Swiftcurrent Creek Me against my head
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Private 
@Akavir Hope the light PP is okay, otherwise I will change it!

Other tag for reference!

Arlette had been looking for @Eshe. They had their heart to heart but after that she hadn't seem to find the female again. It almost felt as if Eshe's words had been untruthful to her. She wanted to dismiss it. Eshe had sounded honest about it in that moment. When she later heard that Eshe hadn't been spotted for awhile she had grown worried.

Arlette made her way to the alphas general sleeping spot. She wanted to check if Eshe maybe had returned, and that might be the first place the silver healer would go. Arlette tried to get a scent, but they were stale or non existent. Arlette frowned as she sniffed around the den. The petite woman almost jumped out of her skin when she suddenly was facing Akavir. A squeak came from her lips as she jumped back.

"Apologies! I came looking for Eshe," she spoke, it was clear in her posture that she was a little unsure around him. Her head low and shoulders hunched. She also wasn't sure if Eshe had told him everything about the conversation they had. How she had been worried for the pack.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The sound of paw steps drew him forward, hoping finally that Eshe had come home—even if she was still angry and snapping at him—it was better to know at least that she was safe.

When it was a she-wolf of ivory that met his gaze, he was about to open his mouth and announce his presence before he caught her off guard, when he did… just that. She turned, startling at the sight of him with a squeak and a cowering hunch.

Not one to usually throw his rank around and demand dominance—unless it was a trespasser or wolf on their borders—it was a strange sight. “Sorry, I wasn’t trying to sneak up on you. I thought you might have been Eshe,” he offered, tongue sliding over his lips in consideration. “She stormed off a few days ago… I haven’t seen her since…”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette shook her head quickly. "Not your fault. I was focussed on finding her scent, and I assumed you wouldn't be around the den," she told him quietly. She somehow always felt insecure around the man. Perhaps because he was so stoic and she never could read him well. It made it had for her pleasing nature to tell if he was happy with her. Somehow she wanted that approval. Maybe because he was their alpha and leader.

"But--- I saw her a few days ago, and she was in heat!," Arlette let out in astonishment. When or if she would have her heat she would make sure she wasn't anywhere close to the border. She didn't feel the need to see anyone else but... Arric. "I'm so sorry. Is it because she is still upset about the death of her father? Wait-- no she is back to Eshe," Arlette answered herself. Her red eyes curiously glanced at the man. Had he been at fault?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She was surprised by his admission—in all honesty, it baffled him too. Quietly, he watched her work her thoughts out, speaking aloud—emotions on her sleeve. He felt the quirk of his lips, but the amusement of it all only lasted so long. Given the situation, how couldn’t it?

“She’s in heat,” he confirmed, the set of his jaw tightening as his pale champagne eyes drifted away from her—believing fully he would see nothing but judgement there.

But this was what Arric had been telling him—his pack mates knew nothing about him. He kept things closer to his heart.

“We had a fight,” he offered, rolling his shoulders back to try to relieve the tension before slowly lowering himself to sit, his gaze drawing back to her. “I’ve had two litters in my life—one dead wife. My kids are scattered to the wind and the last round hate me.” He paused, that bemusement returning to pull at his lips again, though this time there was a bitterness there. “This isn’t a new conversation to us. She told me she wanted to be with me no matter what—I said I would try to warm up to the idea.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette's face twisted in worry when Akavir admitted that she was or is in heat. The female wanted to comfort him but didn't know how. He was probably sick with worry. "We should go find her!," Arlette spoke right away. "I can head out right now to find her." Arlette would do it. She would go outside of the territory to find her friend. Males could do things to her. But--- Why wasn't Akavir going after her? Had he given up?

Oh. They had a fight. She felt her heart sink. That was not good. She opened her mouth to speak but then closed it again. She inhaled softly. "I can imagine that you are hesitant about starting a family," she spoke. "Not only that, but also having to deal with a love one, your previous wife being gone. That is no small thing to overcome." Arlette's mind started to think and scan the scenario. Why wouldn't Eshe be more empathic towards that? She didn't understand.

"But the key word is here, that you would try. Since you had a fight. I assume you are still hesitant about a choice like that. Not an easy choice at that," Arlette spoke, feeling a little more confident now they were talking. This was something she knew she could do. "It almost sounds that Eshe hasn't been entirely honest about her feelings. I-- I am sorry, Akavir."

"We should try and find her. Bring her back home to you. Unless--- You don't want her to come back?," she asked quietly. She wasn't sure if he wanted her after infidelity, assuming she would being in heat.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Arlette was keen on believing they should retrieve the Alpha—that it must have been a mistake for her to wander so far, or she had disappeared—

—he saw the way realization dawned upon her, and he dipped his head lightly in quiet acquiescence. “Ibis has been dead for…” He huffed, looking to the sky with a furrow in his brow. “I’ve lost track of time. Years. Too long… sometimes it feels like only yesterday.”

He had loved her deeply. She had loved him, too, according to Teya—but he had his suspicion otherwise.

“I don’t know if she was entirely honest with herself about her feelings, Arlette,” he offered. “And she’s old enough to come home on her own. The signs lead to her leaving on her own accord,” he murmured, lifting a paw to wipe at the side of his face, weary. “She’s got her own mind and wants, Arlette. I’m not going to force someone to be here, or with me, when they don’t want to.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette watched as he spoke of his deceased wife. "You never forget a death of a loved one, Akavir," she told him. She had almost the same experience, though she never got confirmed if her mate had died. He just vanished. Arlette was pretty sure he would never leave her with young children but still, could be. She considered him gone. "And you shouldn't. They were part of your life."

Arlette nodded quietly. "That might as well be the case," she had to agree with him. "I am so sorry, Akavir. I hoped this would be something good in your life," she admitted to him. Turns out it might not be as aspected. Then again, when two wolves are together you only think of the positive effect it might have, not the negative. "I-- I don't understand why she would leave. I recently spoke to her about the value of our friendship---" Arlette stopped her sentence. It wasn't her place to speak ill or just vent. Akavir had bigger loss to deal with. She shook her head.

"I'm here for you. I am certain Arric as well," she spoke more confident now. She watched how weary he was. 'Anything I can do for you now? Perhaps some company? A distraction? A vent?"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Arlette offered her condolences—well meaning, and yet it was only just a few days ago that both she and Arric had accused the couple of never being around.

Akavir was still uncertain exactly what Arric had meant—it had been months since his travels. He had been here, helping the borders, tending a garden (or trying to) with Eshe, and trying to keep stock of the caches. He could only assume they had meant more personal time with their pack mates—the two had kept their quiet time with only one another, perhaps.

But Eshe was gone even after Arlette had reached out to her in regard to friendship. He had elevated the silver woman to Alpha next to him—and she had walked out on all of her pack mates.

He rolled his shoulders back, trying to loosen the tension he felt before his gaze trailed over the sincere look upon the Gamma’s face. “Thanks, Arlette, but I’m just trying to stay busy, for now. Hopefully, when Eshe comes back, she can make it up to you.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette disliked that Akavir was hurting and that he was clearly trying to stay strong. But she also wasn't one to push and make him talk. She would respect that he drew a line. She wouldn't cross it.

She dipped her muzzle. "I know it is easy to focus on work but it might be good to feel the emotions. Though I understand that you might not feel comfortable with me," she admitted. She was okay with it. They hadn't been that close, but perhaps this could change that.

"You would allow her back when she returns?," she asked, a little surprised. But then again they were mated. Their bond was different. She wondered what she would have done in his situation. "Yes, I hope so," she decided then. If eshe came back though. "Alright, I just-- I have medications that can help you. I can be discreet if you need anything," she offered then. "But you can also tell me to back off if you don't want help. I won't be offended. "
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He nodded quietly, listening to her words, even though he knew exactly what he was going to do—he was going to take those emotions and stuff them right back down the hole they were trying to crawl out of, and just seal that pain away.

Arlette did seem surprised about Eshe coming back—his brows furrowing slightly. He didn’t know what Eshe was up to—was he mad that she skipped out of the pack during her heat for days and told no one where she was? Absolutely.

But they were mated—“Can’t work through things if we don’t talk it out,” he murmured idly. The rift might be too large... but they had made a promise to one another.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette dipped her head when Akavir spoke. He didn't say much but when he did, he sounded wise. It was probably the influx of trauma inflicted upon him by various wolves. "That is a wise thing to say. Well, like I said, if you need someone to talk let me know," she offered kindly. She hoped that he would allow her to help but if he didn't she wouldn't be offended. Sometimes it took time before someone would be able to open up about things.

"Alright, well. I won't bother you anymore then," she stated, clearly not mad or upset. She just wanted to offer her help. "Take care, Akavir," she spoke. With that she stepped away and went her own path.

Arlette exit! Since this one was getting a little old! Feel free to reply or archive!!