Swiftcurrent Creek fresh out the slammer
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Private 
After their fun, @Argent and Eshe parted ways, promising each other they'd meet back at the Hoshor Plains after telling their respective parties what had happened and how they were moving forward.

She had taken her time to return to Swiftcurrent Creek; her heat was long gone, and the morning sickness had already begun. Along the way, she washed herself in whatever body of water she could find. While Eshe didn't want to erase Argent's scent from herself, she didn't want to add insult to injury when confronting @Akavir.

Before seeking her husband, Eshe sought her garden, picked sprigs of whatever plants she thought would be helpful during her pregnancy, and wrapped the sprouts in a deer hide. She was quick to do this, and most likely missed some key items, but she didn’t want to get caught by one of her packmates.

When she was ready—or ready as she'd ever be—she stood upon the borders with the parcel between her paws and howled for Akavir.

We need to talk.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He wasn’t far from her call when it echoed across the creek—and while his paws were quick, it was his heart that was the most rapid. The days had passed—and sure enough, he knew, she would return without her heat, having ensured she stayed from him the entirety of the time since that morning.

He had asked her a question, and had received her anger and the flash of her fangs and jaws in response. Now, she called to him as if she were a visitor upon their borders—a stranger.

And when she came to view—well groomed, and the wolfish version of a suitcase packed in finality, he realized that just maybe… Just maybe she was a stranger to him.

What concern and warmth he might have greeted her with in one moment shifted to confusion—and then a carefully placed stoical mask.

There was a lot to be said in this moment—‘where have you been? Are you hurt? Why does it look like you’re leaving? Why did you run out on your pack and leave everyone to worry?’

Instead, he lifted his head—eyes sweeping over her immaculately groomed self. “So, what… You’re just giving up and leaving?”

'I want a happy family, Akavir … a husband, children—all of it. We’ve both made sacrifices for this, whatever this was, to get to where we are now. I can’t just throw that away because I want something. We’ve put time and effort and love into this, and I can’t give it up that easily. I won’t.'

He had believed those words. Now, they just rang hollow.

She hadn't even given him a chance to full on say no to having children with her.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
There were so many things in this situation that’d gone astray, and Eshe knew she was responsible for her part in this. Did it make facing Akavir any easier? Of course not, and it was something that she would regret for a long time.

When Akavir arrived, she had her own questions—Why didn’t you come and look for me? Did you even love me? Or was I just another woman you didn’t want to leave?

Instead, she inhaled sharply and nodded. I can’t do this anymore, Akavir—we both need to find people more suited for us. And I don’t think you’re that person for me.

I’m tired of wearing you down—trying to get my way by the constant bickering. It isn’t fair to either of us.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language

She nodded at him—she confirmed that she was leaving.

His heart plummeted, but he wasn’t surprised.

It was when she continued—tried to justify it that drew confusion from him. “Constant bickering?” He questioned it—were her memories different than his, or was she simply trying to save face at this point?

His eyes lingered to the herbs at her feet. The set of her jaw—the determination in her eyes. If this was a ploy to get him to beg her to stay—a strong arm… she would be deeply disappointed in his reaction.

“You know what, Eshe,” he began, the words feeling heavy on his tongue as his brain tried to catch up to the hammering within his chest. “Thank fuck that we didn’t have kids, if you just run away at the first bit of conflict.”
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
”Constant bickering?” he asked.

Yes—whenever I’ve brought up children, I feel like I’m constantly nagging at you, she replied. I’m tired of it, like I’m chasing a dream that’s never going to happen, she thought she could change him, but she’d been wrong. There was no changing his mind.

The next thing Akavir said cut deep; she felt it in her heart and flinched as tears came. There was nothing she could say in return; nothing she felt could hurt as much as he had hurt her. So, instead. She leaned over, picked up her bag, and once she stood up again, she said, Goodbye, Akavir. There was nothing more for her here—not anymore. Then, as tears threatened to spill, she abruptly turned on her heel and headed away from the creek. Regardless of what was said in the aftermath, nothing deterred her from getting away from him as quickly as possible.

It was only when she was miles away that she stopped and allowed herself to cry.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
ilu boo

Nagging him about kids—when she had said she wanted him over kids, and he wanted to make her happy.

Their beginning had been the start of their end—he hadn’t been dishonest when he had said give him time. That moment he had scented her in their den, the panic and upset had been real—he had asked her what would happen if he did fuck up their kids.

She had let him know how she felt by doing this.

He watched her go—a farewell by words was unnecessary for him in this moment. He could see now that she wasn’t who he thought she was. That Arric had seen something—and he had defended her anyway—

—and he truly was grateful that they hadn’t had kids. Because this was inevitable in the end.

He turned, then, and sought the solitude of the swiftly running creek. The noise of rushing water—the familiarity that surrounded him.

He had survived worse than this. At least, that was what he told himself in the moment.