Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
All Welcome 
antigone. zosime. zulema.

all departed.

all gone.

tamar felt herself empty by turns, frustrated by others.

no one lived now in the canyon.

maxim had not come back.

she was restless, and ran through the glade; she rushed to and fro in the expulsion of some frenetic energy.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Tamar raced and the heaviness of her heart did not seem to weigh her down. For as Arsenio stepped into the glade where she was, he thought that she might take flight. The sleekness of her sun-splashed figure held his tongue. Only the glacial blue of his eyes followed her. Fearful that he might spoil something that she needed, the Arche lowered himself to his belly so that he might not draw her attention.

A song filled his head. It was one from childhood. He could remember his mother's voice on the evening air. He could recall the chirping of crickets, like music.

And after a time, the song found his throat. Soft, Arsenio's voice played into the air.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
when arsenio found her, tamar turned.

"our children, the oldest ones, have gone."

a breath; held, released.

"i do not feel home in the vale any more, husband."

her pale eyes, shining. "i want the deserts again."
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The song died in his throat.

The vale was no longer a home to his wife. She said that she longed for the desert. She wanted the deserts again. Arsenio was in no mind to argue with her. He thought of the canyon and of Akashingo with a sour taste on his tongue.

What was there in the desert but bad memories?

Then you will have it, he spoke. Glacial blue eyes watched her, reading her, trying to understand when the vale had stopped feeling like a home to her. Were they still Epoch or would they become something new?

The canyon is free, now. Or were you hoping for something further south?
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
arsenio spoke.

but tamar did not sense this same want in him.

on stiff legs she came to her husband, pressed the rigidity of her form against him.

"nowhere here," she told him. "south, south into the lands that are not touched."

but how could they hope to be there? her eyes brimmed. "tell me your mind, arsenio."
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
South, into untouched territory.

Tamar had grown into something splendid, Arsenio thought. The woman who pressed herself to him was not the same one who had tended to the Pharaoh's queen. This woman was stronger. This woman had made difficult decisions to better her family and the lives of those she cared for. The redstone man was spellbound by her, as he had been from the moment he had seen her.

A kiss was placed on his wife's chest. Another on the bridge of her nose.

My mind? Hm. It does not speak as loudly as my heart, Arsenio rumbled near her ear. And my heart would wage countless wars for you to have what you want.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar treasured him!

for his devotion; his romance; his loyalty. she sighed against him, her tension ebbing.

"arsenio, this is my home. i do not want to leave. but i feel —" oh! 

she did not have words to speak it!
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Tell me, he urged. 

Blue eyes fixed to her face. His features were creased with concern. Whatever it was that she was feeling, he wished to hear it. Arsenio would not have her feeling unhappy, feeling out of place. 

What do you feel? What would you like our home to be like? 

Whatever she wished, the man would fulfill it.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
"i long for the desert."

"arsenio — to be taken from my home, i — i do not think i have ever healed." 

he had left the sea and eventually come to akashingo. she had been dragged from her natal sands.

her head was pillowed against his chest.

"now our first children have gone their own way, and the vale is quiet. empty. and all i can think of is the desert."
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Then we will go to the desert.

It did not matter to him where they made their home. He only wished for Tamar to know peace. And still, Arsenio thought of Akashingo with a burning hatred in his belly. If they were closer to the desert sands, they would be closer to the Pharaoh's land.

I will want Meadow and Reyson to join us. She is due to have their children, hm? Should we wait for them to be old enough to travel?

The redstone man peppered her snout with kisses.

It will give us time to find the perfect place, no?
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
a plan, taking form.

tamar exhaled and thanked all the gods she knew for arsenio. she kissed his cheek and leant against him once more.

"another year, perhaps." with a thought in mind, she could abide. 

another year might bring more children for she and he as well, but in the moment all she could consider was her own lost eldests.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Another year, he agreed quietly. 

Their family had changed in a short time. Arsenio wondered if this feeling was part of her desire to leave. It was difficult to walk the paths their children had walked and know that they were gone. 

Saleem and Sylianos might leave one day. The redstone man felt his chest tighten at the thought. 

You will have to teach me, you know. How to live in the desert lands. 

Arsenio smiled sweetly to her.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
fade? <3

his smile was given back!

"i will teach you all that i know. how to find water from stones. how the plants hold the rain." she brushed her lips to his face.

"i will teach you everything and we will learn more together, arsenio."
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Then I need nothing else. 

Epoch, the Vale… they were nothing compared to his love for Tamar. If she asked him to cross the sea, he would. If she asked him to climb to the peak of the coldest mountain, he would. She deserved every desire in her heart. Arsenio would see it done. 

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to him, kissing on her nose and her cheek, down her throat. 

Tamar would have the world. He would see to it.