towhee Jr? she added more seriously, then amended, Towhee Sasha Redhawk Jr.

What should they call their newest little boy? Towhee admired his smudgy little markings, trying to think of what animal he might resemble. She also recalled the middle names Maxim had chosen for boys: Nikola and Roman. She was still partial to the former, but…

You name him, she said to her mate, then glanced behind him and only now noticed Phox lingering in the den’s mouth. Come in and meet your niblings! Can one of you call for @Jack Snipe?

Towhee wondered if @Fennec and @Killdeer were within earshot. She also wouldn’t mind if Arsenio, @Tamar or any of their kids (Antigone, Zosime, @Zulema) overheard the call and stopped by, though Towhee wondered if the Morphe would be able to visit with her own due date drawing near. @Reyson and @Meadow would also be warmly welcomed too if they wanted to come see the newest batch of Redhawks.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Almost had a heart attack thinking someone died >w< one post for Arsenio! Jack will come next. *clacks my fingers*

The Arche had been patrolling the vale with no intention of bothering the expecting mother. Happenstance had allowed him to catch a fat beaver, though. After huffing heavily around the prey’s damp fur, he thought it best to take the prize to those who would need it most.

It was not until he drew near to Maxim and Towhee’s den that he recognized the scents of birth. His eyes were alight with happiness. While Arsenio did not dare draw too close to the mother’s birthing place, he could hear peaceful murmurs from within. It would be best to leave the food for them and let them have their peace and quiet. Those pups would grow faster than they could anticipate.

A rumble of congratulations was offered. Arsenio placed the fatty beaver near the entrance to their den. This delightful addition to their home had set his heart twittering. After lingering for a moment longer, the redstone man hurried back to Tamar so he might share the news with her.
128 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Jack had followed the sweet smell of beaver to his mom and dad’s den. He’d heard the talks of Towhee’s pregnancy. He understood that he would have new siblings, but it wasn’t something he thought about often. It seemed that his mom had grown so large and round that he anticipated she might look that way forever. This was fine by Jack. He thought Towhee looked more fun when she was huge.

Sniffing at the gift that had been left, the boy considered swiping it and eating it for himself. If they didn’t know any better, it’s not like the beaver would be missed. Curious noises drew his attention inside the den. Jack could hear his parents talking softly to each other. He thought he might have heard his name, but he couldn’t make out anything that followed.

You guys kissing in there? he called into the home with a scrunched nose. That’s when he smelled the new pups. Jack’s head tilted this way and that. His orangewash eyes blinked curiously.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
is there an order? smack me if im out of it LOL

a mini-me! he had no doubts that the miniature version of his wife would grow just as strong. as healthy and promising. a life full of great things that he hoped he lived to see much of.

towhee sasha redhawk jr. it was a mouthful, but he loved it. loved her! it did not, would not, ever replace. yet in this moment his eyes only saw these two bundles.

now the other!

he sniffed around them softly. as if their scent might tell him something! but, ah, he did feel the stirring of his heart once more. this one — he will be roman from my side. for despite all their joking, he could not name every child sasha!

stirrings from beyond the den drew his gaze away from the newly expanded family. a chuffing sound to arsenio before the man dipped away. undeniably watchful of his own wife! but there was their first son —

only kissing the new siblings you have, his voice teased warmly out to his son, wondering if any other family or friends had gathered yet.

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,964 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Alliteration was a little muddled for Towhee, though she did note that Roman Redhawk seemed like a strong name. Now he just needed a given name based on an animal he resembled as per tradition. He sort of reminded her of the ill-fated Marten, a thought which made Towhee chew at her lower lip, considering. Perhaps it might be nice to remember one son by naming another in his honor.

But she didn’t want to name him Marten, so what did that leave? Weasel? Mink? Otter? Didn’t she have a deceased sibling named Otter? Or was that Stoat? Towhee wondered how she even knew all these synonyms for one of nature’s most phallic little carnivores but, abruptly, she arrived at a decision.

Sable, she introduced him as both her older brother and the pups’ older brother came closer, Sable Roman Redhawk and Towhee Sasha Redhawk Jr.

She was kind of impressed with what they’d come up with—the children and their monikers—particularly her little replicant. Towhee wouldn’t mind repeating herself a couple hundred times over the following days as she introduced them to everyone.

The labor had been long and it was tempting to get some sleep while she could but Towhee felt wide awake. Her tail thumped as she beamed around the насест красного ястреба, favoring her mate and all three of her children most frequently with that idiotic grin.

I think the babies are asleep and Phox is skippable, so I’m posting again and we can do rounds, especially as others (hopefully) join!

By the way, I didn’t realize until just now that sables are native to Russia! That seems very fitting. :)

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson stepped towards the den that housed his friends a new goat pelt around his shoulders. He'd lay it at the den mouth with a gentle chuff and then he'd leave them to it.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Raventhorpe
Óskírdr
129 Posts
Ooc — bee
Zulema's ears pressed the sound of the Redhawks call. She had known what it meant, excitement bubbling within her stomach. The vale would be filled with children at this rate she thought. Her new siblings would follow soon after she assumed.

Zulema decided she would check in on her mother, see how she was fairing after she stopped by Towhee's den. She paced outside for a moment watching others make their exit, before peeking her head in.

❝They're so small.❞ It was almost a whisper.
-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
wanted to see if more would pop in, sorry for the wait :)

visitors would be given half a mind. if only because he found it incredibly hard to look away from the growing redhawk clan. two children nestled comfortably by his wife's sound. him there with them, too. phox belonging as well.

everything felt right.

voices beyond the den did not draw most of his attention away. only a soft and knowing look given to those who showed their faces.

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,964 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee didn’t notice Reyson’s drive-by, though when Zulema’s familiar face peeked into the den, the Eidos saw the gift left just outside the door. She motioned for the lanky redhead to come inside and take a look at the newbies, then gestured for one of her men (Jack, Maxim or Phox) to fetch the goatskin and bring it inside.

The next few moments were spent gently rolling up the old, stained one and pushing it toward the back of the roost, then placing the fresh skin on the stone floor. Towhee then carefully sprawled on it, gathering the newborns from her mate’s arms and tucking them close again as she settled with a sigh.

Thanks, Sunshine, she mumbled under her breath, kneading her toes into the impossibly soft blanket.

Anyone’s welcome to take a closer look or even hold them, as long as they aren’t feeding, she said more loudly to those gathered around her. I’m going to close my eyes for a few.

To Maxim alone she said, Wake me if they need anything, snuffling a kiss against his cheek before letting her head drift down to rest on the soft goatskin.

Since it’s been a couple weeks, I thought I’d post again to move this toward a wrap! Feel free to get some final posts in before it’s archived.