Swiftcurrent Creek Shine on top
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic

Arlette was looking for Eshe. It was unknown to her of the recent name change she went through. Arlette was glad to see the alpha pair at the hunt, actually that felt like a good sign that they were present. Arlette shot a friendly howl to Eshe to see if she was near. She kind of had a few things to talk about with her. It seemed like she had hardly seen her between becoming alpha and the hunt. She was probably busy with the new leadership role.
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Quill was quick to heed Arlette's call. Although she was still in heat and kept from the pack, she always answered her friend's call. She walked briskly, hoping to make good time and not make her wait longer than she had to.

Hey, she greeted once the medic was in view. What's up?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette hadn't expected Quill to come to her, but soon she saw the female. Arlette smiled. Then she caught her scent. "Oh apologies. I wouldn't want to pull you away from Akavir," she spoke, feeling a little guilty for calling.

Arlette greeted her though. "It's nice to see you," she admitted. Arlette glanced over her. "I... uhh. Maybe it isn't a good time." She spoke. She really didn't want to be a bother.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
It was an awkward situation, but Quill recognized that Arlette had only wanted to check-in. No, she assured her friend, shaking her head, It's fine—really. It'd be a pleasant break.

It's nice to see you, too. How are you?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was a little relieved that Eshe didn't seem to be mad or annoyed with her. She shook out her coat, just to get that tension out of her body. She felt a little better, a soft tail wag confirming that. "Ehm. Fine, I guess. Well, I have been feeling a little lonely," she admitted. "I'm doing better. Arric helped. But it seems that him and Cygnet are the only ones I really see or speak with," she admitted to her. It hadn't helped that Sovereign and Ensio had also been out for awhile. It had just felt a little empty.

"I kinda missed you for company, and I am also a little worried for the pack," she admitted to her. They didn't have a lot of members and the hunt the alpha pair showed up late. "Since I've been here Akavir seems to be distant and not really... part of the pack. I don't know what to do about it or if it is me. You've seemed to gotten through with him though, which I am so glad for but then you also kind of faded a bit from pack life. I know Akavir getting sick also didn't help. I don't blame you two of anything. I guess, I just struggled if it was appropriate for me to reach out. You seem to be in your own little bubble," she admitted to her. She hoped it wouldn't be taken the wrong way. She was a little worried. "Sorry for this," she muttered.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
While Quill had been doing fine, it appeared that Arlette hadn't. She frowned as she listened, nodding occasionally to assure her friend she was listening. While Quill didn't like what she'd heard, she couldn't blame her for how she felt—she and @Akavir had been in their own world. It was difficult to think that her friend felt this way, and she couldn't help but wonder if the rest of the pack had similar views.

I'm very sorry we've made you feel that way, she replied earnestly, her eyes soft and her frown lingering. I could see how we've done that ... and that's not fair. They weren't stepping up and being the leaders they should. It's always appropriate for you to reach out about this kind of stuff—especially regarding the pack's wellbeing. I'll talk to Akavir about this when I get home. And that was that.

I'm also sorry I've been distant—between Akavir and looking for herbs, I've really kept to myself. She'd always been like this when she lived with her parents; the thought of home caused unexpected tears. And ... I learned that my Dad died a while back, so ... yeah. She was sure her friend could pick up what she was putting down.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette appreciated the apology and dipped her head. "Thank you, Eshe," she returned genuinely. Her red eyes had a little guilty look about them. She wasn't really that good at this. She didn't like how it make it feel. She didn't want to come across as mean or terrible to Eshe. She was still her friend. "I could have reached out earlier. I am not so good at that either," she admitted. Arlette's eyes widened a little. "I hope he won't think bad of me," she spoke. Her ears flopped back submissively. She really disliked that thought.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences for your father's passing," she spoke. It seemed that now more than ever they needed each other. "Perhaps we should both start to reach out to each other sooner so we can help each other," Arlette offered. She would like that at least. Arlette stepped forward and gently nudged her friends muzzle with her own. A soft smile appeared at her lips. "Do you want to tell me about your father? Good memories? Or would you rather not want to talk about it?," she asked.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
She shook her head, hoping to soothe her friend's concerns. Not at all, she said. These are the sorts of things that we should know—it's important that this kind of stuff is communicated to us.

Quill was comforted by Arlette's gesture, and she smiled softly before speaking. I'd like that a lot, she said regarding them keeping in touch more often; she hoped to keep her as a close friend.

As for Rannoch: He was a kind man with a big heart and who'd do anything for his family. He loved my mother more than anything, but he loved us kids just the same. She inhaled a shaky breath and lowered her gaze. I think something was going on with his head before he died. Apparently, he was referring to me as "Quill," a name my great-grandmother Eshe took on while she mourned the loss of her family. So that's why I temporarily changed mine. This won't be my name forever.

It's just so weird ... changing names isn't something we usually do—I think she did it to start over when she entered the wilds.

She paused. I’ll probably change my name back to Eshe before the children are born. This was something she’d shared with @Akavir, too; the history and her intentions of being called Eshe again.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette dipped her head politely and nodded. She would remind herself to be a little more forthcoming then. She was worried and she didn't want this pack to dwindle any further. She didn't need an immense pack but some more members would and might be nice. Especially if all the females had pups this year. Perhaps another point for later. Arlette dipped her head in agreement with her. "Same," she admitted.

Arlette listened compassionately about her father. She wasn't aware that Quill was so attached to her father. Arlette didn't really have a father, save from her stepdad Greyback, but that was still a little different perhaps. "Then I will make sure to reference you as Quill," Arlette spoke. "Perhaps we can do something for him, plant something to honor him. A tree seed perhaps?," Arlette suggested. Then she might have a tree that was planted at a time of loss, but could become something to cherish the good memories.

"I'm looking forward to the pups," Arlette admitted. Perhaps some of her own too? But she really didn't want to step on Eshe's toes on that topic. She didn't think when joining Swiftcurrent that she would be in a position again. And perhaps she was a little proactive on the matter, but... She might as well ask. She gathered her courage. "Do you wish for only your pups to be born? Or would you be open for... others?," she asked.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Quill teared up at Arlette's idea of planting a tree in Rannoch's honor. She nodded slowly, wiping her eyes as she wondered what type of tree her father would be. I think he'd be an oak tree, she decided after a beat. I can start looking for something to get the tree started—but I think that's a great idea, she pulled her friend into a hug. Thanks, Arlette.

Like Arlette, Quill was also excited for the children born this season. Although she hadn't anticipated the question that followed outright, she had had a feeling that it was something that would eventually come up. I don't think that'd be an issue at all, she said with a knowing smile. Do you plan on having children?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette leaned into hug. She was so glad that her idea was liked. Arlette instantly agreed. "If you want my help then let me know," she spoke happily. It makes sense for a wise old man to be an oak tree. She would love to see it grow, though it probably won't turn as big as she wouldn't live as long as a tree. "You are welcome,' she smiled softly.

Arlette let out a soft sigh of relief. She didn't know that it was holding. "Uh... yes. Well I hope to," she admitted. "Arric and I... we've grown pretty close. And if I go into heat this year I wouldn't mind having children," she admitted. "Not sure if I will though, since I last year I didn't, but that was probably because I was on my own."
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Please, Eshe said in reply to Arlette's offer for help. I'd really, really appreciate it.

With the topic of children on both of their minds, the other woman divulged the information that she'd grown closer to Arric; Eshe knew it! That's wonderful, she said, trying her best to contain her excitement; she would've fist-pumped if it were appropriate.

I don't see why you wouldn't go into heat—you're still young, she offered. I think you'll be just fine, she assured her friend.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette dipped her head. "We shall look for it together then," she spoke, glad that she was able to help Quill with the loss of her father by suggesting this option.

The topic had shifted, and it didn't seem that Quill seemed reluctant about her having pups too. That calmed her a little because she really didn't need a repeat of last time when her mother had not tolerated it. She shuddered mentally at the thought of what had happened then.

"I don't think so either. Let's hope it comes in," she admitted with a quirk of her lips. "I assume you are Akavir have some plans as well?," she offered. It seemed logical after all.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Eshe agreed with a nod. And when it does come in, everything will go as planned, she added, not wanting to discredit the aftermath. I will be here to help you however you need. She gently bumped her muzzle against Arlette's in a show of affection.

Any happiness that'd been on her face vanished at the mention of her and Akavir, and she forced a smile. We'll see, she said with obvious tension in her voice; she wasn't good at forcing feelings that weren't feeling. We still have a lot to talk about.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette felt her confidence rise a little when Quill supported her. She smiled and nodded. "Yes, I would like that," she smiled. Actually quite happy at the idea that she wouldn't be alone for raising pups again. She gave a bump back.

Quill's mood shifted and Arlette realized she made a mistake. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have assumed," she spoke right away. She felt a little stupid for assuming but then again she did knew Quill loved pups. "I understand. Tough conversations," she admitted quietly. "I'm here for you if you need a friend."
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
You don't have to apologize. I understand why you'd assume that, Eshe said, her fake smile dropping as she looked at her paws. We're the Alpha pair and all ... it only makes sense that we do. But Akavir's fear was hindering the logical part of his brain.

Speaking of—she might as well go to him and start the conversation again; the clock was ticking, and her heat would only last so long.

I think I'm going to talk to him—thanks, Arlette. I appreciate you. she stood and bumped her head against her cheek. Wish me luck, and with that, she turned on her heel and began her search for her husband.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette had to get better at that and stop apologizing for everything. She offered a friendly smile and then nodded at Eshe that she wouldn't do that anymore. She knew the conversation had taken a turn. Arlette didn't blame Eshe. She dipped her head again. It had been something that was just so obvious, but perhaps it wasn't for them.

"Ofcourse. Goodluck. I hope it goes well," she wished. Arlette bumped her back in goodbye and watched her go. Hopefully they had a good talk and then the pack could really grow this spring.