Swiftcurrent Creek rattling your ground
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Joining 
@akavir!

After a few days of staying at the creek, Eshe decided to join the pack. She'd taken her time in exploring and familiarizing herself with the territory. There were many different herbs to collect and organize, and she had even found a place to establish a garden. All she had to do was tell Akavir, and then she could start the job. She had tried to lose herself in planning the garden to forego the longing that lingered in her mind, but she couldn't shake the feeling.

Eshe had been following his scent trail, eager to let him know what she'd decided and her plans, but as she came closer, she felt something twist in her gut. She paused, frowning, as she glanced toward her abdomen. There had been several indications lately that her season was coming, but she had ignored them—maybe that was the reason behind her deep and intense thirst.

She was like a woman who got her period while wearing white pants; of course, it happened now. Feeling a distinct sting of panic, she turned from the path she was following and bolted towards the river. Her scent was beginning, and she hoped that staying near the water would lessen the intensity of it—at least until she could get her thoughts in order.

Eshe's mind was far from orderly. As she ran, she thought of him, even though he was explicitly off limits because of what she assumed.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The humidity had cleared after the thunderstorm before—his thoughts strayed to the silver woman who nestled within the abandoned den of his cousin, wondering if she was considering staying. Her easy going nature had been a nice change compared to the dreary drama that seemed to encompass the creek—so he found it hard to believe such a beacon of light would wish to stay amongst the shadows. 

He loped toward the creek—having promised his kids later he would take them to it if the waters were shallow enough and the current less… but from a quick glance afar, after such a rainstorm, it didn’t seem promising. 

That was when a swift form of quicksilver darted by—champagne eyes following her slim figure and at first mistaking for @Silvertongue—feeling that heated pull the Riverclan woman had on him instantly. 

Only when he quickened his steps and drew nearer did he realize his mistake—and then concern flared in him. Eshe, hey, he called out, eyes sweeping back to ensure she wasn’t being chased. Hold on, you okay?
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
"Eshe, hey. Hold on, you okay?" What a loaded question.

Eshe knew she couldn't keep running if she wanted a place in his pack.

She slowed to a stop and then turned to face him, avoiding his gaze as she attempted to steady her breath. "Hey," there was a nervousness to her voice. "Uh ... yeah, kinda," Her tail tucked between her legs and her ears flattened as she wrangled the temptation within her. "I ... was just heading to the creek ... to ... wash myself off." Eshe left it at that as her eyes slowly wandered, moving up his body with an admiring gleam. She was weak and already losing control of herself.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
This wasn’t the easy going girl he had talked to says before, it seemed—hell, had they ruined her already?

His eyes roved over her—not yet privy to the true reasons of her discomfort, and taking a tentative step forward. Did you… want me to see if Arlette is available? She’s our healer. If you’re not feeling well…? Another skim of his gaze.

She seemed to want to be alone—and he would respect that. Just be careful in the creek. Sometimes, the current catches you by surprise… Especially after a storm like we just had. His tone was a soft rumble—his gaze drifting from her to once more look the direction she had come, as if trying to determine the quirkiness of this scenario.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Akavir offered his medic's services and advice regarding the creek's current. Eshe wondered if he knew what was happening and if he could smell what she could, despite it being faint. She knew it was only a matter of time until he found out if he hadn't already, so she took a deep breath and met his gaze. She lost herself momentarily, eyes wide with longing and desire, as he looked over his shoulder.

"Akavir, I'm going into ... heat," she admitted, nearly blurting it out. "I was actually coming to find you, to tell you I wanted to join, but then it started." Eshe gestured vaguely towards her abdomen.

"I don't want to cause any issues," I just want you. "So I was going to see if I could wash myself off and find something to mask my scent."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Muzzle swinging back to her, he was about to give her the space she seemed to crave when she blurted out her real intentions—and as if mother nature were a teasing entity, a light breeze swept past—and there it was.

“Oh,” he offered, rather unintelligibly.

And then he did back up a pace—eyes sweeping over her once more, and then, jaw set, glanced to the distance of the creek. “Sorry. Offer still stands—to join, and… if you want me to go get our healer.”

If she wanted a conversation with another she-wolf, perhaps?

Then—interested in the answer, he glanced back to her, brows arching up. “What issues do you think you’re going to cause?”
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language and suggestive … things.

"You don't have to be sorry," Eshe replied. "This isn't your fault at all. I'm the problem if we're being totally honest with ourselves."

Her mind switched gears when Akavir asked what issues she would cause, and everything she'd tried to suppress returned with a vengeance. "I don't want to be a homewrecker," she said simply. "You have children, and I assume they have a mother." She stepped closer, straddling a dangerous line.

"But, fuck, I want you." Her words were spoken in tones she hadn't uttered in years, deep, sultry, with an intense desire that surprised her. "I know we've only just met and you’d be my alpha if you accepted me into the pack—but I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t, especially after all of this,” she knew this was something she’d drive herself crazy ruminating about this once her mind was clear, ”and this is ridiculous—but I've got to be honest with you."

"I was trying to avoid you because I knew I couldn't control myself for long around you." This was his chance to getaway while he could.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language.

She moved toward him—lissome—inviting, without even trying to be, he knew. His eyes roved over her with a glint—surely, Silvertongue’s scent still clung to him from their little rendezvous only a little while ago.

He was about to talk—but she floored him with her admittance: ‘But, fuck, I want you.’ A straight forward notion, and again, something he assumed flared to life with the coming of her season.

“Eshe,” he murmured—his tone deep with a growing temptation, his muscles coiling with the tension that began to coil within him. Tension he had only released a day before, with another woman beneath him. Which in part stemmed from Wren’s now dwindling heat.

What the fuck was wrong with him?

“I’ve got a lot of baggage, sweetheart,” he began, eyes trailing over her, a sharp exhale given as he steeled himself. Sweetheart? As if placing an endearing term upon her would make this easier for her to hear. “I’m… I’m a widower. A father twice over—and my kids this year, well, their mom just disappeared… They see me so little as it is… I can’t take more time from them. I won’t.” He could feel the words dying in his throat—his eyes once more grazing the freckles along the gentle slope of her muzzle and cheeks, wondering what it would be like to kiss them.

“I can’t give you kids, Eshe. I can… I can help tide things over for you… Or you can seek someone else… But I can’t be that guy.”
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language!

Akavir had baggage, none of which bothered Eshe. Everybody had baggage—she had plenty of her own. "I don't care about all of that. It doesn't bother me." There was an undertone of desperation to her words; she could feel the rejection through the haze. She began to crumble under the weight of his refusal. The embarrassment, shame, and evidence of other women upon his fur were piling on, and she quickly sobered.

Fuck—this hurt.

"No, you don't have to do anything," she replied, voice quiet as she took a step back and looked down at her paws. "You've already done enough for me."

Eshe had been sold on living here, and there was no going back on that commitment. It would be too much of a blow to lose so much in one fell swoop. "I'd still like to join ... if you'll have me." She bit her lower lip, distracting herself from tears welling in her eyes. She couldn't—and she wouldn't—allow herself to cry in front of him.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language and implications.

He swallowed—the tears that threatened her eyes. A certain magnetic pull—and another step was taken, tentatively, a breaths pace away and she smelled like fresh rain water. He wanted to ask to kiss her—knowing very well he shouldn’t—and wouldn’t. It was much like Jakoul all over again, playing with fire and seeing just how much they could tame the flames in one another.

He could taste the freckles along her cheek bones. Pull her to him—nestle her into him and show her a way of passion that would not risk children—

—Fuck he was such an asshole.

His jaw grated—he took a step back, and another. “Of course you can stay,” he rasped, clearing his throat, exhaling sharply. “Pack of assholes, remember? We can use all the help we can get…”
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Last post from me!

"Pack of assholes, remember?" How could she have forgotten? Eshe grimaced at the reminder and took another step back. "Yeah, I remember," she replied, her voice quiet and full of hurt. "Thanks. I'll do my part." She shook her fur to steel her nerves, glanced over his shoulder, and towards the path leading back to her den.

”I should get going—I shouldn't be out and about in my condition." The days ahead would be in isolation; there was too much risk going out all willy-nilly. "If you need me, I'll be at my den. I've picked a plot of land to start a garden and need to get some herbs planted—I'll pay a visit to @Arlette and get her input." Eshe briefly fixed him with a longing look, unable to contain the whine that slipped from his lips. Despite everything, she still wanted him—but she couldn't have him.

”See you around." Defeated, she turned and went home, deciding to take the path that bent away from him.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
883 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She left—offering a few helpful thoughts—but she left. And if she didn’t look like a kid that just got their lollipop stolen, he didn’t know what did—and that was like a sucker punch to the stomach.

When she was from his view, he released a quiet groan—eyes lifting skyward, questioning if there were a higher power and if this was their way of getting a good few laughs at his expense.

Arric would have a field day with him, he knew.

And now, he sought the Beta out—he would need to step away for a little while, and now seemed to be as good a time as any.