Swiftcurrent Creek what was i made for?
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
All Welcome 
Revelations in the past few days had rocked her to her core—albeit happily. She lingered only shortly thereafter in the valley, trying to find her old haunts and trails. Once she'd conceded it had been too long ago—and too tumultuous a time in her young life—to really remember, Lilitu was on her way.

Her breath came short and fast as she approached the border, the sound of the creek a gentle murmur in the backdrop. She licked dry lips and howled for @Akavir. She smelled that other man's scent here, too, so she knew his words to be true.

How else would he have known her name, though—let alone the place of her birth?

For the first time in a while, she faced the prospect of reunion with her family. Lilitu only hoped she did not bring inevitable death and destruction to their doorstep, the way she had done to the wolves of Sapphique.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The days blurred by—as they would. Certainly, he felt the ache of the cold and emptiness of the den the two had shared together. A sweeping gaze would still see bits of @Eshe in certain aspects of their home—sprigs of herbs, the soft touches of a woman.

But he had not lied when he had thanked her for revealing her true self before they had truly solidified one another into each others lives. It hurt now—but it was clearly for the best.

When the call of a familiar voice echoed through the air, though, he gave pause, muzzle jerking outside the den to consider the possibilities—surely, after so many months… was she truly?

His own call resounded quickly—telling her he was on his way. And on his way he was—his sprint not stopping until the familiar dark form of his eldest daughter came to him—and then his pace slowed, concern etching upon his features as his stomach felt it dropped right to his toes at the scarred visage.

“Who did this to you, baby girl?”

He’d kill them.

He’d torture them. And then he would kill them.
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
The sight of him made her heart skip a beat. A thrill ran through her, followed almost immediately by dismay at the look on his face. 

Lilitu knew he was surprised, angered—not ashamed. Not possibly ashamed. But she felt enough shame in her face that she couldn't help but project, and lowered her gaze—only to bring it up again when he spoke.

A bear, Papa, she replied ruefully. Nothing you or I can do about it, now.

The bear had left, but had taken lives in its destructive wake. She thought of that blood-stained beach, the cries of terror, and openly shuddered, shaking her head.

Tears, then, welled up in her one eye. I've missed you, Lilitu murmured. I'm sorry I didn't come around sooner. She stepped forward, hoping to find his embrace.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The lowering of her eyes as he looked upon her, incredulous that any being dared lay harm to her—it broke him. There was a sharp inhale given by the man, and before he could move forward, she spoke of a bear—and he felt the curl of his lip.

She felt nothing could be done of it. He disagreed. But that was not for her to worry about.

Instead, he gathered her fiercely to him, cheek pressed to her own, holding back the smallest frown from his features. “I’m just glad you’re back now,” he offered, giving her a small squeeze before pulling back. “Stay?”
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
Being in her father's embrace made her feel small again, in a good way. As if all these awful things hadn't happened and she was still young—and there was still time to make things right.

I will, she promised fervently. Where else would she go? She smiled broadly at him. Of course I will.

She nodded into the territory, then shifted her gaze back to him. How are things here, Papa? she asked. I'm so happy you've still got this pack. Running into Viinturuth was crazy!
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She would stay.

If relief had ever blanketed him before, it was never as euphoric as this. The knowledge that at least one of his children was safe—that they had come home—was more than he could have asked for in the dreary days that had recently passed.

“Good,” he uttered, clearing his throat from the emotion he felt while pulling back to look at her. Viinturuth was mentioned, and the man gave a quirk at the corner of his lips. “He acts as a ranger, mostly, for us—he never could stay put for long. But he told me he ran in to you…”

The call of a crow stirred him to shift his weight, causing his pale eyes to glance up briefly, noting the cloudy sky. Spring was coming. Perhaps, this meant that warmth and promise were right around the corner.

“There are many things I should fill you in on,” he admitted then, squaring his gaze back to her. “You’re an older sister, for one… Though, none of them live here, any longer.”

And now it was time to lay out his failures for his world to see.
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
More family. Warmth bloomed within her for the briefest of moments before it was tempered, slightly—both by Akavir's amendment and the way he said it.

Oh, Papa, she murmured. I'm sorry. I know that must be hard. And I know that Arielle and me going away was hard on you, too.

Lilitu brushed her shoulder against his, casting her muzzle against his cheek. 

Really, she promised, I'm here for a long while. There's nowhere else I'd rather be.

Which was, admittedly, a low bar, considering she hardly wanted to be anywhere at all—but perhaps he'd appreciate the sentiment all the same.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Marking her as SCC, unless I misinterpreted! Lmk if that wasn't what she meant by staying for awhile. <3

His chin tilted, his cheek pressing closer to hers and his own form wrapping around her in a quiet embrace. He chuckled quietly—though it wasn’t from amusement. Instead, it felt much like getting his hand caught in the cookie jar—the failures of his life now caught up to him and on display.

“I’m just glad you’re home,” he offered, pulling back to look her over once more. Physically, she seemed okay—in the sense she would survive. But was she coping okay? “But I guess I have a lot of things I should tell you about…”

And that he would—at least the rudimentary notes of it all. Of his casual interlude with Jakoul, of his two sons and youngest daughter. Of their departures—of Mae's anger. Of his journey to Akashingo, because of his worry for her... Of what he had found out of Akashingo's debaucheries and the falling of the alliances in the valley packs. Of Eshe—and her leaving.

All of it—it should have lifted a certain burden, holding on to the thoughts and events in his life. It didn't.

Instead, he simply felt numb.
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
you were absolutely right to do so! <3

She let him spill his guts—whatever he needed to. She took in the information about her new half-siblings, his struggle with mates, the evolution of the creek. . .

Oh, Papa, she murmured at some point, pressing her muzzle against his shoulder. I'm sorry. If you ever want to talk more about it, I'm here.

Lilitu was exhausted, but she was more than ready to stay awake to speak to her father.

wanna fade here?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
“That,” he offered, leaning into the warm embrace of his daughter—a flood of gratitude surging through him. “Is all that matters right now,” he offered before placing a father’s kiss to the crown of her head. “Let’s get you settled in, yeah?”

With her staying, they had all the time and more to catch up. For now, he knew she needed rest.