Swiftcurrent Creek you aren't the kind of boy who should be marrying the wrong girl
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Private 
@Akavir!

It'd been a few days since Eshe had bathed, so she stole away to the creek's shore early in the morning to do her beauty routine. It was a multi-step process that often took an hour, but she felt it was worth the effort. She always felt her best after the fact, and the effects lasted a few days.

Her process began as she rubbed herself against the roughest tree trunk she could find to exfoliate her entire body. Once she was done, she washed herself off. Then she proceeded to her favorite step: rolling in a pile of lavender and marigold petals. The marigold was to prevent infection if she happened to knick herself, and the lavender was used for its calming properties and because she loved how it smelled.

She took her time rolling in it, enjoying how the petals caught in her fur and the flower's collective scent.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
885 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He had kept his solitude upon his return—time spent with the kids, though something felt off—his mind disquieted with the knowledge he had gained from the journey. Uncertain what to do with it all—and so he compartmentalized it for now, placing it inside a tiny part of his mind, locking it away and all but sitting on the key.

What he hadn’t forgot, though, was the silver she-wolf whom had gathered his attention just prior his departure. Wide and innocent brown eyes with freckles that graced her muzzle and cheek bones—it was usually met with a sting of guilt or discomfort, given his feelings for Silvertongue—unrequited, and thus, misery.

So when he rounded past a tree, about to brush his scent upon it, he did a double take when Eshe’s own mingled softly upon it—and pale champagne eyes glanced up sharply, falling upon her as she sprawled upon the soft grass, still damp from a wash, and he found himself fascinated for a moment… and reluctant to interrupt her, lest his presence stir discomfort in her after their last meeting.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Akavir had returned from Akashingo and withdrawn from the pack to spend more time with his children. Given how quickly they grew, it was understandable that he did.

Whenever Eshe was tempted to visit them, she reminded herself that they were his priority, and she was just a foolish woman chasing after someone who'd rejected her. They deserved their privacy, and she respected that.

She had nearly finished applying her perfume when he stilled and was lying on her back when he stilled. Her eyes were closed, and she focused on the process, so it took her a moment before she became aware of his presence.

Suddenly flustered, her eyes shot open, his silhouette blurry as her vision cleared.

"H-Hey," Eshe greeted awkwardly, remaining on her back as she struggled to speak. "Welcome back."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
885 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He remained partially leaning against the trunk of the tree—eyes studying her and when she saw him, perhaps he should have felt a surge of embarrassment at being caught so openly watching her… but he didn’t.

In many ways, since his return, he felt hollow.

Yet the stammer of her words—was it how he had come upon her that drew that, or from there last conversation? Wide eyes to him, still sprawled upon her back, and he found a slow grin pressing to the corners of his mouth—casual. A spark of sincerity.

“Hey,” he returned, his tone soft as he pushed from the trunk of the tree, eyes sweeping over her and beginning to close the distance between the two. Her heat gone now—his head clearer, at least when it didn’t involve everything he had learned and witnessed over the past few weeks. Idly, he wondered if she had sought comfort in another afterward—Arric, perhaps?

He couldn’t tell, yet. It would never be his place to ask. “How are you?”
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Akavir's smile settled Eshe's nerves somewhat, but she still felt an anxiousness linger in the back of her mind. She'd eventually address it, but now wasn't the time—especially when she found it difficult to think straight when he was around.

She rolled onto her stomach and grinned as he approached. "I'm better," she admitted, "Less wild and more normal." It was an easy jab at herself, and she would always seize the opportunity to bring herself down a peg.

"How're you and the kids?" and then she remembered: "I met one of them while you were away. He was sweet but didn't say anything, so I never got his name."

"And your trip? How'd that go?"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
885 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
‘Less wild, more normal.’ “Well, we happen to like wild,” he murmured, a glint flashing in his eyes. “Pack of assholes, remember?” He didn’t like that she jabbed herself—and he certainly did enjoy seeing her a bit more flustered. Far too interested in seeing it, if he were honest.

He sobered slightly at the discussion of his trip—and the silence of his kids. His smile weakened, and he shrugged, trying to mask the unease that entered his mind at the thought of the redstone walls. “It was… Not a place I want to see my pack affiliated with,” he offered, uncertain how to truly speak of such a place. “I’m glad it’s many days away from here.”

And then—the topic of his kids. His eyes slid over her, considering a moment. “Yeah… They’re pretty quiet. After their mom left the boys have been withdrawn, and my daughter is…” He gave a derisive snort. “Well, let’s just say I’m not the popular one with her because I’m the one that has to come down on her… But she has her fun uncle Arric, so at least there’s that.”

And then, a thought, and his ear gave an idle flick. “We’ve been a pack that’s had… a lot of bad things happen, lately,” he offered… again, vague. “It would be nice to focus on something more positive. Are you familiar with Kvarsheim and Riverclan? They’re our allies in the valley. I’ve been wanting to organize a large pack get together… a summer festival of sorts.”
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
“Pack of assholes, remember?” Yeah, Eshe remembered.

"Maybe I'll let loose a little, then," she replied, "Be a little less predictable." She felt a thrill towards stepping out of her comfort zone and acting in a way that benefitted her more often—even if she'd been burned the last time. Her tail tapped against the ground, and she thought of ways that they could explore that side of her.

His re-cap of her trip left her with more questions than answers, but she didn't press for further details.

There was something attractive about the way Akavir talked about his children, and Eshe listened to what he said with rapt interest.

"I'm so sorry you all went through that," nobody deserved to be abandoned like that—especially children. "I couldn't imagine how hard that was." She had been fortunate to grow up in a stable household; the idea of one of her parents vanishing made her sick to her stomach.

When he described his relationship with his daughter, she smiled knowingly. "Being the tough one is hard, but she'll come around someday." There were times when she stepped up and kept her siblings in line, and it never got easier. "I've had to parent many of my siblings to learn that."

Although Eshe didn't know much about Riverclan, mentioning Kvarsheim lifted her spirits. "I know Gunnar—he's very nice." They'd had a pleasant afternoon together and had plans to explore once his children were a little older. "We have plans to visit the ocean later this year! He knows the way, and I've never been and have always wanted to see it, so we decided to go."

"A festival would be wonderful. Do you have any ideas for what we'd do?" She stood and shook some petals off of her. "And if you don't, I'm more than happy to help. I've planned some pack events and love to help get things in order."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
885 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He’d known her for all of five minutes but Akavir had a feeling there was nothing predictable about the she-wolf in front of him. Flirting had never been his strong suit—and he found himself at a loss, particularly now when mother nature was no longer drawing her to him.

He couldn’t speak of her condolences to the situation his children were now in—it had been hard for them, and continued to be hard for them. And he didn’t know how to navigate that—and when he opened his mouth to admit such, he found himself… not.

Who wanted to admit how much of a failure they were?

Instead: “From a big family, then?”

A small bit of information from her, dangled before him. And when she mentioned she could help planning a valley gathering, he found himself visibly relaxing. “I was hoping you’d offer. Because I don’t know a thing about event planning.” But he did know the creek needed this—something like this—to distract them. That not everything was about fighting, being abandoned and dead coyote kits on their borders.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
"Big family, then?" Akavir asked.

Eshe didn't blame him for diverting the subject of their conversation. She wouldn't want to talk about it, either.

"Huge" she answered. "As of this year, there are thirty-one of us." That was the number, right? It was difficult for her to keep track of everybody.

Eshe recognized Akavir's relief after she had offered to help, and her grin widened as her mind went to work. "What's the prey like around here?" she asked, assuming he knew better than her. "Anything big?"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
885 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Thirty-one.

He offered a low whistle. “And here I thought my parents had done decently,” he mused, though again, the shielding of any form of dark thoughts. Constantine and Durnehviir had been in love, surely—but it had also been tumultuous at times, and downright corrupted.

Another reminder of the things he had not wanted to be in life—and yet, here he stood—widowed, two missing daughters and three newly broken children.

“Decent. Ungulates,” he offered, and with a lift of his paw, he gestured they perhaps walk and talk—trying to tell himself it wasn’t that he was interested in finding out just how good she smelled up close after her little pamper session. “We can also offer fish, maybe—@Shardik was going to see if he could find a way to set up traps for them.”

Tag for reference
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
"They're insane." They were a baby-making factory at this point.

"But ... " she hesitated, simultaneously flustered and proud for what she was about to admit. "I envy them—they're so in love," and getting more action than she could ever achieve. "And they've created a family with so much love." At this point, Eshe wasn't sure if she'd ever have a family.

When they began to walk, she kept his pace, walking close enough for their fur to occasionally touch. It was thrilling, and she quickly glanced at him, wondering if he felt like she did.

"Food brings wolves together," she said. "Each pack can bring prey to share, and we can feast, mingle, and have a good time." A sly smile crossed her lips. "I could even ferment some fruit if we want to have a really good time."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
885 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Wistful almost in the moment—Akavir had wanted a large family… with Ibis. And then when that had not only crumpled apart but she had died, he found himself realizing that Eshe’s parents might have been the goal for so many of them, but only a handful achieved such a thing.

It was a sobering thought.

Eshe mentioned a grand feast would be ideal—Akavir considered. “Perhaps hosted in Wapun Meadow, then,” he murmured, casting her a sideways glance to see what she would think. That was when she spoke of providing the option of fermented food—and he found himself quiet for a moment, the curl of his lips indicating his amusement. No, she was far from predictable. “Are you trying to get me drunk, Eshe?”
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
"It's perfect," Eshe replied excitedly; she could see his vision. The rows of flowers would be the perfect decor, the area was large enough to accommodate a gathering, and (selfishly) it was an chance to gather some of the low-stock supplies that grew in the meadow. "Are you sure you haven't planned an event before?" she asked, lifting a brow as she bumped her shoulder against his.

"Are you trying to get me drunk, Eshe?" Akavir asked, and Eshe laughed.

"What if I am?" she challenged with a mischievous glint in her eyes.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
885 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
At her playful accusation of withholding party planning experience from her, he snorts, a light shrug lifting and a raising of his brows—as if to say she just would never know. It did seem a proper venue for the valley, though—the most middle ground between the trio of packs with the most open space.

And then, a challenge to him, and he felt his smirk broaden. “Then I suspect that means I’ll get to steal at least a little of your time during said party,” he offered, gaze boring down upon her. “Gives me something to look forward to.”
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Yes … the first line is a variation of a Taylor Swift lyric.

Eshe was a moth to the flame, and Akavir held the matches.

"I can arrange that," She replied, "I know of a place where we can sneak away—it’s got a nice view of the wildflowers, and its secluded."

Or, better yet: "I'll need somebody to taste test it before I serve it ...” she suggested, voice quieting as she leaned closer to him and looked up at him with large, doe-like eyes. "Is that something you could help me out with?"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
885 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Big brown eyes—a cleared mind compared to their previous meeting—it might have felt a small moment to an onlooker or even to Eshe, but to Akavir it was certainly something large and meaningful. The corner of his lips quirked in a small smirk, though his eyes remained intent upon her. Was he reading too far into this?

“Are you saying you want me to steal more of your time before this big shindig between the valley packs?” He paused, taking a step closer to her, muzzle tilting down, tracing the wildflower scent of her. “I’ll assist in whatever way I can.”
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
When it came to love infatuation—whatever this was—she had a one-track mind. This was why his initial rejection had been so complicated; she hadn't been able to let go of all hope about them.

"I am," Eshe confirmed in a shuddered whisper, lifting and angling her chin so that their lips almost touched. "But I have to warn you—I might need to steal a lot of your time. It's a very arduous and involved process." Although the desire to go into detail about the fermenting process and what they'd need to accomplish, she knew it'd ruin the mood.

"We could even get started now if you wanted."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
885 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
How unfortunate for you, was his glib reply, and yet so very fortunate for him. Her breath brushed against his whiskers—idly, he wondered if he licked his lips, would he taste her there…

… and so another smile curled to his lips. He would do this the proper way—if that was where this was going—and took a sidestep, cheek just barely grazing to her ears before he gave a rumbling croon. Guess we can start preparations now, he offered, amusement pulling at his tones. Screw chivalry and all that… But we’d best move on to something, or else I’m going to try to steal a kiss from you, Eshe. 

He wanted to give her space to consider it—to remember that not only did he come with a ton of emotional baggage that she hadn’t even heard of, but three small kids to boot.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
"How unfortunate for you," Akavir said.

"Very," Eshe replied, wondering what he had in store for her.

"Guess we can start preparations now, " he said, grazing the fur around her ears with his breath. "But we'd best move on to something, or else I'm going to try to steal a kiss from you, Eshe." The ball was in her court; she smirked and drew her tongue around her lips, already knowing how to proceed. Being here in the position she'd wanted to be in since they'd met was strange, but she didn't overthink it—how could she when all she could think about was how he'd feel on top of her?

"Is that so?" Eshe mused, honey-brown eyes round with mirth as she took him in. She didn't even consider his baggage—everything she knew was either a nonissue or had already been accepted.

She reached up and nipped his chin with a growl, teasing and rough. When she let go, her lips moved closer to his, inviting him to do what he warned her.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
885 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Coy—she egged him on, and he found amusement pulling at the corner of his lips. Eshe was a breath of fresh air in so many ways—confident in a way that was sexy and yet her kindness showed through. A woman who wore her heart on her sleeve.

For a moment, he could have regretted that he hadn’t taken her up on her offer prior—that she wasn’t rounding with his pups. He knew at the heart of it, it was best this way, given his trio of pups were hurting in so many ways from so many different things—primarily, a missing mother and a previously absent father.

What would they think of the carefree healer before him?

She nipped at him, a crooning growl and he was swift in his descent, his mouth moving to capture her with a brazen kiss—his own chest vibrating with a rumble as he would move to nip heatedly at her cheek, only grazing—and yet tasting.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
There was passion in his kiss that she’d never tasted before—a duality of fire and ice, burning hot and chilling her to her core. She returned it in fervor, going tit for tat until he pulled away. She watched him, grinning like a fool, and briefly closed her eyes as she relished in it.

This all felt like a dream, and she didn’t want to wake up.

She grazed his cheek with her teeth, and worked her way up his face, kissing him every so often until her mouth was next to his ear. “I’m ready,” she said confidently—and meant so many things with those three words. She was ready for this, for them, for whatever obstacles they’d meet. But, she wondered, was he?

”I know where we can find some fruit,” she didn’t, but that wasn’t the point. ”It’s nice, cozy, and secluded …”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
885 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He chuckled—the lure of her words implying far more, and yet it was safe to say Akavir would keep them to the task at hand. If he were to truly see something form before them—it had to be different than before—of the ways he had initiated his relationships.

All of them, it seemed.

She would also prove to make such a feat extremely complicated.