Swiftcurrent Creek I try, but I need it
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
277 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Mind if we backdate this? I don't think Mae would have waited very long <3 other tag for ref!
For a time Mae kept to herself within Swiftcurrent Creek's borders. As much as she loved this place, it had been the setting of so many of her worst memories. Whatever comfort she'd thought she might get from returning home was lost among them.

She didn't quite avoid @Akavir, though she'd made it clear to him that she would need time. Still she sought him at least once each day, if only to say hi when she had nothing else to say. She didn't want him to think she would withdraw again.

But soon enough she wanted to see @Arric. Mae began her search near the borders, anticipating his presence there, though she really wasn't sure what might have changed during her time away.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
thats fine

He had scented Mae in the creek, but he hadn't sought her out. He knew enough about his neice that he couldn't force anything and she needed adjustment time. She would seek him out when she was ready.

She'd find him as always on the fringes of the pack birders. Eyes assessing the surrounding area and beyond. As he clawed and marked the invisible scent lines.

His face crinkled into a smile. Hey shithead.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
277 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Arric was a constant, always predictable in the best way. It was a relief after months of turmoil and uncertainty. Mae couldn't help but grin.

Hey, She halted a few feet away, looking him over briefly. He looked better than the last time she'd seen him. What's new? Maybe Swiftcurrent Creek had finally stopped being hell on earth sometime in the past few months, if Arric seemed better.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He was a little disappointed that she hadn't rushed to give him a hug. But she wasn't a little girl anymore. Amd part of him hated that. She hadn't had it easy that was for sure.

A small shrug. Not much. Your dad is angry and sad, but won't talk about it. We have new neighbors in the berclaw valley. And myself and Arlette have started a relationship. Oh and Cygnet hates my guts.

He looked her over. Concerned for how she would take the relationship most of all.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
277 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Angry and sad, but won't talk about it. That wasn't exactly new, was it? But Arric went on, mentioning someone named Arlette and the beginning of their relationship. Mae had never really bothered with the intricacies of romance; it didn't interest her, particularly when every relationship she'd witnessed had failed in some way. Her own parents were never together, as far as she knew. Boone was dead. And Eshe's scent was gone from the territory, which she'd only just noticed.

Hm.

So Arric meant to set himself up for such heartbreak, too. Mae nodded, not pleased with the news but resigned to it. That was just what adults did. They got in relationships and had kids and waited for it all to fall apart — and then they did it again.

That would never be her, she'd decided. Eshe fucked off, then? She didn't quite look at Arric as she said it, gaze flitting all around the creek as if trying to take in every change at once.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Swearing

t wasn't new, and that was why it caused Arric such stress. He couldn't fix it if the jackass didn't talk about it. And he just stewed in his depression juices until he broke. Not cool.

Arric snorted. Oh yea she did. Fucked off sideways, backwards and twisted it for good fucking measure.

He snorted again a furrow deepening in his brow. He hadn't ever fully trusted her. She had proven him right and if that didn't just suck.

You happy to be home shit head?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
277 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Mae snorted as Arric confirmed what she already knew. Never did like her, She commented a bit darkly, studying the trees as she said it. He deserves better anyway.

At his question, she nodded. Yeah, it's cool. Kinda miss Rev though. Shit's real bad at Hearthwood, an' I felt like a dick just leaving, Mae sighed. Why's shit always so complicated, Arric?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled. I wasn't her biggest fan. Didn't trust her for shit. But she made your dad happy for a time. I appreciated that.

Arric nodded. Yes he fucking dies.

Arric titled hia ears forward. Whats bad?

He sighed sadly. I wish I had an answer for that.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
277 Posts
Ooc — xynien
He can be happy without her.

And that was Mae's final thought on the subject. Her expression turned a touch more somber as Arric questioned what had happened at Hearthwood. What isn't bad? She snorted, looking away as she recalled every tragedy. The mountains are a hell hole. Trespassers galore. Pack's a buncha hippie bitches, so they don't stand a chance.

I'm worried about 'em. But I'm happy to be home.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled. Perhaps. 

He didn't say how he doubted it. How he wasn't sure if Akavir would ever be okay. That man wanted the whole package all his family together, his children there with him. The doting wife that he could dote on in return. 

Arric listened with growing concern. Why on earth had Reverie and her mate settled there. What the hell? IT sounded awful. And the more Mae talked about it. No wonder she came back, because holy shit. 

Well maybe you and me can visit and see if they need help. Maybe though Reverie might not like that.