Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
All Welcome 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Wolf birds and bees
Arric slipped through the pack lands. Dark fur heavy and thick on broad body. Giving him a little more girth to his already gargantuan stature.

His thoughts were on the caches and the new yirl he still needed to talk to Eshe and Arlette about keeping an eye on her. And maybe Akavirs brother about teaching her to scout.

A paw step towards the borders. Time was of the essence.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Swiftcurrent Creek was not so far from Hearthwood as she had hoped. Daily the temptation of its very existence haunted her; thoughts of Arric, her father, her brothers. Even Wren, even Eshe. But Mae didn't dare return home.

Until one day she did. She pressed thoughtlessly across the borders, as brazen as any young trespasser. This place was hers; her birthright. And when she saw Arric, her heart leapt into her throat. Arric! Mae yelled, breaking into a run. Hey, shithead! If nothing stopped her before she reached him, she would barrel into him for a somewhat violent hug.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: swearing

Mae's absence had begun to lesson, but Arric knew he'd never be the same. And he worried for her. He had tried hard to teach her everything he could. He often wondered if it was enough.

He heard hia name and hia breath stuttered as his neice ran towards him
 A smile yhen laughter and he caught her with broad paws and pulled her tight.

Shithead! Where have you fucking been?

He held her tighter feeling his eyes grow wet.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Arric embraced her, and for a moment all the misery of weeks past faded from her. Mae had returned bearing new scars over body and mind, but in many ways she was still the same girl who had left the creek pack not so long ago. She knew she could not stay. Not after all that had happened. But this moment meant more than she could ever say.

I've been - For a heartbeat she was uncertain how to continue. At a place called Hearthwood. They saved my life. Found me all fucked up and nursed me back to health. So I guess I'm repaying a debt now, or whatever. Not that they asked me to. Her nose wrinkled a little. Sometimes I think they're too nice. But - get this - they knew my mom! Or, one of them did. Her name is Reverie. She said she used to live here.

Fuckin' crazy, right? Mae finished a little breathlessly, pulling away with bright eyes to meet Arric's gaze.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
It felt good to hsve here here. To be able to look at her and know she was alive. Painfully he knew it had cost her. Clear by the scars on her body. But everyone needed to learn to live their own way.

The more she spoke the more the ruff of his fur rose. He frowned and sighed.

She did. There were some issues. Maemae.

He took a deep breath. Reverie is like my family and i won't tell you not to help her stay with her. You should help a little since she saved your life, but please be careful. Reverie though she is sweet and tries her hardest bad things happened to her. I'm not entirely sure of all the details, but sometimes she gets a little in her head. Just be careful mmk.

He shifted. Now i don't want to lecture you or tell you what to do so. Tell me of some of your adventures. Only the stuff you want to share yea?

It was not a demand or a choice. Just a small note.

His eyes lit up. Oh she likes to dance so you know ahe might like it if you dance with her.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Arric's reaction was... weird. It wasn't that Mae hadn't expected some kind of negative response; she knew that there was tension surrounding the subject, particularly regarding Akavir. But he seemed almost apprehensive, and that was odd to Mae. She'd noticed that Reverie could be a little strange, but mostly thought of the woman as harmless.

She frowned, but didn't linger long on it. I'll be careful, Mae promised, though she prickled with jealousy when Arric mentioned that Reverie liked to dance. It was obvious that her uncle cared for this woman in spite of the bad blood between her and Swiftcurrent Creek, and Mae wasn't sure how to feel about that. Still, a faint smile touched her lips, if only for the fact that her new home didn't necessarily mean she was entirely cut off from her birthplace. I'll ask her about it sometime. You want me to say hi for you or somethin'?

As for her adventures... I saw the ocean! It's real close to Hearthwood. Hey, maybe we could go together sometime! That was a nice thought; just the two of them, exploring somewhere far from Swiftcurrent Creek. Mae didn't dare wonder about her father.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric didn't want to ruin her opinion of Rev and maybe she'd done allright now. Perhaps she'd gotten help.

He shook his head. Naw you don't need to give her a message or nothing. he wasn't concerned with wanting to share anything with rev. He liked her, but felt as if they were in a good place. No need to make her upset.

He nodded his head. Alright but we gotta stay from Sapphique. Its a pack run by women there. Your uncle was a bit of a dumbass and offended them in the spring.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
If she was honest, Mae didn't really give a shit about whatever weird drama lurked between the adults in her life. What mattered to her was how they treated her, and so far, both Arric and Reverie had been there for her in different ways. Whatever was between them wasn't any of her business. So she was glad for the change of subject.

What'd you do to piss 'em off? She couldn't help but ask, ears pulling forward now. A pack run by women! Mae had half a mind to pay a visit to them herself — without Arric, of course. Maybe Blossom would go with her.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Arric you're gross and swear too much.

Arric often wished he didn't care about the drama. But it killed his vibes. Like he liked happy go lucky lets not be serious shit. And the weeping and the whining that even he himself had done lately killed that.

Arric tilted his ear backwards. Uh...whew mae this is really a question for Akavir because uh i gotta get some real gross stuff out first.

He ahook his head a bemused smile on hia face. Ready for too much info shithead?

He sat down because this was not an easy convo. But thr thought of keeping it from her had never crossed his mind.

So in spring is when some wolves start making babies. You'll go into your first season when your about a year and a half. And you're gonna want to seek someone out usually. Now when a woman is in heat it's damn near impossible for a man to ignore it. But you remember if anyone tries to take advantage of you during that time and you don't want them too you rip their balls off or tell me and I'll rip their balls off. Because just cause it smells good and you're body is ready for that doesn't mean any man or even woman has a right to it unless you allow it

He tilted an ear. Anyway there was this female and she was pretty and sweet and she sang. And i liked her a lot okay and well we definitely possibly made kids. But i hadn't realized that she didn't want anything to do with me after. I went to try and give food in case i was a father and well her sister got nasty i got nasty and they chased me from the border and told me If i came near they'd make sure i didn't make it home basically. It makes me feel like shit cause i think i would've been an okay dad but they didn't want me around.

I hope you don't hate me mae. I wouldnt have done anything if id have known she and her family wouldn't allow me near. I shoulda known though. She didn't even tell me her name.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Wolf birds and bees
Her ears twitched a little at the mention of Akavir, but Mae was quiet and attentive while Arric explained. First, about — oh, oh gross. She made a face of disgust as Arric spoke of heat and making babies and men. Ew ew ew. Mae was certain she would never want anything to do with any of that, and so she took Arric's suggestion fully to heart: any man who got anywhere near her would find himself missing the family jewels.

She frowned as Arric went on, though. Especially when he said that he hoped she didn't hate him. Why would I hate you? They sound like a bunch of assholes, Mae shifted uncomfortably. We can stay away from them. Hey, uh, did ya know I got a cousin? Blossom. She's real nice, kinda sensitive though. If they spent another second talking about the woman Arric had apparently made babies with, or her family, Mae thought she might explode.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
It was uncomfortable to say the least. And truthfully it should have been Akavir to explain it and Arric was fairly certain he had also sucked at it, but well he wasn't very good at delicate topics.

He saw her face and part of him was glad. He wouldn't have to murder anyone for going after his perfect princess of a neice.

Arric chuckled. Yes i know. I've not seen her wince she was a very small baby. She was here when you were babies i think.

He frowned. I can't remeber exactly, but i think so. Yea. But only a little bit before Lestan and Rev left.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
So he did know. Mae found herself once again uncertain how she felt about this. There was so much she didn't know about her own life, her own family. And then Arric mentioned another name, one she'd never heard. There was no Lestan at Hearthwood.

Who's Lestan? She asked, going very still; she sensed that there was a secret here, it must be a secret, or else Reverie would have mentioned it. Right? Mae watched Arric carefully, eager to glean any information she could from his expression.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric shifted. And didn't know what to say. He hadn't realized Mae didn't know so much and yet. He shouldn't be surprised. He'd never told her and Akavir and Mae's relationship was um tumultuous at best.

Arric blinked. Aww shit. Umm Lestan was, well is related to Akavir somehow. He was Reveries mate her first one. He is blossoms father, but he died i believe. I didn't get the whole story from Reverie she was pretty upset and I didn't want to push her.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
That made much more sense. Mae knew that Reverie and Boone were no relatives of hers, only Blossom, but she'd never really stopped to think about that. And Lestan was dead, whoever he was; not really a secret, then. No one ever talked about Moss either.

So he was like... a Frostfur-Mayfair? Mae questioned next, more interested in the man's lineage than his life. How was he related to Akavir? And why hadn't her father ever mentioned relatives beyond Swiftcurrent Creek?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric himself didn't know all the familial ties that Akavir boasted of. Just that he had a few too many. Arric had hardly any. At least none that he knew of. He knew his auntie Vienna had children, but not how many or anything. His dad hadn't known either, but leaving her had left a hollow feeling in his father's chest. He knew that much.

I guess so. I never really asked much about it. I'm kinda a you see what you get guy.....you have another uncle in the creek now. A brother of Akavir. I just met him myself.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Yeah, I met him. Viinturuth. Dunno if I'd call him my uncle, though. I don't really know him, Mae was frowning now, trying to make sense of her feelings. Did blood really determine family? Her own blood had done nothing but abandon her. It was in others that she had found stability and support, in Arric and the Hearthwood wolves.

Being related to someone isn't that important, is it? She asked after a moment.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled. He didn't know the wolf well either. He liked him well enough he supposed. He was quiet and didn't bother Arric so much. He left him to his own devices. He realized with a cold clarity that most did. He hadn't even talked to Akavir in sometime. 

Well Maemae, that depends on who you talk too. They say that blood is thicker than water, but I don't necessarily agree. You and me aren't related by blood and yet you are family. I think it matters more how other's make you feel and the love you have than your blood.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Mae nodded, finding that she agreed with Arric's view of things. It was interesting to know that she shared blood with so many others, but ultimately they meant nothing to her. Only Blossom had endeared herself to Mae, and that had been because the golden girl saved her life.

Arric, why don't you have any relatives here? She found herself abruptly wondering aloud, realizing that she didn't know of anyone Arric actually shared blood with. He had become so enmeshed with Mae's own family, she'd almost forgotten he wasn't truly related to her, though she'd known it all along.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric didn't know if he was doing the right thing by Mae. It was what he believed, but would his views color her opinions. He hoped not because as a small wolf still growing, she had to form hr own opinions. And he felt guilt for it, because he knew it would give her more reason to dislike Akavir and that hurt him.

He blinked surprised. Oh because their all dead. My mom died a few weeks before I turned a year old. My dad died about a year ago. And I didn't have any brother's or sisters. My dad had a sister and she had kids, but I have no idea about any of them. They were around here though. This was where my dad was for a time before I was born too.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It wasn't the answer she'd expected, though Mae wasn't quite sure what she had thought he would say. Oh, She said quietly. Well that sucks. All dead. It really wasn't so different from being gone, like most of her family. The only one still around was Akavir.

For a moment she was quiet. Then, voice tinged with misery, she added, I wish you were my dad.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric had been caught off guard, and he had been blunter than perhaps he had meant, but well what were you to do. He still missed his father, a lot and sometimes his mother. The grief didn't end, but it did get manageable at least. 

Oh man, his heart grew tight at her admission. He reached for her, to pull her tightly when she had been a little girl. IF she would let him. Lay his head across her shoulders and squeeze.

You know what Maemae you would have been an awesome daughter for me, but i'm glad Akavir is your dad. Because then even if you aren't mine. I still get to love you just like you are. And I do. I love you more than the moon and the stars you understand.

He didn't want to throw Akavir under the bus, but he wanted the girl to know he loved her too. Despite she wasn't his. She was hi sbest friends and in essence that sort of made her his, at least his neice at the very least.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Mae leaned into Arric's embrace, picturing briefly a different life for herself. One in which he had been her father, and maybe she would have had a mother, too. Just for a moment. The thought made her so achingly sad that she had to let it go.

I love you too, Her voice was quiet, thick with emotion. She'd never been expressive about her love, hardly ever spoke it to anyone, but for Arric she would make an exception. Only him. I always will, wherever I go. Even if she could never come home. He would always be in her heart — and to her, the closest thing to a true father she would ever have.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: swearing

She leaned in and his heart hurt for her. She had a difficult upbronging it was true. Some of which couldn't be helped. But he hoped he had lessened it at least a little.

A smile lit up hia face, but he didn't comment. Knowing it was hard for Mae to voice her emotions. Something else she got from her dad.

So instead he teased. You better I'm fucking awesome. And so are you.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
200 for you <3
Mae grinned at that. Fuck yeah I am, She shot back, relieved to leave the emotional moment behind. So when should we plan our trip to the coast for? I can go any time. Not like I have any other plans.

Except whatever tasks Hearthwood assigned her, of course, but thus far no one had approached Mae about it. She assumed that Boone would eventually ask something of her. But he hadn't yet. So until then, she would continue what she'd been doing: wandering, meeting people, checking in on those she already knew. It was a decent existence, she thought.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric knew that she was not emotional like him. She was more like her dad, sort of just simmering there under the surface. Not that sh edidn't feel emotions, she did and hard. So he tried to lighten the moment and it seemed to work. He smiled, relieved. 

He had to think about it. This was winter, winter was a time of harshness and cold. There were many bodies relying on him to feed and help keep them alive. He couldn't leave in good conscience right now. But the thought of going near the coast in the spring made him ill. 

Perhaps late spring early summer. That way we can hunt and bring food back to our respective packs too. And it is in abudance then.