Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Private 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Take a wild guess

I am being vague, but Akavir is telling him about silvertongue in their current thread I think.

Arric had calmed down from his visit with Wren, it had left him reeling. He'd truly lived up to the name that Akavir called him, when he had told Eshe of him. Perhaps he truly was an asshole. Maybe he didn't deserve happiness or some stupid shit like that. He laughed at himself devolving like a preteen girl with a crush. Naw he was an adult and his emotions were valid. They were. 

He was allowed to feel put out and a little resentful. He was always here while Akavir ran all over trying to find his daughter and he should try. But he also needed to remember there were others to consider and he had three little ones here. Arric sighed. He'd have to have a serious talk with his bestie and he wasn't looking forward to it.

But today he needed to make amends with @Wren. Because he'd been a dick. He doubted he'd tell her what was bothering him because that was a convo for Akavir. But he could tell her he had a lot on his mind.
Riverclan
Star*
always an angel, never a god
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
To say Wren had been a little bit of a mess would be an understatement.
Paranoid, flighty; stretched thin with a constant overhanging sense of dread. From the very moment she woke in the morning her chest fluttered, pounded, heart stammering and beating up against her ribcage. Sleep was rare; nausea, too, had become a regular occurance.
And the worst part was that she didn't even really know why.
But her misery is put on the backburner when a certain silhouette makes an approach during one of the few moments she'd been outside of her den. Sunlight and fresh air help, they say.
Snapping from her daze, she faces him with sunken eyes. Hey, her response is immediate, voice haggard. I'm sorry.
She sure has been apologizing a lot lately.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: swearing

She looked rough. As if she had been wrung out. And he felt like shit. He hoped it wasn't all him, but then he felt even worse because if it wasnt all him then he added more to her.

He blinked taken aback and blurted the first thing that came to his mind. 
What the hell are you apologizing for?
He tilted his head, ears thrust forward. I should be apologizing. You caught me on a bad day that i had a lot on my mind and i wrongly took it out on you. I'm sorry. It was unfair and unkind and you didn't deserve it.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
He apologizes, sincerely, and Wren is taken aback. Hey, man, it's okay, she brushes it off, a gentle touch of her nose to his shoulder, if he were to accept it. it's been... stressful, lately. I-I don't blame you. I'm not mad, all of this became increasingly difficult for her to sputter out. Since when was she a woman of forgiveness?
But the more she thought of it, he had done little to wrong her — this whole problem was her own creation, a fragile girl with a sunflare temper and feelings bruised by the smallest squeeze.
He asks why she apologizes. I don't want you to feel like I was intentionally tryin' to pressure you, to-- to tell me anything, her gaze is locked upon her feet, her nails that grip the soil below. I just wanted to try and be a friend. But I'm kinda shitty at that. So, um, y'know. I'm sorry.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
She blinks up at him. Surprised it seems. Gosh who had treated her so badly. It bugged him. He let her touch him, offering her a small smile.

He took a deep breath. First off you're a great friend dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

He shook out his shoulders and blinked. He wasn't certain how to word what he wanted to say without being kind of a jerk. But well perhaps it was not necessarily a bad thing.

the stuff bugging me needs brought up with Akavir. It wouldnt be fair of me to share it with anyone else.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
A great friend? She doubted that; but the thought behind it was sweet, anyway. She lightens, a teasing half-smile scrunching one side of her face. I appreciate you sayin' that, but you don't have to lie to me, pal. I'm a bitch. I wear it like a badge a' honor.
Pack of assholes, as Akavir would say.
He says his issues lie with Akavir — or at the very least, are problems only he can deal with. I get it, she shrugs. I shouldn't have tried to pry.
Admittedly, however, she wonders what could possibly be so top-secret important that only the best-bro could handle such intel. Or perhaps she was just being out of line. Maybe it really wasn't any of her goddamn business.
I think we need somethin' fun. All this drama and constant moping is making my head feel like it's gonna explode. She slouches. Akavir says he and Eshe are planning some kinda festival-thing for the valley packs, but I can't help but worry shit's gonna hit the fan, y'know? Always something.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
A soft chuckle a shake of his head. Wren was defensive and thought poorly of herself. It bled into all her interactions. He could see it, but he didn't comment.

Arric grinned. I never like. Telling the truth is too damn fun sometimes.

It had nothing to do with Wren because it was about him and Akavirs kids. And as far as Arric knew there was nothing, but friendship there. But honestly he could probably write a book with the amount of shit he no longer knew.

Arric ahook hia head. No negativity. We don't put that in the air. A teasing glint in his gaze.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
No negativity in the air, he says, but the gamma continues to do just that. Dancing in her mind is the thought of Silvertongue, of her sudden distance after such closeness had been woven between them. On one hand, Wren understood it. She, too, would do the same thing when fear began to take hold — but being on the receiving end was worse than she thought.
I'onno, man, I feel like it's reasonable, lighthearted, still, but laced with worry. Germanicus. Silvertongue. Akavir and Eshe. And with alcohol involved, all of this seemed like a shitstorm waiting to happen. like, alright, let's say, hypothetically, Wren raises a paw, waving. you got this, uh, person who you're into, but you got no idea how mutual it is. And then there's the fact that they haven't really moved on from somebody else. And also, you're-- you're terrified you're gonna ruin everything and scare 'em off 'cause you're very aware that you're a total bitch. And they'd, hypothetically, be at this party. Oh, yeah, totally discreet.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Clearly his jest wasn't working. And she was spiraling hard. He just had a feeling, but what was he supposed to do. He wasn't sure.

A chuckle left Arrics mouth only because he wasn'tsure what to say. And he assumed she was talking about Akavir.

. Um well.

He scratched his muzzle along his leg while he was thinking.

One you're overthinking. You just gotta let it be a bit and see. Now i would just outright ask. And if they can't move on that may also be a conversation you need to have. Like are you willing to share? Not share? Are they?
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
He's right. She's overthinking it, and she knows this — but was anything ever so simple with Silvertongue, anyway?
Was Silvertongue even capable of moving on from Crowfeather when he is so deeply entwined with everything she has lived for, up unto this point?
I'onno, I guess I'll have to see, her shoulders roll in a shrug. I'm terrified of upsetting her. Somehow. Because with me, it's just fuckin' inevitable.
Her.
At the mention of sharing, her head is shaken in a sharp no. I-I don't know. I don't think I want that. I think I've had enough of... of messiness for a goddamn lifetime. But what if that upsets her? Ugh, man, this is hard! two meaty paws come up to slap against her face, covering her eyes. I've never really done this before, man, I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I feel like I'm just gonna be such a disappointment.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Swearing

Arric would have agreed that it wasn't always easy with Silvertongue, but she was sweet and accepting of many. Though she could also be a bit narrowminded unfortunately. But could he blame her.

Arric held up a paw. Okay first of all. You gotta talk. Holding all this in will just make it worse. And i know it's fucking hard, but conversation is key. That way you both know where you stand. And stop thinking negatively about yourself. I know its not always easy to see your worth, but you fucking got this. And you're awesome don't sell yourself short.

Arric shook out his shoulders. start with small steps wake up in thr morning and tell yourself I'm fucking amazeballs aint no one bring me down and eventually modt of the time you'll at least be positive about yourself. And confidence is sexy as hell, Wren.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
I wish it was easier to get her to talk, she grumbles. she's one of those people who wears, like, three-hundred layers of masks. I never know how she's really feeling. For all I know, she could be lying to my face every time I talk to her.
She didn't truly think that of her; at least she'd hope that was not the case. But the thoughts grip and tug in the corner of her mind, shake her shoulders, clasp her throat — old habits die hard.
Arric goes on his little self-love tangent, and Wren can't stop herself from breaking into a smile. That's really sweet of you, dude, she averts her gaze, ears pinned. it's just... it's hard. You know how it is, right?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric sighed. Unfortunately that happens with trauma. And it takes a lot of you to trust. If she opened up at all at anytime. You just need to be patient and love her despite. It won't be easy, but nothing worth getting is every easy now is it.

He hated that quote, because it was true. It made him feel like you always had to work hard, and you didn't always, but sometimes, sometimes you did.

I'm a dick, but i'm not a total prick you know. But yea i know how it is. Trust me. 

He thought of his own self-loathing stage and it had been hell.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
gonna throw a conclusion on this! <3

At some point, though, Wren had stopped listening. A whirling static had begun to take hold and she felt her lungs strain at the thought of... this. Everything.
He was being nice. Too nice, even, and while it should have brought her comfort, what it instead gave was a lump in her throat. Why was he telling her these things? Why did everyone try so hard to convince her that she was wrong about herself when—
So she simply nods, pretending, and lets the silence hang over them for a while. She liked his company, at least, even in the blistering quiet.
She would leave when she felt it was time.