Sun Mote Copse cold as you
Sun Mote Copse
Bairn
who’s afraid of little old me?
39 Posts
Ooc — Chan
All Welcome 
The first few hours of her life had been pleasantly unremarkable. She'd eaten and napped, but now, something disturbed her sleep. Otter had managed to roll away from @Meerkat and @Skipjack's warmth and lay on her back only a few inches away.

Disturbed and quite unhappy with this development, the wee barin let out a pathetic whimper, unsure what else to do to get herself back on her belly and in the warmth again.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She would always savor these precious moments with her grandchildren, though knowing she would be leaving in a day or two made Towhee even more eager to squeeze in as much bonding time as possible. She didn’t stray from The Taigh except to answer the occasional call from nature.

While Meerkat dozed and others bustled in the background, Towhee stared at little Otter and Skipjack. The instant the little girl rolled away from her mother and brother, Towhee scooped her close. She knew she should tuck Otter back beside a teat, though she would only steal a few moments with the baby.

She snuggled little Otter close to her chest and bent to place soothing licks between her soft, floppy ears—ears that were as useless as her grandmother’s at the moment.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sun Mote Copse
Bairn
39 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Towhee quickly came to Otter's rescue and pulled her close. While cradled and warmed, her tiny nose went to work, and she realized this was a smell she hadn't smelled before; something new to explore! Already showing her adventurous spirit, she burrowed her head and gummed the fur on her grandmother's chest as she investigated.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It didn’t matter one whit that Otter couldn’t hear her. Towhee imagined she could feel the rumble of her voice through her chest, along with her heartbeat. Hopefully both were a comfort to the newborn.

So? What do you think so far? she asked, trying to keep her voice down but uncertain if she succeeded. How’s that taste? Towhee teased when Otter gummed at her chest hair.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sun Mote Copse
Bairn
39 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Both the heartbeat and the rumble of Towhee's voice comforted Otter. Although she couldn't decipher what was being said, she happily continued investigating. When the patch of fur was sufficiently drenched, she wiggled to the next patch, grabbed a mouthful of fur, and tugged, wondering what'd happen; touch, scent, taste, and feeling were all part of her learning process.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Like chicken? she joked, voice trailing off into a happy hum as Otter continued gumming at her fur.

Once she’d soaked one patch, she moved over and began drooling all over another. Towhee wondered what compelled the wee one. Was it just instincts? Was she simply rooting? Didn’t the texture of her fur bother the pup? Otter didn’t seem deterred.

If you’re hungry, I can put you back beside the milk bar, Towhee offered.

Suddenly worried that some of that fur might come loose and choke the infant, Towhee plucked her up by the midriff, settling her on the far side of the foreleg she now curled against her chest. The other came in to brace the newborn’s pudgy body.

Suddenly she bent down, helpless to resist the urge to smother that squashed face with kisses.

Sun Mote Copse
Bairn
39 Posts
Ooc — Chan
"Hey! I was having fun! Otter squealed in protest as she was removed from where she'd been chewing. "Put me down!" Towhee obliged; the positioning wasn't as comfortable as she'd been before.

Before she could protest anymore, Grandma Towhee began to cover her in kisses. She wriggled against the tickling sensation, slowly pulling her lips into a full-fledged gummy smile as she enjoyed it; her fits about the fur were long forgotten.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee pulled back just in time to catch Otter’s big grin. It looked kind of goofy, what with her eyes sealed closed, her ears little flaps and, of course, no teeth in her mouth. But she imagined perhaps the tyke was making a happy noise.

Okay, let’s get you back with mama, she reluctantly decided after giving herself a solid fifteen seconds to marvel in that babyish smile.

Gingerly, she closed her jaws around Otter’s midriff again, lifting her for a single heartbeat before tucking her in beside Skipjack at Meerkat’s breast. Her daughter’s eyes opened halfway. Meerkat smiled sleepily and closed her eyes again.

Towhee smiled too, scooting a little closer to keep an eye on Otter in the hopes she would quickly latch on and settle.

Sun Mote Copse
Bairn
39 Posts
Ooc — Chan
The smile vanished as she was carefully picked up and transferred. Once she realized where she was, she was content once more. After wriggling to the nearest teat and starting to eat, she soon fell asleep mid-meal with her mouth still latched. Milk dribbled down the corners of her mouth, and she began to snore as she drifted deeper into sleep.