Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Private 
Arric slid into the pack lands. His teeth clamped gently around the pelt of an otter. It had put up a fight they always did, but it would make good snacks or something for someone.

His eyes were alert and hia ears erect. He had a feeling his little healer @Arlette was gonna light up his ass. And he would deserve it. He just hoped she didn't want to tear him apart too much. 

In his defense. He'd been afraid he'd say something even meaner to Cygnet and that wasn't fair. he already owed the girl an apology not that she'd take it.

And yes he should have spoke to Arlette before leaving, but it had been with good intent. But they say hell is paved with the best of intentions.

Updated to the 24th. I did put the offset on but it doesn't seem to be taking it
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette had been mad when Arric left, she figured he would be back soon though. But today it was the fifth day he was gone. She thought that he had just run away from his problems but it did seem a little long for him to stay away.

Arlette had focussed on Cygnet since the girl did seem to want her attention. The girl seemed fine though. Her ribs were doing better and she seemed more comfortable. Arlette wasn't fine though. It was clear the pale woman was not happy. She realized that she hadn't liked that Arric had just left without talking. She hadn't realized it had welled up more emotions within her than she liked.

Arlette was currently busy going through her medical cache. She was moving it closer to the garden @Eshe started. She figured that that was her responsibility now. She watched at the tree seeds she had found, for Eshe. Well, she also left. Everyone left. Arlette tossed the seeds away into the nearby river. Feeling stupid for even gathering them.

Tag for reference
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric arrived just in time to see her tjrow some of the seeds she had gathered. Surely she wasn't that mad at him, that she'd destroy something she loved. Guilt laced through him like a live wire.

what you throwing away your seeds for lovebug?

He thought about jumping in after them. Blue eyes even landed on the river and he shifted as if her were going to, but realized the current probably would have taken them to far.

I can try and get em back, but that current is pretty fast.

Then blue eyes turned back to her and his ears went forward and he was unsure what to say. He needed to apologize, but first he needed to know everything that he needed to apologize for, because it was probably a ton of shit.

He'd been a little tough on Cygnet and then he had left. Granted the messages needed taken, but he should have spoken with Arlette too. He had realized part of him was irritated for her constantly giving into Cyg and he was even a little jealous and man had he tore his own ass up in his head for that one.

It was the type of wolf Arlette was though. She gave and gave. It was part of the reason he'd fallen so hard and so fast. She was a genuine and nice wolf. And beauty incarnate to boot.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette turned to the sound of a voice. It was so automatic to respond that it took a moment to realize it was Arric's voice. Her red eyes caught the big male before her, she instantly casted her eyes away. It hurt seeing him. He had hurt her and now she was reminded of that moment again. It seemed that he was back. She also noticed the pelt at his feet with a frown. She turned away from him.

"So you rather jump into a freezing river for useless seeds than to actual stay and talk?," she spoke, her voice a little clipped. "Don't bother. I gathered them for Eshe and she decided to leave as well, right before declaring we were friends," she stated. Arlette hadn't looked at him yet and giving him the cold shoulder.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Immediately he saw her gaze and his heart fell to his toes. Why had it hurt so bad? He had walked away from them so as to not say anything else and his task had been a beta thing. He frowned thinking back through all their conversations and settled on his shoulders like a thunderclap her other mate. The one that had gone on a trip an never came home.

Oh shit. he breathed 

He took a deep breath. First of all I didn't say that. I was waiting to hear all i need to apologize for. Cause I was a shit wolf. And Arlette I...first thing. I am sorry for leaving. I had to run messages to Kvarsheim and riverclan about a violent wolf on the lose. I didn't think, about how that would affect you given your past at the time. And that was realy awful. Akavir asked me too. I was being a dick and was caught up in my own emotions to tell you and that wasn't fair.

Arric frowned at the river. Boy Eshe did a number on you to huh. She has Akavir a mess.

He glared at the water. He moved to ghost forward, but was unsure what else to do. If he said anything else it could be considered excuses and she needed actions and apologies, not excuses.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette's ears were flat against her skull, and this time not in submission. Arric started to talk. She still didn't face him, looking at the river flowing past. She just disliked this. Now it felt that she was this oversensitive female that needed to know the location of her mate at all times. That was not the case. "It is more about the timing, Arric. You went off fuming with Cygnet and then I get just a common pack howl you will be away on business?," she stated, turning to him now. Those red eyes on him. She didn't even know when he would return. "At least you could have come to tell me in person, or resolved why you are so triggered by Cygnet instead of leaving," she spoke.

It was what bothered her the most. She wasn't stupid. Cygnet was not completely honest either. She had the feeling the girl was seeing her as hers to have. She was her own wolf. Cygnet would need to learn that. "How it felt to me too, was that you have such a lack of trust in my judgement in this whole you vs Cygnet situation that you rather remove yourself from the situation. That is what hurts too." Sure, he left, and she had been anxious about it a little since if he got hurt well, then they had parted without a fight. But that he just didn't even stay to resolve things. Arlette stepped to the side when he stepped closer. Shooting him a light scowl. "Yes. She told me about valuing our friendship, and we would plant a tree to remember her father. Well, she clearly didn't mean that, any of it." She felt terrible for Akavir too. "And worst of it... It is probably all my fault. Eshe and I talked about pups, and I assumed she and Akavir would have some. But Eshe grew sad since Akavir seemed to not want them and went to talk to him about it when we were done. That is when things went wrong."

Arlette sighed. Wanting to get back to the point. "You need to resolve this issue you have with Cygnet, and vise versa. This girl is already.... difficult and your actions didn't really help things. Now it feels that she got her way."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric hated that he upset her. And it was clear by her ears to her skull that she didn't like what he had to say. Well then lets get to it, he surmised.

He licked a long stripe scross his muzzle. A lot of reasons about Cygnet bother me and some aren't her fault. But as far as walking away. I should have been clearer. It was because I was close to losing my temper on her and thats wasn't fair to her or you. She irritates me, because she is blatant on her dislike of me but plays it up like I am at fault. For instance. How she acted like she was scared of me. Trust me she wasn't.  She actually bared her teeth and growled at me anxious to bite again after our spar. It just feels like a lie. And i hate lies.

Her next words he had to think about. She triggers me mostly from a bit of a confusing and almost selfish standpoint. Lets be honest i prefer to be liked at least by those in the pack lands or at least tolerated. And she hates me, has since she came here and I have no idea why. And no matter how I try and approach it. It ends badly. It is irritating and confusing and I don't like it. But that is very much a personal flaw. Because she'sa child.

He blinked. I trust you just fine Arlette. he flicked an ear. A furrow in his brow. I was close to losing my temper, but also she seemed to need you more than me at that particular moment. I'm not stupid. Even though i tried really hard not too. I know I hurt her.

He backed up when she moved away. Adding more distance, because it seemed to be what she needed.

Arric scowled. A little edge to his voice. It's not your fault. Eshe and Akavir shouldn't have gotten together so quickly. She's desparate for a family and hes scared to death. Their issues lie with the two of them and the two of them alone. I know you liked her, but I have never fully trusted her and some of it stems from when Cygnet was brought here. But that is a story and a issue for a different day. And for the record she was selfish and it infuriates me that she did what she did.

He sighed. Well if you can help me figure out how I'll do it. But I don't know if we can Arlette. She really seems to hate my guts.

He blinked and took another deep breath. He closed his eyes took another one. Inhale. Exhale. He needed to calm down.

I'm sorry for all of it. Not resolving with Cygnet, not explaining and only coming to you after the damage was done. For leaving with just a howl and coming back late. It was immature. Selfish and mean. And I am truly deeply sorry. And I will work on it. Especially Cygnet.

He didn't know what else he could say or even if his explanations were the right ones. He felt bad, but he couldn't do more yet.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arric told her his story. On the time with Cygnet and he had walked off because he wouldn't be able to control his anger. And what bothered him about the girl. She nodded. "I understand, Arric. But don't you realize that I see that behavior too?," she reasoned with him. "And you walking away only enforces that behavior within her. She got what she wanted because you walked away. She was rewarded for it. You know much that sucked on top of you just leaving to deal with that?" She could speak to Cygnet all she wanted that this wasn't a good thing, but she knew how it had felt for the child. The man she hated was gone, a win.

Arlette nodded quietly. "Of course, all of us want to be liked or at least tolerated. That is understandable. It is confusing that the girl doesn't like you and once we find the root of the problem we can work on it with her. But-- Perhaps with Cygnet is more about setting her up for success instead of failure. If she hates you so much, avoid her. Or if she is around always make sure some other wolf is there too so she can't do the behavior you see. So we only enforce the behavior we do want to see." It was just a suggestion, but she had the feeling that Cygnet was always going to be difficult. She didn't seem to have the symptoms her mother had though.

"But in that moment you didn't make me feel like you trusted my judgement," she reasoned. "You made an assumption," she stated the fact. "And while that is very admiring that you put the pup first even though you dislike her, I think it did more harm than good," she stated a little more quietly. And sure him having to learn how to deal with his temper was one thing, but Cygnet also could use some work on controlling hers.

Arlette looked at him curiously when he continued on Eshe and Akavir. The pale woman blinked at his admittance of not trusting Eshe. Was there anyone in the pack that Arric did like? Besides her? He seemed to squabble with Akavir, and have trust issues with Eshe, and then the whole thing with Cygnet. "I guess that does put things in perspective," she admitted. "It was just the timing that made it more painful," she added.

"I forgive you," Arlette said after his apology. She appreciated it that he came to apologize. She also wasn't one to stay mad for a long time but she wouldn't forget. He and Cygnet still needed to come find some common ground. Perhaps she should ask the girl why she hated Arric, but also should prepare her for incoming season. "And I will help too with Cygnet. After all we better prepare her for the fact that we are together whether she likes it or not."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He gave a nod. He knew Arlette saw it. But thus far no one could correct it. And that was the real rub he supposed.

He frowned. Part of him knew that, but also a small part of him that hurt for little ones. Thought perhaps she was really scared of him. And if see was hurt and scared. He needed to walk away, but that had had been miniscule to his, not even anger as much as blatant agitation.

No, I didn't, I do now. I shouldn't have put you in a position to deal with it on your own.

A ghost of a smile. He doubted Cygnet would ever like him or even do the behavior they wanted. Honestly, she seemed good for Arlette and even Akavir. She tolerated Sovereign and Ensio. It was just Arric she absolutely detested.

Which makes me an ass. He winced. He hadn't meant to make her feel that way. And he definitely hadn't wanted more issues with Cygnet. Seemed there was no winning here at least this time with that little girl.

If only Arlette knew how much he did trust and Like Akavir. That was his best friend. One of the wolves, besides the one in front of him. Life down immediately if it was needed.

Arric nodded. Then sighed. I think that the timing was the bad part, but that whole situation. She hurt Akavir. Another blow I don't know if he is going to handle well. I wish I could fix it for him, for you. She put her own desparation for a family above how he felt about it. And above how she felt about you. And I do mean desperation.

He frowned in thought. Trying to think of how to word it. Without it sounding like an accusation. But he couldn't not really. Eshe had made him nervous and mistrusting the minute she had almost let Cygnet die because she wanted to try and bring milk in.

When Cygnet was brought to the pack lands. And I made a decision to take her to Kvarsheim. I wasn't certain that Solaria still had milk. Eshe begged me for her. Begged me to wait until she tried to bring milk into her own body with herbs and plants. Something she didn't know if she could do or even if it was healthy. With this little girl bleeding and having not fed. Because she wanted her. And the first time I met her. She basically told me she felt worthless because she had no husband and no children. And then immediately began pursuing Akavir. Which.

He paused and rubbed his head and face. I had hoped it would help both of them in some small way. Both were lonely. And Akavir man he deserves the world. He's a shit head. But he's good apples.

He looked her over. I guess what I'm trying to say is as far as Eshe goes. Don't try and take too much blame. She has a lot to work through and I hope she can.

He smiled at her. Though it was a bit of a sad smile. A small part of him wished she hadn't forgiven him so easily. Because he'd been a heel. And she deserved better than what he had given in that moment. Even now she deserved more, but he was only a wolf. And unsure how to do better at this moment. But he would try.

Alright. Then we work on it.

He had to admit. She'd been cute angry. Now that he could be a little calmer about it. But he also didn't want to relive this ever again.

But oh something happy. Listen this could maybe wait, but before I forget. Wolf named Ameline is making a home in bearclaw valley with other wolves. I stumbled across it when I was thinking about how much you'd like the herbs they have. She asked if you'd be willing to start a garden with them and have leave to gather in their valley by doing so. They would need your help caring for it, but. Yea. I told her I'd ask you and bring you for a meet and greet.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Sorry for the delay <3

Arlette quirked up her lips slightly. "Yes, you were a little bit of an ass," she admitted. "But you apologized and warned me that you were one. So lets just focus on repairing instead of being angry at the situation." Arlette liked that might better anyway. Sure she was a little salty but she also knew that Arric had been doing his best by removing himself from the situation.

Arlette sat down to listen to Arric's story about Eshe and wanting pups. "I just wished I'd know. Then things might have been easier or I could have helped her. Or supported her, but that wasn't the case so... But it is more insightful as to why she left.' Now it didn't feel as so sudden. There had been problems before.

Arlette offered him a softer smile. "Let's work on it," she agreed with him. Then there was other surprising news. "Oh, uh. I wouldn't mind. Eshe was more of the gardener but I learned a few things," she spoke. "We do have our garden here in Swift current I could show them. Bearclaw you say? That is where my mother was born!," she stated. She wouldn't mind seeing it. "I would love to see and meeting them."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
no worries

A title of an ear. Dip of muzzle. It was true he was an ass. Though hearing her say it. It laced a small shiver of amusement up his sides. But he didn't grin even if he wanted too. Not the best plan. 

I can do that.

He shook his head. I don't think you could have Arlette. I think you may have been able to give advice and such, but Eshe needs to work on that her ownself. Find her worth without children and a mate. Or as much as I like Akavir. A mate that can help her heal. Not possibly make it worse.

And he loved Akavir that was like his brother. But there was no denying both Akavir and Eshe needed to heal thrmselves before their relationship could be a healthy one.

A smile. Alright then. I'll take you here soon. Yes Bearclaw. Her name was Ameline. Supposedly there's more. But I'm unsure of any other names.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette looked at Arric. She was glad that he apologized but now she didn't know how to continue. "I don't know what to do next. I should probably talk to Cygnet that we are together, and just ask why they dislike you so much," she offered. Maybe it was better to do that without Arric there. Cygnet was old enough to be more on her own, such things had already happened. Cygnet was more on her own often not coming home.

"I know, I know," she assured him. "It would have helped with my own expectations," she explained. "I want to check in with Akavir as well. Just to see how he is," she commented. She probably should have done that earlier but decided to let him for a bit. She knew he was a private wolf.

"I'm sure," she spoke and then looked at him. "How... How were your travels?" She knew they were suppose to go together but... perhaps it had been good that she stayed.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric wasn't sure what to do either. Though he was one who had not been untried. He was also one who had never had a serious relationship in his life. Oh sure he knew the mechanics behind it. The right things to say sometimes, but he was woefully unprepared for this specidic momwnt in time.

And the guilt was absolutely heavy. He had hirt her wothout meaning too. And he was furious at himself for it.

He hummed softly in thought. If you want me to be there I will. Though, I'm unsure if they'd listen.

Arric frowned. I'll check on Akavir too. There are somethings he may not tell you. Not because he doesn't like you or anything. Just he's pretty guarded. Theres things he doesn't even tell me and we're pretty close. Or at least we were. I believe it still holds true.

A small grin. Lonely and kinda boring. I'll have to take ya back around when we go on our trip. I'm sure Silvertongue wants to meet ya I told her about ya. And Kvarsheim. It may do some good to have you talk to them. I tend to be a little intimidating without even meaning to be and the ones that met me were young.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette appreciated te gesture of him offering to be there. "Let's go slow with her," Arlette sighed. Also because if they were going to have pups, and mated then maybe a slow progression would be better for the girl. She didn't want to just pull away and leave her feel abandoned. She would do anything to prevent that.

"But I appreciate it," she spoke. She dared to step a little closer and nudge his muzzle. "Don't feel too awful," she offered. She had the feeling he would try and make her feel better anyway. He already did that by showing up, if she was really honest.

"Well then he gets both of us," she smiled. "I know. I won't push him to talk, just to make sure he is alright." This time she would be more resilient and would be bolder to check up on him. That is something she learned with Eshe to not just assume. He would tell her if he felt that he was being watched too much.

"The silvertongue? Oh my," she returned. The one from the stories. She would be interested in meeting her. "Are you saying I am not intimidating?," she questioned but then broke into a smile. She knew she wasn't. Her strength had been in being welcoming and kind. "I'd like that," she smiled.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
A nod, a furrow of his brow. Slow was probably best. Though how slow was too slow and how fast was too fast. He wasn't sure if Cygnet would ever get into a position to like him. More so what of children. Would she hurt Arlette's children because they would be half him. Surely not. He just had to hope that Cygnet loved Arlette enough to love anything that was hers too.

A quiver in his shoulder is all that gave him away. He nudged her back. He'd have liked to pull her into a tight hug, but was unsure if that would be wanted right now. Because he had indeed missed her. Honestly, way more than he'd admit.

Arric nodded. And you know maybe he will talk to you more than me. I mean I'm a feeling guy, but sometimes. Well you need someone else to talk too.

Arric chuckled and nodded. Yea apparently she is still in Riverclan. I think you'd like her.

Arric laughed. I think. Hmm.

A teasing glint. Then he smiled sweetly. I think you could be, in the right situation. Say someone messed with Cygnet. I'm pretty certain you'd uh fu**....er i mean mess em up. I mean Lovebug you took on a mountain lion and won. I'd say you're pretty badass.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
She had noticed the shudder and wondered which thought would cause that. She decided not to ask. On the topic of Akavir she answered; "Who knows. I just hope he feels supported," she offered, that was the most important thing. That he didn't feel alone.

"Now I am curious to meet her," Arlette admitted. "Why do you think I would like her?," she asked curiously. Maybe learning a little more about her. "She is the one that knew Moss well, right?" Perhaps she could tell her more about Cygnet's mother.

"Admit it, you were totally scared to come see me!," she dared with a little grin. "Oh yeah, mother's rage. I get quite protective of my new borns," she agreed with a nod. She hoped her mouth to reply but then paused and glanced away. "Well, not quite. My mate and Aunt had to die for me. I was heavily pregnant and couldn't really fight back,"[b] she admitted. [b]"But I appreciate the thought." She had survived, and won by surviving.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled. If he can get his head out of his ass to feel it. Sure.

Though the comment was a cruel one. The affection for his friend was evident in his tone and eyes.

He shook his head. No. Silver is just a very good friend of ours, by that I mean Akavir and mine and Wren too. She just has a different way of looking at things than most and I think you'd appreciate it. Akavir the one you wanna talk to about Moss. She was his friend.

A small sheepish grin. Not even gonna lie. Terrified.

With her next words he gathered her close of she'd let him. Voice going softer. 

So not only is the woman who means everything to me a queen among them all and a bad ass her mom and auntie are too. Aces!
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette quirked up her lips. They had such an interesting friendship. Arlette listened to more info about Silvertongue. "Ohhh right," she spoke and then dipped her head. "Well, I am open to meeting her as well. Are you going to introduce me as your mate?," she asked. She noticed that piece of information down to talk with Akavir about Cygnet if she wanted more information.

Arlette shot him a big grin. "Good," she smiled. She never felt this way. Before she wouldn't want wolves to be terrified of her, but today and with Arric it was different. It showed even more of the bravery he had shown to own up to his mistake. Arlette's smile softened. "They were pretty bad ass," she had to agree. She wondered what her mother would think of Arric. Huh, she hadn't thought of her mother's approval in a long time. She figured she would disapprove, but she didn't care. She liked him.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled. I already told her you were everything. But yea you want that title too its yours and I'll gladly share that fact with well everyone.

Arric raised a wolfish brow. He'd have liked to meet her family. And he would have loved if his dad had met her. Hell his dad may have knwon her family if she was from her, but he would never know for sure 

While he was thinking of it. Speaking of, Arlette. Would you want to be elevated next to me as Beta? That's usually how this pack runs, but. I only want you to take the spot if you want it.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was kind of glad and secretly loving that he had told Silvertongue about her. "I want the title," she beamed. Because honestly, the idea of having a mate again kind of thrilled her. Not to be on her own and always having someone she could turn to. That actually sounded really nice.

She was surprised about his second question though. "Me? Beta?," she stammered. She had never mated him for his status or to reach such a status. "I wouldn't know if I would qualify as such," she spoke, she wasn't really dominant. She never considered herself to be a leader. "Can I think about it?"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric was a pretty straightforward guy. And he knew given the previous relationship of he and Silver.  Even if it was simply an FWB thing. He had to draw clear lines and let others know he wasn't on the market anymore.

A grin. He had to take a moment to cover his eyes. Taken in by the moment. Realizing he was done. She couldn't have been cuter and he was flustered.

Once he was able to regain his composure, he nodded. Course you can. And if you do want it thats great, but if you don't thats equally fine.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette lifted her head a little. "What would be expected of me?," she asked. Not sure if there are different tasks to it. She never considered herself a leader, more of a nurturing type but that could change into leadership perhaps? Maybe it would be nice if Swiftcurrent leadership had some feminine energy instead of all this masculinity. "I'm willing to try it," she offered then, decided to not overthink things and just go for it.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
A soft chuckle. 

Just making sure pack runs smoothly. Allies. Make sure the caches are filled. If there are any problems you may need to make a decision for it.

He gave a loose shrug. Pretty much what you're already doing. Check up on other pack mates, heal em etc.

Blue eyes looked over her face. For what its worth. I think you'll do amazing and probably a better calmer head than me and Akavir.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette quirked up her lips into a smile. "Oh I wouldn't mind working on allies. I might be good at that," she offered. She might be able to start with the wolves of Bearclaw and see if they were open to be allies.

"That I can do too, okay, well okay. I .. Yes, why not then," she offered. That was a new chapter, but being a mom was also a little being in charge. Maybe she could do this. "Ask Akavir what he thinks. I'm open to pick up the role."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: swearing

i already asked bts :D

Arric chuckled. You'd definitely be better than Akavir and me both. Pretty sure our slogan was. We're assholes but kinda nice assholes, or maybe it was dicks.

He frowned thinking. Unsure ehich one it was now. Hell maybe both.

Arric shot her the most ornery grin. I don't have to. Already asked him. Figured I'd straight out ask when i realized I was falling hard.