Swiftcurrent Creek time marches on [pack meeting · r2]
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Pack Activity 
Pack meeting, everyone! @Eshe to post first, please, since I put in some mild PP (hope that was okay!) Hoping one week rounds will be sufficient enough for everyone to participate.  So next round begins on the 17th. <3 @Arric @Eshe @Arlette @ Viinturuth @Ensio @Sovereign @Cygnet @Bellatrix

A certain silence had blanketed over the creek in the days after he had cemented his relationship with Eshe.

But silence did not mean peace—if anything, the creek felt more in disarray than it had before, in so many ways. Mae and Wren had both abandoned the creek—lost in their grief that it was hard to find fault in it. Silvertongue—was she alive, or dead? He did not know—he could not think of it.

Kvarsheim and Gunnar’s quiet demand had gone unanswered thus far—and while he had hoped time between would temper his anger on the matter… it had only served to bring it to a low simmer. Maintaining—still burning.

He strolled quietly, for now—the silver of Eshe catching his eye every so often, her lofty smile drawing him in closer to steal a kiss every so often. They rounded the swatch of trees in their home—and after they had passed the tall dead tree, thicker into their home—he settled down down to a sit.

With a quirked brow to his mate, he lifted his muzzle then—summoning those that remained to them. A pack meeting—Swiftcurrent’s very first.

They had much to discuss.
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
There was much to discuss because so much had happened in a short period. Their standing with Kvarsheim was questionable at best, Mae and Wren had gone missing, and ... the pack had a new leader. Eshe couldn't help her excitement at that last bit of news. Swiftcurrent Creek was having their first pack meeting today, and she was co-leading it as Alpha.

She followed Akavir through the territory and towards the meeting place, stealing kisses and rubbing against him when she had the chance; she needed to get it all out of her system before it began. When they sat, she briefly placed her paw on his and encouragingly squeezed it before tipping her head back and summoning the others; they had this. Then, falling silent, she waited with bated breath.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
To say he was irritated was an understatement. And though he liked Eshe. He was not sure if she had the confidence to colead. But it was not his place to comment on that. 

There was an unsettled feeling deep beneath hia hide and it itched there. But he was unsure what to do with it. They had never had meetings before? 

Moments he could think of when they should have, but now they would have one at the elevation of a new queen of the creek. He wasn't sure how he felt about it and didn't have time to think about it and decide.

He had nicknamed her princess for a reason. He had no doubt her elevation would go to her head and he could only hope it didn't cause her to become haughty and proud. Hopefully, she would keep her baser personality and kindness.

A soft dip to both of them. Muzzle down averted gaze and he turned to find a place to sit.

He found a spot to settle and he sat. Large shoulders tight. Blue eyed gaze on them and then moving around elsewhere watching who would arrive.

He mentally ticked off the things he needed to do. He hadn't hunted yet today. The borders were unguarded.
206 Posts
Ooc — Mai
A duet broke the silent air of the Creek territory, pulling Ensio out and away from his business. He listened with interest. He had never heard any wolves call out in such a summoning tone like this before. And certainly not together. Something was up.

He had not exactly been as social as he hoped to have been, but he had made progress. He kept busy. He had bonded over a hunt shared between him, Eshe and Sovereign. Had grown closer, sharing personal details with Arlette. Pack living never came so easily to the young man. You had to give him credit for giving the Creek an honest shot.

Heeding the call, he came from his station by the river, where he had been working that day. Scooped up between his teeth were the fruits of his labor - three chunky silver scaled fish. After the initial catch, he had left them out to dry in the autumn sun, for their skin to harden and flake. It was his latest attempt at a new experiment. A twist on a classic snack. If all went well, the fishy flavor would be drawn out nicely, for those who could appreciate it. He thought his lady friends, Sovereign and Arlette, may appreciate the gesture.

Much to his surprise, he was the second to pop onto the scene, where Akavir and Eshe sat together, curiously. Arric, the Beta he had met before was already there. The Duskfire felt that pang of awkwardness shoot through him again. Glacial eyes landed warmly on the pair, with the most subtle dip of his chin. Passing by Arric, he chuffed to him in a soft greeting. Then he picked himself out a spot, with room to spare, prizes at his feet, and waited.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Potentially Sovereign's only post, will add another if desired once new round/s start <333

The princess had been patrolling when the paired summons came.
Swiftly, Sovereign answered, finding already that Arric and Ensio were there, and Akavir, with Eshe by his side...
She hadn't heard anything about their pairing as of yet, but it wasn't hard to guess what was going on between Akavir and the femme at his side. 

Regardless, the young behemoth went to ease herself down at Ensio's side, bidding her gray companion a brief hello beforehand with a gentle clip of her teeth aimed for his cheek furs.
Her gaze was otherwise upon Akavir and Eshe with a youth's natural curiosity - what was up? Why were they called?
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
@Cygnet, once again let me know the implied presence is okay! :)

Arlette came onto the scene, perhaps a little later than she would have liked but having someone in tow with her that was much slower made her a little late. Since Cygnet had been in her case the woman made sure that she was keeping an eye on her and making sure she was in the places she should be. Since she had the pup with her she didn't move towards Arric. She noticed him though, and tried to see what his mood was.

Her gaze also flickered to the alpha pair. She wondered when that happened. How had she missed that? Perhaps she had been just too busy. She hadn't really spoken with Eshe in awhile, perhaps she should have put more effort. Though most of her time was spend with Cygnet or Solaria, or both. Bellatrix too. She couldn't be everywhere.

Her red eyes took in Sovereign and Ensio, she was glad he was back and that they seemed to have resumed their friendship. Arlette sat down, looking at what the alpha pair had to say.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Adolescent
95 Posts
Ooc — Jess
100%!

Cygnet certainly could move faster, but she didn't want to. She lagged behind Arlette, stopping every now and again when an itch she absolutely had to scratch stopped her in her tracks. She stopped to pee several times, even when there was nothing to squeeze out. She sniffed at scents, and had to be beckoned to move again toward the call. 

A pack meeting would mean that there would be numerous wolves, and some of them she had no interest in seeing. She didn't understand why she had to be involved at all- it wasn't as though she was expected to have any input, right? With no other kids to play with, her desire to be social at all had more or less disappeared. 

Still, she obeyed Arlette and tagged along, though her expression turned sour when they reached the group. She turned her ears back and moved to Arlette's side, hoping she might be shielded from view by the beta wolf. She did look up to see Eshe, seated in a place of what she assumed was importance. Her ears flicked forward for a moment as she considered the woman, who had entertained her about as much as was ever possible. 

Then, a scent caught her attention. She sniffed and snuffled, until she caught sight of the dried fish at the feet of another packmate. She stared at the fish almost accusingly, and then lifted her glare to the man. That was for her, right? It had to be for her. She was the youngest, and should be fed. She chuffed at him and licked her lips; a silent demand that he bring at least one of the fish over and share it with her.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Gamma
159 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
He'd contemplated Akavir's request over several days, torn. While Viinturuth's paws yearned to roam once more, there was something uncertain that did not sit right with him. He didn't understand it, this feeling in his gut, yet it told him to stay. As the white ranger strode smoothly into the meeting place, as he rose his dark eyes to take in the sight of his brother and new sister by law, a muscle tightened in his jaw.

What if he kept going? What if he chose to vanish, as he oft did?

Life would be simpler that way, off on his own and with no care or responsibility to anything or anyone.

Arric was already there, as well as a pair of pallid she-wolves and a broad-shouldered silver brute. A cub lurked among them, visibly hungry. So few, he noted, which concerned him greatly. Viinturuth joined them and settled to listen.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Y'all are awesome, getting replies in so fast. This is more of an info dump post. Next round ends the 21st, unless everyone posts earlier again. <3

The subtle gesture of reassurance from the newly appointed Alpha female stirred a wane grin to the man—his gaze briefly flickering her way before outward once more, drawn to the commotion of gathering wolves.

Arric was first—no surprise, until the larger man dipped his muzzle down in a far more muted greeting than the Mayfair was used to by the Beta. In turn, he gave his own small nod—apparently, the silence would remain, at least until their group was settled.

Ensio—with an interesting looking fish in his mouth—and Sovereign, next. Both were also offered a quiet greeting. Arlette came with Cygnet—who stared with significant interest at Ensio’s snack—though Akavir kept his amusement withdrawn from his features.

Finally—his brother. Pale champagne eyes met burgundy—noting the gruff quiet of the Mayfair. Then, off to the side, @Bellatrix and Solaria—and the pack remained still—almost as quiet as the gliding clouds above them.

His mouth ticked in amusement as his pack mates waited—confused at the gathering—waiting as if he were about to drop a bomb on them.

“Thanks for coming so quickly,” he offered, clearing his throat and lifting his voice so hopefully all could hear him. “I think I see some apprehension… it’s not all bad news, I promise,” he offered, a rueful twist of his lips.

“I’ll start with the biggest news… At our creation, we strived to maintain peace in this valley, and worked in a steady, almost open-border policy with both Kvarsheim and Riverclan. As of now… this is no longer the case. Until discussions are had due to recent events… you can maintain an amicable relationship with these wolves outside of our borders, not within. If you wish to know more details on the logistics of it—ask me. I won’t keep information from you. But for now, we will be keeping a cordial distance.”

A side eye given to Arric—wondering how he felt on the matter at all. Meetings would likely be wise to have with the leaders of the other packs, surely—but for now… the creek would keep to themselves.

“You’ll also notice our numbers are much smaller than what they were… We had a few departures.” He paused, considering—Nicodem, Jakub, Mae… Wren. “Last winter we had first established ourselves… I’m sure Arric would agree with me, that this winter, it would be nice if wolves or couples who are interested in having little ones of your own… It would be nice if we were kept in the loop, this year, so to speak, if you can do so."

And then, a glance to Ensio and Sovereign. “I was also wondering if you two would be interested in leading a pack hunt?”

He shifted his weight then, thrumming a claw on the frosted ground momentarily. “And finally, I’d also like to announce that Eshe and I are officially a mated couple. As such, she’ll be taking a role as Alpha female.” He paused, allowing her time to speak, if she so wished—then, after, if Arric wished, he could also add his two cents.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
The pack assembled swiftly, and Eshe watched as they filed in. She nodded in greeting to those she caught the eyes. Eventually, she noticed Cygnet's antics and watched fondly; it was cute as long as her herbs were safe.

Akavir cleared his throat and began the meeting, and Eshe turned her attention to him, smiling knowingly as he remarked that all the news wasn't bad. He went through the agenda, speaking on their closed doors, keeping leadership in the loop regarding family planning, a pack hunt, and finally ... them. She felt the gazes of her packmates, and she blushed. This was a crucial moment for her, and although she felt suddenly bashful, she knew she needed to say something.

She cleared her throat.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything at all—I'm here to help the pack as I always have, she said, attempting to make eye contact with each packmate until she landed on Arric and wondered if he had anything to say.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
What could be said, the brute of a man didn't know all that had happened. Akavir didn't share these things with him as often as he had and thus he had no opinion. 

He heard the side of Akavir and Wren and it seems that Gunnar had tried to share a side though he had done it wrong and this could happen to anyone. No one had truly been there and thus in the chaos disaster had spread and now everyone was fighting mad over half a story. Arric chose not to comment on that shit show.

As for the comment of children. He also had no words to share. It was easier if they were told. And he hoped they'd be taken care of. He gave a nod in affirmation, but no words.

Then Eshe spoke and he also had nothing to add there. Good for her. She got what she wanted. The main man the one so many women were vying for. She found herself a man. He hoped above all else that it helped heal her a little. That she grew in confidence and no longer put herself down. And again with guilt he wondered if she could handle leadership. Of if her own needs and wants would come first.

Arric shifted. Obsidian fur with red highlights as he shook a shoulder.

He wasn't sure what to say. He could ask that no one leave without telling them but that felt tyrannical. 

He took a breath and spoke. First sounds as if congratulations are in order.  So congtatulations to both Akavir and Eshe. I wish you much happiness. A small smile to them both.

Second a group hunt will be most welcome.

A shrug. I've not much more to add, but I'm always available if you should need me and i often hunt in the midafternoon or fish if anyone wants to join me.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Akavir started with his talk and Arlette listened quietly. She was however a little distracted by Cygnet who seemed to beg for Ensio's fish. The girl really seemed to like her fish. "I promise I fed her," she whispered to Ensio. She nudged Cygnet gently. "That's Ensio's fish," she spoke and gave the girl another nudge. Though she knew that she was rather stubborn. Arlette also wanted to listen to what Akavir had to say. They had some changes in how they would handle their allies. She thought of Turmeric who was in Kvarsheim. She wouldn't be able to visit them anymore? Not in the territory at least. She was not sure what to think, perhaps she would ask Akavir what happened.

Akavir continued, a new topic, pups. Arlette knew the alpha pair was going to have children. She hoped they would end up better than the last litter. She couldn't help but think it, instantly feeling awful for doing so. She also couldn't help but think of her own pups. She had loved looking after Solaria. She wouldn't mind her own, but --- She didn't have a mate. Her mind drifted to Derg, and to Kaito. Each of her mates had passed. She survived, she had the scars to prove it. Derg's scars might be less visible but it still hurt to think she never got to say goodbye. These thoughts all went by in milliseconds. It didn't feel that love was on the table for her.

Akavir had mentioned Arric, and Arlette's gaze couldn't help but glance at him briefly. He agreed to pups too. She averted her eyes. She wouldn't mind being pregnant again, carrying a litter for the pack if they wished that of her to boost their numbers. Perhaps it was more of a selfish decision, and having a litter without a mate was tough. She shoved the thoughts about pups away, seeing that one pup had her working in overdrive. She hadn't even been her own. Arlette didn't realize she took Akavir's words differently. They just wanted to know who was going to have a litter up front instead of all the pregnancies after.

Her focus was shifted to Ensio and Sovereign. A group hunt, led by them? She loved that idea. She was glad they were becoming part of the pack. And then, there it was, the official announcement. Eshe was now one of her superiors. Arlette looked at the two of them, she hadn't been aware they were so close, but then again she had been working a lot and being in her own bubble. When Eshe looked at her, Arlette dipped her head. She was not sure what to think, but it wasn't anything negative. Perhaps even slightly positive, maybe female leadership would help settle things down, less drama, also putting some less pressure on Arric. He had not been too happy lately. Arlette stayed quiet about that though. "Congratulations," she spoke.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Gamma
159 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Akavir lifted his muzzle to speak, and Viinturuth's dark gaze flitted quietly among the group to gauge their reactions to what was to be said. He, personally, was glad that his brother had made the decision to shut down camaraderie between their pack and those who neighboured them. Swiftcurrent was right to prioritise their own, to shield their land and their kin with ferocity if need be - especially after what'd happened in the swamp.

He maintained his silence, even when his littermate spoke of planning and preparation when it came to the next generation. Viinturuth swallowed; the season woukd be upon them far sooner than he realised. While his days of fleeting romances and seasonal flings were behind him, the pale ranger worried that something more permanent might tie him down in ways he wasn't ready for.

His gut churned, and he felt nausea tug suddenly at his belly.
206 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Just before the meeting officially started, a chuff from someone got his attention. His notched right ear turned, followed by a darting glance of his eyes. A pale youngster, seated with Arlette. She wanted the fish, staring at them intently at his paws. To them both, he simply grinned slightly. Quickly, he met Cygnet's eye with a wink. He'd save her a piece, after the meeting of course.

When Akavir began to speak, Ensio turned to listen with his full attention. A series of events he had known nothing about nor had been involved in, halted an open border policy with wolves from two packs; Riverclan and Kvarsheim. But they were encouraged to still uphold friendly relations, just without entry. He grunted softly to affirm his understanding.

He had noticed the small congregation here today. Which Akavir explained in that a few former Creek wolves had departed. Ensio hadn't known them, so their loss to the pack had no impact on him. Then a more interesting subject. Breeding season and couples interested in siring pups. While he was old enough for kids of his own, as a grown man, he did not yet feel the pull. Besides, he had no experience with kids. He would rather focus on building his relationship with Sovereign and their personal growth. 

He and Sovereign were not looked over. His cheeks warmed, ears tilting back sheepishly. A pack hunt? Perhaps Akavir had caught word of their prior success with the old deer some time ago. "Of course, I would be happy to arrange a feast for us all." He declared.

Finally, the big announcement. Akavir had taken Eshe as a mate, who would stand as Alpha Female by his side. As the woman stepped up to speak, he smiled fondly. Even allowed his tail to swish a little. He was happy for them. Eshe seemed a good woman, from what he had seen. He dipped his head. "Congratulations to the both of you."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Last round/dismissal! If anyone wants a thread or needs anything you're always welcome to tag me!

Congratulations were forthcoming—something that Eshe perhaps basked in more than him, given the privacy he guarded his own thoughts and life with. Still, a ghost of a smile pulled at his lips, his gratitude for their support silent, but there.

Eshe held the floor—and then Arric.

Ensio agreed to lead a pack feast.

He nodded to the young male, pleased—it would give them the potential to feel more included within their pack.

Standing, he gave his pelt a brisk shake—having run through everything as swiftly as he felt he could have. “That’s all I have—thanks for coming so quickly on such short notice.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Gamma
159 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Well wishes came from all around him for the new couple, yet no words came from the pallid brute's maw. He regarded his brother quietly in those moments, a hollowness in him that he would not even try to explain. His fondness and appreciation for Eshe was no secret and he was truly content to look upon her now as sister, yet there was something aching at the heart of him to hear Akavir give voice in confirmation of their union.

Was this what he was missing? Viinturuth felt himself unfit to be mated, yet the idea of it sparked a feeling in him that made him feel afraid.

Vulnerable.

The meeting was concluded, and the ghost was the first to gather to his feet. He swept away, regret in the way his tail hung low as he moved to vacate the area. There was a mission that'd been asked of him, and it was time to see it through.

Akavir would understand; congratulations would come later.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric was not far behind the brother of his buddy. A swing to his tail and then he was gone. He did stop to greet Arlette and Ensio so they knew he meant nothing by his swoft departure. 

He would then head to the borders.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Eshe basked in the well-wishes from her packmates; it felt good to have so many voice their congratulations. Once that was out of the way and there was no more news to discuss, Akavir dismissed the pack. She lingered, watching as the others left until it was just her and her husband. She kissed his cheek. I think that went well, she remarked. Good job.

Then, with nothing left for them in their current location, the alphas left the meeting place and sought a meal to fill their bellies.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette also felt that it was time for her to leave. She herded Cygnet away from the fish. "I will get you some," she offered to the pup to coach her along. Arlette was never the most difficult or strict parent. She wasn't even officially the girl's parent more like a guardian. She shot a soft smile at the couple and then made her leave.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Everyone departed--a kiss given on his cheek from Eshe drew a small smile to his lips, and he found his muzzle dipping down to smooth across her crown, though his eyes followed the steps of his silent brother, who had left with a swiftness in his step. 

He wondered of it--but knew Viinturuth would talk to him when the time came, and allowed himself to be lured to dinner by his loving mate, trying to press past the moments of uncertainty, and instead focus on the very promising things he had before him now.