Swiftcurrent Creek Hear my words that I might teach you.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
All Welcome 
Arric moved through the pack lands a burning irritation in his guts. Akavir had told him no that he couldn't come and then he had taken the newest member, or well semi-newest member taht they really knew nothing about that had been in bed literally with the cowboy bastard.

And part of him. Sure he was glad that Akavir had someone to watch his back, but also there was so much that needed done here. Caches need filled. Dens need dug. There are probably going to be more babies and he just felt the responsibilities on his shoulder larger than he had anticipated lately and it made his back ache.

He growled lowly and headed towards the river, maybe if he dunked his head and attempted to meditate his sorry ass would stop whining in his head and he could actually get some work done.

So he dunked his head. Kept it under as long as he could stand. And then with a shake of his large head, he stood and took even breaths inhale, exhale over and over again with closed eyes.
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Eshe left her den for the first time since her acceptance into Swiftcurrent Creek. Although she was still in the midst of her heat, she was growing restless and felt the need to distract herself and walk off some of her pent up energy. She headed in the direction of the stream with a bundle of lavender in her mouth. Rhe water would mask some of her scent until she was able to deodorize, and then she would roll in the mud, and then roll in the flowers she carried. Her gait was slow—as though she was shouldering the weight of her thoughts.

She placed the bundle on the shore once she made it, and glanced around before stepping into the shallows. There was somebody nearby—whose scent she had smelled on several occasions—and she spotted him upstream dunking his head in the water. She was impressed by how long he was able to hold his breath, and she watched as her emerged and began to take deep and steady breaths.

He was attractive from what she could tell—his body strong, his fur lustorious, and although she looked at the back of his head, she was confident he was handsome as well.

"Stop," Eshe told herself as she turned her attention away from  Arrick and towards the bottom of the stream and began to shovel some mud.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric heard a noise nearby and lifted his head, hackles raised body on red alert. After all that decaying bag of bones was still around. The witch wasn't dead and Arric pretty much trusted no one anymore, because Germanicus had been in their fold and then Moss had let the witch go. He was a bit irritated about the entire chain of events frankly and were he not tied to the creek and cared for it's inhabitants he might have left.

He turned large black head towards the she wolf downstream. White circled eye taking her in and the blue of his gaze bright against a backdrop of red tinted obsidian. A new pack mate he'd wager. Another female. Did she come because she wanted a piece of Akavir too?

Honestly, he took a deep breath and though the nice thing would be to introduce himself. He half didn't want too, because he didn't want plied with questions about Akavir and the creek and the goings on. Honestly he just wanted a break, but he didn't get one.

Reluctantly, he took one more breath and then headed her way. Oblivious to her current situation until he got closer and by then. Fuck it was too late. So she had come here because of Akavir he'd wager. His eyes glittered dangerously for a moment, because he didn't know what all these females wanted and his protective nature was beginning to show itself. Everyone wanted a piece of Akavir, but did they really care about his best friend. Like soul deep care, or just wanted that connection that everyone wanted during spring.

He blew out his breath and then dipped his head. Hi I'm Arric. Beta.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
When Arric turned around and collected himself, Eshe felt ashamed. Although she couldn't confirm why he looked as irritated as he did, she assumed it had something to do with her condition. This motivated her to work faster, and she began to fling mud onto her underbelly as he approached.

"Hi, I'm Arric. Beta." He said, introducing himself. So this was who Akavir warned her about.

"I'm Eshe—Kappa," but he probably knew that. "Sorry for my appearance. I'm just trying to make myself presentable." Her forepaw hovered above the water, and she gestured vaguely towards her abdomen.

"It's nice to meet you," Eshe added, splaying her ears, averting her gaze, and tucking her tail between her legs.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: language

Arric wasn't exactly irritated that she was in heat. It was more that she had probably came for Akavir, because the females just were blowing down the border doors lately. He wondered if perhaps his best friend smelled really good or something he really couldn't see the appeal. He was a grumpy asshole. Arric liked the grumpy asshole, but he was still a grumpy asshole. 

Her reaction and he felt terrible immediately. He lifted his head a little higher and quieted his voice. Who made you think you needed to be presentable? You seem fine to me? It's natural and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. You can't help it and you shouldn't be shamed for it. Honestly, you don't need to do. He flopped his paw at her. All that.

Which he immediately realized he shouldn't have done for it wafted her scent closer and now he had to take a step back. He gave a bemused smile and tilted an ear forward.

I'm a dick, but I can control myself. And you shouldn't have to feel bad about it.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Arric made Eshe feel a little better, but not enough to unfurl from her submissive stance. "I appreciate you saying that," she replied as a shy smile pulled at the corner of her lips before she hesitated for a beat. "I just ... don't want to be a burden to the pack—especially since I'm so new."

"Its better to hide it so I can go about my day and start working on my passion project." She wondered if Akavir had told him about the garden.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric tilted his head. A burden? How in the hell was she a burden for going into heat. Hell man as far as he was concerned she was the opposite of a burden most women were. Mind you most. He knew a few. Whoa.

He shook his head with a small chuckle. Listen you aren't a burden during that time or any other time and as far as I'm concerned if you're body can do that and you can bring children into the world unlike us blow hard assholes. Well that makes you the opposite of a burden, just saying. Not that you need ot have kids or anything. You get it? He wasn't sure He shook his head and blew out a breath.

I've been dealing with Akavir too long I don't even make sense to myself. He shook his head amusement making way on his features.

Though she caught his attention. What is your passion project then?
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
"I get it," Eshe said with an amused snort as she lifted her gaze to his chin. "And I do want to have kids," she added, thinking of the insecurities that had been gnawing at her lately, "But ... I'm not anybody's mate or ... you know ... in the right situation to bring children into the world."

"I've always wanted a big family—just like my parents had ... but I'm starting to believe that's all just a dream I'll always be chasing." She shrugged. "Especially now since I'm past my prime" The one time she'd taken a chance it had backfired spectacularly, and she wouldn't try that again.

She was happy to change the subject. "I want to form a garden to keep and stockpile helpful herbs," There was a twinkle in her eye as she remembered the lush plot of land she'd found. "I'm a medic and a bit of a hoarder of medicines—you can never have enough on hand." 
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
A small smile in return to her. Though her next words made him sad to think about. And he was confused. 

Who says you need a mate? I mean Bella just had a baby and she has no mate. Akavir has kids and he has no mate. I have kids somewhere out there, because that was all a she wolf i met wanted. I mean it's the dream to have a mate sure. And there's something special about bringing kids in the world with someone you love, but it's not the only option.

Oblivious that his leader had denied her. He wasn't entirely certain why she didn't just seek it out. Though he knew some were a little leery of that. He just  wasn't one.

And past your prime pfft. My dad was 6 when I was born.

Soft hum in his throat at her words. I'm afraid i'm pretty terrible at the whole herb thing, but I'm happy to be taught. But you should try and find Arlette. She's also a healer and loves herbs. She was actually just telling me. Did you know you can use the fluff in reeds to stop bleeding?
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Eshe understood what Arric was saying, but it was something that she didn't agree with.

"I was raised differently," she explained, carefully crafting her response with a hesitant pause. "My parents have been mates for years now, and they've been the example and standard of how I always wanted to live my life." She felt self-conscious for admitting this when she had so desperately wanted pave her own path and flesh out her own beliefs. Was that what she really believed? She wasn't sure.

All Eshe was sure of was that in that moment, it felt like she was regressing back to the narrative and fantasy that Rannoch and Liffey had created. "It might work for others ... it just ... doesn't work for me."

Arric's remark about his father strengthened Eshe's smile. "Your father also didn't have a uterus," she reminded him; childbearing was different when you were the one growing the children.

"I've been meaning to find her," she said when he mentioned the pack's medic. "Is there any chance you could connect us?" She had felt anxious about asking everyone she met if they were Arlette, and would feel more comfortable being introduced.

"I actually didn't know that," she said when he told her about the reed-fluff. "I haven't been working with them for long, and thought that the fluff was just something you tore off to get to the good stuff."

"Is there anything else about reeds you can tell me?"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric shrugged a shoulder. So was I, but sometimes things don't always work out how we were raised or how we want and we have to revaluate and if you want kids. Like really want babies you may need to think of an alternative way.

He smiled blue eyes twinkling. thats super sweet. Im glad they had each other.

He nodded. Do you want her now or?

He wrinkled his nose. She also said you can use it for sprains and sometimes breaks.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
"You're not wrong," Eshe admitted quietly as she glanced down at her mud-covered paws. "It just ... makes me feel like there's something wrong with me," she admitted, wriggling her toes against the ground. "You know? Like, there are so many wolves out there that are happy and raising families together ... why hasn't it happened for me?" She knew that he wouldn't have an answer. "I mean, right now I'm covered in mud—but this isn't normal for me," she said, chuckling nervously. She knew how irrational and immature she sounded, but it was how she felt.

When he asked about the introduction, she shook her head. "Another time," she requested. "I don't want to meet her looking like this."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric snorted. Nothing is wrong with you. And if some ass can't see how pretty and nice you are then they dont have eyes or ears and don't deserve a second thought from that pretty and intelligent brain of yours.

Because unfortunstely theres more dicks than gentlemen around lately.

Arric shifted. Not even the mud could hide the prettiness of this she wolf. And he briefltly wondered what was wrong with the male population cause clearly it was something major. Not just in matters of sight either.

Alright. Wel lgive me a yell when you want to meet her.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Arric thought that Eshe was pretty [/i]and[/i] intelligent? She held one of her forelegs with the other, feeling suddenly girlish as she glanced away.

She snapped back to attention when he offered to introduce them. "I-I will," she said quietly, still reeling from the compliment.

"If you'll excuse me, I should get going," she said as she dropped one arm and then took a step back. He was doing all the right things to convince her that they could make some children, and she wasn't sure how long she could hold off her increasing desire.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Of course she was pretty, any wolf with eyes could see it. And if they didn't, something was wrong. And any wolf that listened to her speak, could tell she was intelligent. But he wasn't saying that for any reason other than it was the truth. Would he give her what she wanted if she asked, absolutely, but he wasn't the type ot push himself on another and he could control himself. Not to mention she was probably into Akavir not him, so he was kinda steering clear.

He smiled at her blue eyes alight and nodded his head. Alright. I'll be around if you need anything. Have a good day Eshe and it was nice to meet you.

He stand still until she was gone from his sight then he'd get back to what he had been doing.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
"T-Thanks," she replied as she tried to wrangle her temptation. "It was nice to meet you too, Arric."

Then, as she didn't want to test her luck any longer, Eshe returned to her den and stayed put for the rest of the day.