Hoshor Plains [m] when the lights go out and i'm all alone again
Riverclan
Star*
always an angel, never a god
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Private 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: heat mention, there may or may not be suggestive themes in here, you know how it goes

@Marcus i know our other thread is not yet done but i am a sucker for these two! potential consequences are acknowledged because i live for drama

Before Wren was to set off back home for Swiftcurrent, there was one last person she longed to see. And maybe it was a stupid decision to do so given her current situation, but if she could just focus... this could be a completely normal interaction, right? 
The dead of night is her sanctuary. Soft hues of dark shield her in a sheen blanket, pampas reeds brushing against a pale chin. Her anxiety worsens with every step she makes. Burning, burning, burning. A scorching heat; one that tells her how awful of a fucking idea this is. 
What if he reacts differently to her? What if she reacts differently to him? What if—
But maybe it was a chance worth taking. She wanted, no, needed to see him. She needed a friend, needed... something. 
Her head is thrown back in a howl. Some part of her almost hoped he would not show up. 
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria
just two sad cuties :D

Passing thoughts of the doe-eyed woman named Wren plagued the loner's mind often, especially during his downtime - which was sort of all the time anymore. Well, plagued wasn't quite the right word for it... no, too negative in nature. Titillated was more accurate. Marcus was a man of passion and romance after all, and as of late he had not been successful in either of those departments. His travels since their departure after the hunt had been uneventful to say the least. Ideas of returning home occupied the other half of his mind, though he knew it would be a great risk.

It was this very idea that prompted the russet male to follow the direction he remembered Wren had taken when they split. If he did decide to go back to his home, he wanted to say goodbye to her. 

Finally, he had caught faint scents of her and found himself galloping instead of walking toward it's source. But as he progressed further now bounding through tall golden grass, the stench of others had begun to mingle with her's. Cream legs paused their trek as the hairs along his shoulders rose. Had she joined a pack? It neither made him happy or sad - definitely not angry. It just was.

Immediately, Marcus checked himself and his ego. Maybe she wouldn't want to see him. The thought was enough to have him turn to leave... until he heard her. An immediate call in response as the man began to hurriedly make his way through the grass again. Nearing her and catching whiffs of her fresher scent told him an interesting piece of information: she was in a vulnerable state.

"Wren. Hey." She looked different somehow as he came upon her, slender yet looking strong.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
As soon as her eyes land upon him, she softens. Whether it was hormones or not, her lips part in a wide grin as the space between them becomes minimal. He is as beautiful as she remembered him, golden and glowing, though things felt... different
Swallowing, she tries her best to avoid acknowledging it for now. 
Hey, you, she greets, eyes wandering from the cut of his jaw to his shoulders. He seems uncertain, which is unnerving, but she calms herself with a shake of her shoulders and a clearing of her throat.  man, I didn't know if you'd show up. Would'a thought you'd have long forgotten about me.
There's a pause, and her eyes linger on him longer than she normally would have allowed for. God. Lips part as she takes a small step backward. She needed to breathe. Is it too needy of me to say I missed you? 
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria

He watched her undress him with her eyes. This was all the invitation he needed to do the same. The corner of Marcus's mouth pulled tightly upwards in a smirk as he too ran his eyes along her figure. His primal instinct screamed at him to move into her space and take her right then and there, but his respect for her dismissed the idea. "You're funny." The brute teased with an exaggerated roll of his eyes, a retort to her comment about him forgetting about her. It was comforting to have his friend back by his side. It made him reconsider going home. "You're the one with things going on. I have nothing but time to remember."

Missed him? The romantic couldn't fight it any longer. Wren's confession pulled him closer, his large paws moving at the request of that primal voice. Yellow bright gaze cradled every part of her as the two lonely souls shared a serene moment, joined as one. "I've missed you too." Slowly as to not startle her, he wrapped a forepaw around her slender leg, inviting her to fall into him. How badly he wanted to lay a gentle kiss on her forehead.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
The air had shifted between them. The gentleness of his touch nearly makes her fall to the floor right then and there, so soft and secure and safe and nothing like she'd ever felt before. He draws a shiver that runs up her arms and a new power to her heartbeat, screaming from deep inside her chest and threatening to burst. 
I joined a pack, is what comes out in a shallow breath, gaze falling to the floor only for a beat. The way he was looking at her was really testing the limit of her self-control, like a moth to a flame. s'over in the valley, on the other side of the mountains. They take good care of me. Perhaps it was an invitation of some kind, the way it falls so smoothly from her tongue. Gone were her typically jagged edges, worn down and sweet, just for him. 
He had missed her. Perhaps normally she would have teased him for saying it back; a reaction of mock-disgust with a wrinkle to her nose. But tonight, it pulls laughter from her and a proud twinkle to her eye. To think that someone could miss her was strange, but a feeling she would drink from as her heat simmers and boils. 
She's closer to him than she's ever been, now, yet she still refuses to let herself press fully against him. Instead, one paw snakes up his chest and rests on the rosy fur of his shoulder. She is trembling. 
Marcus, his name comes out in a whine, high-pitched and rife with a desperation she'd never even previously known she had in her. I think I'm in heat.
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria
He knew it already, but the confirmation of her belonging to something bigger than the both of them sent Marcus into deep thought. He noted where she directed to her new home and how they took good care of her, his sunflower irises never leaving her, even as she shied away for a moment. "I'm glad they care for you." A pang of jealously could be easily heard in his voice, but still no anger. She was not his to claim.

Her laugh, the touch of her paw against his chest, her eyes, her smell... his senses were full of her. Finally, Wren confessed to something he already knew. "You've never experienced this before, have you?" She was young and the wavering in her voice said all that Marcus needed to know. He placed a single kiss on the ashen diamond that sat atop her crown. "What do you want?" The question was asked softly and with an understanding in his tone. The vagabond knew this could be a risky situation for her. If the pack she was apart of didn't take kindly to strange men intermingling with their women, she might be reprimanded.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
daddy issues incoming
Oh, how small she felt in that moment, melting into his embrace and finally allowing herself that touch she so badly needed. Pressing her nose into the crook of his neck, she breathes him in, taking in every ounce of hickory and maple sap, nails pressing into soft skin. He asks her if she's experienced this before, and she shakes her head no, which is a lie that he need not know of. She was his fantasy, now; she was not there anymore. Nothing more than a soft little doll, worn down and muddied and rescued from a pile of dead leaves. Swept up in her savior's strong grasp, protected, pitied, wanted. Filling her head with the sweet lie of purity that would soon be taken from her. 
You, is her response when she's asked what she wants, a sweet sound that comes from her head. She cannot stop herself anymore. One kiss turns to many, and the fuzziness of her head takes control, feverish and roaring and begging for relief. 
Until, when pausing to breathe, she remembers something, and the crashing wave of clarity nearly brings her to her knees. 
She doesn't want kids. She's in heat
Oh, shit. 
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria
The light poking of her claws against his chest played an essential part in keeping the aroused man somewhat grounded. The dangers of allowing the moment to sweep him off of his feet, to put his head in the clouds, were all too real. So even as Marcus felt himself becoming lost in her budding scent, there was a safety net. A chord to rip to soften the blow of his downward spiral. All he needed to do was focus on that light pinch.

Resting his chin on her nape, his muzzle buried deep into her soot-colored fur, the outsider kept a watchful eye on their surroundings. And then suddenly, with one simple word, nothing around them mattered. Marcus pulled from her slightly so that he could catch her gaze, as if seeing her face would say more. 

The two fell to their sins, and Marcus no longer knew where he stopped and where she began as he took her into a firm grasp. So firm in fact, that when Wren paused, he thought he may have been too much. "Are you alright?" Shallow breaths struggled to regulate as Marcus attempted to regain blood back into his brain.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Swallowing hard, Wren pulls back to look at him, the throb between her legs becoming secondary to the sudden rush of fear. I-- I'm okay, I don't want you to stop, it's just-- she shakes her head. what if I get pregnant? 
She can feel the churn of her stomach so clearly, the furrow of her brow creating a little crease in her forehead. She grips him tighter, white-knuckled and desperate for any semblance of reality she could hold onto before she didn't care anymore and let him have his way. 
I don't wanna be a single ma, she croaks out, weary and crestfallen. If she did fall pregnant, would he stick around and grow to love her? Or would he be like so many other men, leave her to her own devices, lost at sea with no more identity and no way out? Or, perhaps even worse, would their pairing be one devoid of love, only there for the sake of the accidental bastard children? Would she even love them? The thoughts are enough to make the feeling in her paws start to vanish, tingling and burning. I don't think I'd be a good ma in the first place. But, she whimpers. I want you so, so badly.
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: sexual themes

He wasn't born yesterday, and he certainly wasn't a naive virgin, but the thought of becoming a father again had not crossed his mind until Wren spoke of it. The consequences were heavier than he had even considered, and he felt stupid to be so taken back by her words. It was much more than pissing-off a few men who may have laid claim to her before now. It was the possibility of another family, of more responsibility, and of a commitment that he did not know if he could keep. Not to mention, the risk of his heart being torn again. The reality of it all shook him to his core.

"I would not leave you if that happened." Marcus stared perplexed into the vast nothingness that stretched above them before looking back to her, aware of how tightly wound around her finger he was as she clutched him. "I could, ahem-" What was the best way to describe 'pulling out'? Especially to someone who, at least as far as he knew, did not understand what was to come. "I could do it in a way that you might not get pregnant." Marcus lifted her chin to look at him. "I don't want you to do anything that could get you in trouble with your new home. As much as I want you, I want us to both feel sure.Age and experience spoke, but whether Wren would listen would be up to her. She knew nothing of his past, of the family he once had, and now he wondered if he should say something about it. What would she think about him not being around for his existing children? In truth, the loner was scared to get too close to Wren, but didn't want to let her go.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: heavily implied sexual themes

She hadn't really thought about it before; whether or not Akavir or Arric would rip her a new one if she came home with child - especially so soon after joining their pack. They hardly believed her when she'd tried to defend herself before. What would she do, if it came to it? Would she start over from ground zero, raise her babies alone? Would they help her? How far was too far before they'd rid themselves of her blood? 
She thought of what Colt had said about the lady healer who could flatten a swollen stomach, but what would Marcus think of such a thing? 
And, if she kept them, could she really trust the man from the woods to keep his word?
So many questions she had no answers to, and yet the biological tug pulled her closer and closer to not even caring.  

I don't know, She grants herself permission to get close again, pressing tiny kisses across the ginger hairs of his chin. Something of a comfort to the both of them, soft and sweet at first, before teeth start to graze and the lust stirs within her once again. She knows exactly what he implies, giving in to her sirensong while not sealing the deal. And as enticing as that idea sounds, she still asks; do you really think you could? Her tongue runs across his cheek, warm, heavy breaths pressed close to his ear. Do you want a family, Marcus? 
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria
Winds blew with young summer comfort, the warmth encircling them with a purpose of bringing the star-crossed lusters closer together... and so Wren complied. Her teeth against his skin lowered his remaining defenses. She asked if he could. 

Sure. 

She asked if he wanted a family.

He pulled from her embrace. 

"Wren, I-" What would she think of him? A man who was no longer in contact with his children, not by choice but by circumstance. He couldn't be vulnerable with her in this way without being vulnerable about who he really was. His past. "I have a family." Quickly, Marcus flashed his eyes that wandered off to the side back to the woman. "I mean had a family."

The pain and embarassment of his circumstances shook his voice, bringing it to a low mumble. No doubt this would kill the mood. Pushing aside the sick feeling of shame from his forefront, he felt it best to explain a little more. "My ex left me for someone else and I lost privileges to my children." 

A heaviness stuck to his russet coat, weighing him down but not enough to keep him from stepping toward Wren slightly. He searched for her reaction, looking from one doe eye to the next. "I thought you should know this. Not telling you would just feel... wrong." It wasn't that he didn't want a family, but the thought of it scared him as much as he knew it scared her.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Nothing could have prepared her for the absolute whirlwind that was beginning to transpire within her body. 
He had one. Emphasis on had.
At first, the only thing she can think to do is spout a confused oh?, followed with a tug of her body away from him. She is silent for a while, sometimes looking to him and sometimes not. A delicate subject needed delicate words, and she had none. 
I'm sorry, is what she lands on, swiping away saliva from her lower lip with a forepaw. She can't decide how she's supposed to feel. Sympathetic? Offended? Disgusted? It wasn't his fault, allegedly, but what if he's saving face? How long ago was this? What did this make her?
So, Wren's ears flatten as she speaks. White-hot hurt stabs at her side, twisting at her innards, and she can no longer ignore it. she left you, and then; so am I just a rebound?
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria
Maybe he shouldn't have said anything. Maybe he should have just lived in the moment with her. Marcus felt his head spin with hundreds of different thoughts as the realization hit Wren like a buffalo. He almost regretted showing up at one point as the heat of embarrassment flamed in his cheeks. But no, he wouldn't regret it. No matter how these next few moments went, Marcus knew since the day they met that Wren really meant something to him. And because of this, she was going to find out either way. To have her find out after being physically involved would just be worse. 

Taking a few deep breaths, he closed his eyes for a moment to focus on her question. She had every reason to feel blind-sided and hurt, and he would help her understand as best as he could. "Yes, she left me. Our connection wasn't great before that and thinking back I wouldn't say I was happy either but-" Thump, thump, thump. His heart smashed against his ribs in a desperate attempt to escape such an awkward conversation. "You're not just a rebound. I've been sticking around this area for you. If you didn't mean anything to me, I would have just gone my own way." He whined to her, pleading for her to understand that this all just looked bad. Ears flattened to his head as hers did, his body crept closer to her while he still rested on his belly. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you this sooner."
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: ptsd flashbacks, sexual themes

She is lost within herself. There is a pit; black tar oozing and crawling up her veins, slowly surrounding her heart and squeezing it tight. 
She's not just a rebound, is what he says, he's here for her; but that is not what she hears. Because how could she mean something to anyone? 

She can hear the thunderous baritone of her father, a sinful whisper that lingers in the depths of her very core. She can still feel his teeth, the warm iron of blood and body. Constricted pupils and whiskey breath, paws the size of her head, a helpless mother and sister. 

A shiver runs along her spine and dies out within her thighs. She shifts as she looks at him, spheres of gold that speak to her more than words can. Her head tilts as she leans in to kiss him once again, just a ghost of her mouth against his. I'm glad you told me, is what is whispered. She would pretend to believe him. I'm not-- I'm not mad. It wasn't your fault. 
She presses the crown of her forehead against his collarbone. The fire still burns. I hope you know I wouldn't do that.
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria
The moment between his words and hers hung suspended like a droplet of water, ready to drop. What sort of ripple would it create? Would she get up and leave him? He wouldn’t blame her if she did, but he hoped she wouldn’t. The anxiety that came with this uncertainty of where they stood brought the loner to one conclusion: he wanted her. 

He wanted this storm of a woman and to his relief, she cradled his insecurities with sweet words. He cranes himself to cup her head with his own, embracing her delicately without a single word so as not to ruin the moment. Carefully, as if he were afraid to break her, Marcus pulls himself back a step and rises to stand on all fours. “I’m here for you, if you’ll have me.” However she would want him, he would make himself available for it.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: children shield your eyes

And oh, god, have him she would.
Raw, pink flesh, open wounds that sing with the pain of existing, and yet none of it matters. She would sink once more into being his doll, his virgin, and whatever else he may want her to be. 
The flames have all but consumed any rational mind. With all the urgency in the world, she kisses him wherever her mouth can reach, uttering tiny whines that are only for his ears. Touch me, touch me, touch me. 
She mouths a please, the etching of letters drawn atop his skin. Make me forget
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Sexual Content

There would be little for her to focus on, little to remember, as he began to work on her. Marcus commanded her attention, all restraints having been broken so that he could tend to her properly. His mass overtook hers easily, feeling her kisses work their way down his throat and onto his shoulder as he rounded her, planting his own kisses along her side. Sweet and soft twirls of the tongue onto the base of her tail turned to anxious bites, not too hard but that still spoke to his growing excitement. His chest rubbed against her hind, and he let it linger there for a few seconds as he focused his love bites next around her scruff, tasting her and drinking her warm scent to build his excitement even more. Finally, the russet brute could restrain no longer. 

Fade

He curled next to Wren, living up to his word that he would not leave her. He also tried to live up to his words that he would be "careful". As far as he was concerned, by the looks of the scene of the crime, he had done just that.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: HEAVILY implied sexual themes

Wren was a woman of impulse, of sensuality that knew no boundaries. A hurricane of a creature, with ivory that tugs at skin and a voice that shakes the earth. But for him, she is small, a flower that unfurls beneath his touch and a set of hips for nails to dig into.  Again and again; until he has nothing left to take from her, and she nothing else to give. 

She is still as she presses against his flank, the salt of sweat and afterglow heavy on her tongue. She needs a bath, and that is what she decides she will do when they part ways. But for now, her face is buried in the scruff of his neck, lips parted as her breath begins to catch up to her. 
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria
His lover being out of breath was incredibly satisfying. Marcus smiled deviously as he planted a long drawn out kiss upon Wren's diamond forehead. The night went on, nearby prey scurried around them, but the anxiety that the what ifs gave him were becoming more apparent now that he was no longer preoccupied. "Would you like to find a place to bunk for the night?" The brimstone brute nudged the young woman with a gentle chuff. He did not intend for her to feel rushed.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
For tonight, she huffs, passing her tongue over her upper lip. It was a strange feeling, to be caressed and kissed even after the rush of oxytocin had passed. She isn't sure how to feel about it. The jumping in her veins urges her to create a small distance between them. 
But, y'know, she nudges at him with a paw, an awkward gesture for such a blunderously large woman. Her size nearly mirrors his own, made all the more apparent by willowy limbs that press into his side. I gotta go in the morning. I've got a pack that needs me and it's a long way home from here.
The guilt was already starting to eat away at her, gaze softened and lips curled in a small frown. I live in, um, Swiftcurrent Creek. It's just beyond the Sunspires. If you show up and a big black-pelted guy comes, just ask for me. If you, uh, wanna see me again. 
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria
gonna fade for Marcus here!

He understood her responsibilities belonged somewhere else and not to his feelings. He would never expect that of anyone, frankly. "I do want to see you again." The familiarity of all this made his heart pound and he feared she would feel his restlessness. A man. Asking a man for permission to see her didn't sit right, but in the end it was out of his control. Standing slowly, so as not to seem like he wanted to part from her warmth too abruptly, Marcus sighed as he stretched tired muscles. The drawn out an exaggerated movements ended with a satisfied grunt before his nose nudged against her cheek. "Let's go find a place to settle." To settle, such a scary thought.