Mount Apikuni [m] how to disappear completely
Riverclan
Star*
always an angel, never a god
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
All Welcome 
tossing this out into the open! AW <3 wren rolled a 6 out of 10 for her implied injuries from this thread (mature content warning); no guarantees she will be very friendly to those she does not know

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: attempted suicide, self harm

Wren's first thought upon opening her eyes was a grave fear that Akavir will be horrifically ashamed of her.
Her body surges with an onslaught of pain, throbbing, never-ending — bruises, surely, everywhere — and she is alone, just as she had come here.
Her memory comes in pieces. A trail of scarlet litters the mountainside; apparently, her fall had been stopped by a rather large boulder; and she lays crumpled in a crevice, neatly tucked out of sight. Just my fucking luck; God won't let me die.
She moves to raise her head, but the immediate settling of vertigo forces it to slam back to the ground. Akavir. Would she be able to look him in the eyes again?
Silvertongue; part of her expected to wake up beside her, as if all of this had been some horrific nightmare. But reality did not seem to agree with her.
She would have died alone. And now here she was, dry-mouthed and silent and picking up the pieces of her failure; failure, again.
Riverclan
Fang
91 Posts
Ooc — Jess
The amount of food needed to provide for a woman and her four children had grown. Ksura had hunted along the Sunspire mountains, tracking down a herd of bighorn sheep and picking them off one by one as he went, though it took him longer and longer to drag his kill home. He'd all but exhausted the herds in the area who had learned to fear the sparrow-wolf, and had roamed toward a different range. 

He chased a couple cow elk down into the lowlands before sweeping up alongside another mountain, one that stood alone. He clamboured up the ridgeline to peer through an opening and down toward the craggy area below, hoping to find himself looking down on another herd- but instead, he saw splatters of blood, darkening against the stone. Odd, he thought. He couldn't see anything deceased, but something had definitely come this way.

Carefully, he picked his way down, not willing to chance the same fate. By the scent he could determine that it was a female wolf, but whether or not she survived whatever injuries she'd sustained wasn't clear. Out of nothing but morbid curiosity, he crept closer, ambling expertly over the rough terrain until he spotted the softness of grey fur, barely noticeable against the stones that cradled her. He pricked his ears, listening for any sign of life, wondering if there might be use for her if she was dead.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
I'm sorry I couldn't resist
Wren had left again.

And this was concerning to Mae, who had been growing more and more worried about the woman in recent days. She worried that she was not okay; that something had happened between her and Akavir; that she was leaving, leaving like everyone did —

It was the scent of blood that confirmed the worst of her fears. Blood, and a stranger, and suddenly Mae was taken back to that night. Moss; the baby; that man; blood, blood, blood —

Too close he was too close and Wren was in danger and —

FUCK OFF!

With a hellish snarl Mae launched herself directly for the stranger's throat, intending with every ounce of her being to kill him here and now. No one would hurt Wren. Not again. Not if she could help it.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
still open to others!

FUCK OFF!
She knew that voice. Her lips part to speak; Mae--?
And there was a stranger, a man, a man was here, and the songbird frenzies with a rush of sudden terror. She did not know that scent. She hears the clack and clamor of teeth, of bodies whirring and crashing together — Mae, it was Mae; no. No, what was she doing?
Her eyes burn with the glaze of tears yet again. She cannot help, cannot defend herself.
Why couldn't she have just—
Riverclan
Fang
91 Posts
Ooc — Jess

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: language
A snarling shadow leapt toward him, and for a second he thought it might be the grey wolf's spirit come to corporeal form, furious with him for having considered what use he might make of her body. Realizing that it was nothing more than an over-protective child, Ksura stepped back, collecting himself onto his haunches and as the girl leapt for his throat, he reared back and smacked the young wolf aside. 

He'd feel bad for hitting a kid later- maybe- but the feral girl had chosen to fuck around, and she would indeed find out that Ksura only allowed puppy privilege for so long. 

He didn't move to strike again, but stiffened and bristled. "Calm your tits, kid," he chastized. He wiped away a bit of blood from his lip, where one of her fangs had nicked him. "Fuck." He blurted softly. "If I was a bad dog, I'd kill you now just so I'd never have to put up with your unpredictable ass when you grow up." He said bitterly. "This your Mom?" He asked, gesturing to the woman whose eyes now glistened. He frowned. It didn't look good for her.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
At seven months old, Mae was nearing her adult height, but her figure remained lanky; not quite filled out. The harsh blow rocked her just enough to unbalance her, and she staggered with another guttural snarl. His words were lost on her. Fuck. Off, Mae repeated herself slowly because clearly he was stupid, words nearly garbled by the unending growl rumbling in her throat.

She's mine, And that's all you need to know. After a moment it occurred to her that Swiftcurrent was close, and she howled briefly for @Akavir, for @Arric.

But she couldn't be sure they heard the abrupt call; it was cut short out of necessity, for Mae was unwilling to entertain the man's presence any longer. She advanced with another snap of her teeth, fur along her spine lifted; the warning was clear in every aspect of her posture.
Yellowstone
NPC
230 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The boy had failed in his quest, and was reluctant to return home because of it.

He came to the Teekon now without even knowing it; the wilderness had swallowed him up, and he had grown from child to teen, and returned to it an outlander—and in this particular moment, caught the sound of a shout in his ears.
FUCK OFF!

Mojag may have failed in finding Raiyuk, but he had found other ways to be of use to those he encountered. Now he ran towards that voice as a paladin might, his steps reaching and his focus on the road ahead.

He came upon the gathered wolves as one, a shadow, summoned a pair of others that Mojag did not recognize. He hung back now, uncertain; there was a strange mood to the gathering here and many scents he did not recognize.

He pulled at his frayed courage and managed to call out to them: Hello? Is something the matter? Maybe I can be of help. The chances of these people needing anything at all was slim, but he was always ready to offer.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
This was too much.
Wren, much too weak to do much of anything except for desperately glare with a sickening, growing feeling of pure embarrassment, tries her best to butt into the conversation. I know her, she squeaks — her voice is hoarse, hardly incomprehensible through the grit of her teeth.
A third appears to the scene. This was a worse punishment than death.
Was this just fucking purgatory?
To the second stranger does her glance fall upon; a younger one, a boy, who she decided was undeserving of this absolute chaos. I'm fine. I wanted to die. please just-- just leave. Please.
Riverclan
Fang
91 Posts
Ooc — Jess
"Look, I'm not-" The young girl howled, and he was cut off. He clamped his mouth shut to allow her to call out for whoever she wanted- though if she brougth others who were as impulsive as her, he would quickly find himself outnumbered and in trouble. He rolled his eyes and heaved a sigh, bewildered by the amount of hostility he was facing simply for being present. He raised both eyebrows incredulously when she turned on him again, snapping her teeth together in a warning. Her persistance was more unnerving than her actual physical threat. 

He flicked an ear as another voice- a peaceful one, finally- called out an offering. A quiet plea came from the woman, whose weakening voice was the only one that Ksura found had any reason to it. He looked back toward the hostile girl again, and licked his bleeding lips, backed up, and turned to leave. 

He began to climb up and away, tail lightly curled indignantly. He kept the girl in his peripheral vision. 

"One of them wants to murder, the other one wants to die-" He scoffed, finally lifting his head to catch sight of the other peeking onto the scene. He was wise to have been so leery. He shrugged. The girl had called for help, anyway; maybe it would come in the form of someone she would actually allow. "Good luck." He droned sarcastically, and began to trot up the hillside.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
guys I'm not great with large threads i get confused so bear with me. Arric wouldn't ignore a call from Mae it will probably take him a round to get to ya.

Arric heard the call by mere chance. He happened to be on the borders. Amd he knew the howl that came short and cut off. A frown as he stepped forward. He should let Akavir know where he was going, but what if it was an emergency it sounded like something that needed immediate attention. 

A firm nod, a decision. He howled out a loud note letting her know he was on his way. Then shifted into full tilt. Long legs getting him there quicker, he hoped quick enough. 

Blue eyes on the horizon. He wondered at this. Was it wren again? What the hell was going on lately, he slammed thr brakes on that train of thought. Didn't need it right now.

All he knew his neice had called and he'd be dead before he wouldn't answer her.

also I'd love a Mojag/Ajei thread sometime
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Arric's responding howl soothed her some, but Mae kept her eyes trained on the stranger even as another entered the scene. She moved closer to Wren, stepping sideways so that she never turned away from the man she'd decided was a threat to her packmate. He spoke more, but she wasn't interested. All she cared about was that he was walking away, finally, and now she was close enough to Wren to stand guard over her battered figure.

She lowered herself to a crouch, lips still peeled back to show her teeth as her gaze shifted from the retreating figure to the entering one. Go away, Mae snapped again. This is Swiftcurrent Creek business, and we don't need your fucking help. Arric was on his way, and that was all they needed. He would bring Arlette, or Eshe, or maybe he would carry Wren back to one of them, and she would be okay.

But Mae's patience was running thin, and her teeth itched with the desire to rip the nose off of the next stranger to stick it where it didn't belong.
Yellowstone
NPC
230 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He got a general idea of what the problem was, and felt immediately out of his depth.

Everyone involved appeared disinterested in his being there, and the dark girl who had called for aid directed some pointed words his way, making him shrink back a little bit; Mojag wasn't used to such language and while his ears curled back, he felt a drop in his chest as if someone important (like a real adult) might suddenly overhear the girl and discipline her.

I... I grew up with healers, so... If you need anything... He began to explain, but he felt the strength in his spirit wane a bit, and then he went quiet. He did not want to cause further upset, and by the look of things everyone was upset; with one wolf retreating outright.

He shrank back from them even further, keeping far in the periphery just in case; while Mojag felt a distinct pull to leave, he also had the strong sense that someone had to help and was reluctant to go too far.
Riverclan
Star*
383 Posts
Ooc — Twin
The far-off call of Arric hits her ears and it suddenly occurs to her that she will have to come up with a story. She could lie; could pretend as if she hadn't teetered over the crest of a nervous breakdown, hadn't absolutely lost it — yes. That was what she would do.
They did not need to — worry about her. Not any more. Not ever again.
Her breath hitches in her throat as she forces her head up yet again; this time, she is successful. One of the men says something incomprehensible to her, and Mae stands over her as if she is property.
Mae, she croaks. it's okay. We're good. I just-- I just fell. I'll be fine. she felt as if they'd had this conversation a lot recently.
To the strange boy, the young one, her gaze softens. I'm okay, her voice wavers, gets lost somewhere. thank you.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It's okay.

I'll be fine.

Lies; all lies. Mae stepped away and whirled to face Wren in the same motion, eyes ablaze and filled with outraged disbelief. What the fuck?! The words fell from her more as a reflex than anything. She couldn't believe it. What about this is okay?! The part where you keep running away? Or the part where I always find you all - all fucked up and trying to act like everything is fucking fine?! It's not okay, Wren, and it hasn't been okay for a long time.

All I wanna do is help, and you never let me! Her voice rose with each word, hackles bristling. If you don't want my fuckin' help, then - then fine! Arric can deal with you! I -

I'm done trying.

She turned to leave.