Swiftcurrent Creek Lick your wounds
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Private 

Arlette didn't take long to find Arric. She had heard about the spar Cygnet and him had. In fact, she had treated the girl with some pain meds for her ribs. She didn't blame Arric on being harsher with her. Cygnet was older now, she had made it clear that she was ready for bigger responsibilities, and this was part of it. Learning to spar and getting injured. Arlette was happy to patch the girl up again. The time of babying and puppy privileges were starting to wean.

She quirked up her lips when she saw the male. Arlette trotted up to him and licked his muzzle. "How are your injuries after your brutal spar?" Arlette knew that Cygnet had fought back and had nicked Arric too. "I'd be happy to fuss over you," she grinned.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric licked at the wound between his shoulder and stomach. Essentially his armpit chest area. She had gotten him fairly good. His left paw dripped into the dirt while he tried to clean up the worse of the two. Putting all his weight on the sore pad caused him to wince.

Arric was surprised at a noise and lifted his head eyes darkening. Hoping it wasn't Cyg again. But it was Arlette, a grin lit up his face and eyes, and he returned her lick with a whine and a lick of his own.

You actually may need to help me. Little Miss Pissy Pants got me good.

He shifted so she could see the underside of his left side. Where teeth marks had sunk deep and he lifted his left paw to show the shredded pad.

He wanted to talk to her anout his concernes with how agressive Cyg had been for just a spar. But she seemed happy and teased. It could wait.

I like a little fuss if it's you. he teased.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette noticed that Arric was licking his wounds. Ouch. It seemed those teeth of the child had been sharp. She noticed how his eyes lit up when he noticed it was her. It warmed her heart a little. "I see, she did," Arlette spoke, smile falling a little in worry for the other. She seemed to got him on interesting places. She didn't have her medical supplies with her, but those where a quick walk from here. She would first see the wounds.

Her grin returned when he mentioned he didn't mind her fussing over him as he exposed his side. She beamed and wondered if he was still going to like her if it stung too much when she treated the wounds. "Your secret is safe with me," she chuckled. Arlette stepped closer to inspect the wound just behind his armpit. She studied it. It looked rather vicious and it made her brow arch a little. "You are lucky there is some more loose skin here," she noted, but it did seem at an irritating spot. A spot that moved a lot.

She then look a look at his paw. It was dripping. "Arric, these wounds are quite severe," she noted. "Especially the one on your paw can get worse if it gets infected." Arlette inhaled. "Can you walk? Your injured paw off the ground," she commented. She liked to get him to the river to at least have the fast flowing river cool, cleanse and numb it a little.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Cygnet had gone after him with a visciousness he didn't often see. He was not a genius when it came to kids. But he would bet there was a little more sinister in Cyg than there should be. And it worried him. They would need to get it in hand.

Arric chuckled. Aww thanks. But I honestly don't care if others know your my weakness lovebug. So don't try and keep it too hard.

Arric sighed at her words and frowned. He hadn't wantedcto let the heaviness permeate, but it had. 

I know they are. Arlette. We may need to instill some serious lessons in Cygnet. She was not aiming to spar she was aiming to hurt. She went for my throat twice. Had I been smaller or younger. She could have seriously hurt me. I will talk to Akavir about giving her some Sparring lessons. Hopefully, it is just a matter of not knowing, versus not caring.

He shifted and lifted his paw. It was a bit awkward, but he could get by on three legs. He nodded a small smile. I can, lead the way.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette felt her heart flutter when Arric was so open about her being his weakness. It was just... so romantic and she felt herself grow a little bit weak at his words. Who knew she could feel such a crush at her age? She shot him a grin, warm and loving. "Will shout it from the mountain tops then," she returned.

The topic shifted though, and Arlette studied him and his expression. "That is... concerning," Arlette spoke. "If I am honest I don't think it is about not knowing," she added quietly. She had explained basics of hunting, and spoken about weaker parts of a body, for prey animals. "Well, lets just think of the most positive scenario and that it was about not knowing. But considering how she dislikes you it might be the case of not caring," she spoke with a sigh. Curious child...

Arlette dipped her head and stayed by his side to guide him to the stream. It was not that far away. "Let you paw, and if possible your other wound soak. It might be a little cold but, especially your paw should be cleaned well. I will get some supplies," she instructed. She turned on her heels to get some of the plants they had gathered. She had some Chervile Root and would use it to put on the wounds. She also grabbed some poppy seeds, which were still inside their dried flower, and some dried oak leaves. To then return to him.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric was honest to a fault. He saw no reason to lie about his affection for the little healer. And he was happy and if people didn't like it to damn bad.

A chuckle. Yes please.

Arric nodded. His thoughts outward for a moment. He didn't really know why Cygnet hated him so much. But she def did.

I'm not even sure why she hates me so much?

He had corrected her one time that was all. Granted he always seemed to be correcting while kids ran wild. He had corrected Mae a few times. Granted he had also taught her many of her bad habits. Whoops.

Arric looked at the water and then took a deep breath and crashed into the water. After he broke the ice of course. She'd find him lunging like it was a summer day and he was hot. Mind over matter.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette gently shook her head. "I don't know exactly either, but she does seem possessive over me. Of my attention, and it seems to stray to you when you are near," she admitted to him. It was the honest truth. Same at the hunt. She had been keen on working together with Arric. Wanting his approval while she knew she already had it. Still, sometimes even she was acting like a lovesick fool.

When she returned she found him lounging in the cold waters. She placed the herbs down. She shook her head. "Alright, get out before you get hypothermia," she chuckled. "Careful, careful of your wounds." She got two poppy seeds and then spit them out on the ground before her. "Take both. You might get a little sleepy but it will help with the pain." She started to chew on the root and the oak leaves. Starting to chew it into a paste. She approached him, showing him that she wanted to put it on his wound by his armpit.

She spit it out onto the wound and smeared it with her muzzle out over it. Then the girl took the other half of the root and oak leaves to make the same paste and put it on his paw. She wished she would know how to keep it there, tightly wrapped. But she didn't. She looked at the fresh cold snow. "Press your paw down on the cold snow." Perhaps freezing the paste a little in place might help. She then went to rinse her mouth in the freezing water. She returned to him and looked over the two wounds. "I want you to keep that paw off the ground, for at least a day or two so it can scab. No patrolling,' she warned.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric frowned in thought. That could be it, but it seemed it was just him personally she took offense to he felt. Perhaps he was merely overthinking  

Likewise. and it did he had been distracted as all get out at the hunt. He had tried regardless, but he'd def been a little lost in space. But it had also always been his goal to whomever he ended up with embarassing his children about how much he loved their other parent.

He carefully pulled himself from the wayer. Keeping the tore paw up. He glared at the poppy seeds, but took them anyway. 

He tried to move so she could reqch the nast thing on his body. It smarted pretty bad. Cyg had gotten him good. He fwlt a small sense of sick justice that he had bruised her a little. Then felt immediately bad.

He pressed hard into the frost. But he wasn't entirely happy about not patrolling. Evident by the frown on his face.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
It seemed Arric turned a little quiet while she was working on his body. She could imagine that the paste would sting a little. But she had seen how he had been looking at the poppy seeds. "What's wrong with the poppy seeds?," she asked. If he took offense or would get sick from it then she should look into other options for him.

Arlette watched him cool himself on the ice. At least with the fresh snow and cold infection might be kept at bay. Then it would be a speedy recovery from there. Arlette stepped closer to him when he looked a little put out and upset with her orders. "I know you don't like it," she started with a soft whine and pressed a little kiss to the top of his head. "...But I kind of want you in good shape," she muttered.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
A smile turned her way. I just don't like not being alert and poppy makes me sleepy. Thats all. But its okay. Theres enough wolves thst I can yake a little time to take care of myself.

The paste had stung, but he had been wholly distracted by the soft paws of Arlette. Her general scent in his space. She smelled like herbs and river water and happiness. Straight to the vein. He had been momentarily struck stupid.

He leaned into her small kiss. And curled his paws about her legs so that he could tug her closer and lick a stripe along her head. If she'd allow. Thanks for worrying about me love bug. Is Cyg okay?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette nodded compassionately. She understood. He was always on alert, and now he couldn't. He trusted her and had taken it. She appreciated it. "I can watch over you and wake you when there is any danger," she assured him. "I can walk you to your usual sleeping spot,"[b] she offered, perhaps he felt more inclined to rest there because the space was associated with rest. They hadn't really spend their time together sleeping.

She smiled softly, and noticed that he wanted to keep her close. She leaned into his lick. Her tail was embarrassing her a little by starting to wag. She cursed it mentally, but also couldn't help but continue the happy wag. [b]"Always will worry a little bit now,"
she admitted to him. "She is alright, though, almost got me worried because she wanted affection and comfort. The claw marks will heal, I don't worry about that. Her ribs... I don't know if they are broken, but most definitely badly bruised," she spoke. "But, I think it is good. She is getting older and this is part of being a wolf, the injuries after a fight, or even just a hunt," Arlette spoke.

Arlette looked at the paw again. "If that paw touches the ground, please clean it throughly. We can't have it get infected." Then again, she had known a wolf that had lived on three legs, she didn't wish that life on Arric.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He wasn't entirely thrill3d about being all out in the open like this, half brain capacity. But he wasn't as worried about it normally.

I sleep near the river. No real den. Just a place with furs and soft spot.

He got to his paws, mindful not to touch the wounded one on the dirt. He wanted to stay in her good graces. Not upset her.

Her tail wag was adorable. He ignored it for her sake, but gods she was so damn cute. He couldn't take it.

Arric sighed. I tried not to knock her too hsrd, but theres a sizable difference. I mostly just defended. Didn't even use my teeth fearful I would hurt her.

A smile and a nod. I promise.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette quirked up her lips into a soft smile. "Alright, lead the way. I will be your guardian tonight," she hummed with a smile. She kinda knew where his sleeping spot was, because sometimes she did like to check on him. Not that he had ever been there when she had been close.

She noticed that he was really careful with his paw and not getting it dirty. Arlette was pleased. Glad that her hard work wouldn't be ruined instantly. She made sure to offer her support if he needed it.

"Arric, I know you wouldn't hurt her on purpose," Arlette assured him. "I know how Cygnet can be. I can only imagine. I hope Akavir talks to her. Teaches the right way," Arlette spoke.

She bumped him with her nose gently. Following him and helping him where needed towards his resting spot.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
A raise of wolfish brow. Be still my heart.

But seriously her in close proximity to his sleeping spot. Gods have mercy.  But oh it was a nice thought. They probably should have that conversation sometime when they were further apprised. See where she wanted him.

I'll check on her in a couole days. See if her attitude has cooled. And I'll see if she's interested in some fighting lessons after her ribs are better, but only if she only uses it on enemies.

Could he blame her being like her mother? Taking the way of the guardian.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette walked with him to his sleeping spot. She kept his pace and made sure not to make him feel slow or rush him. The female nodded when he mentioned talking to Cygnet. "I think that might be best. She does understand when you tell or explain," she reasoned. She used verbal communication all the time, Cygnet might not respond the same herself. But she did seem to understand.

She could smell his scent becoming stronger, and she knew they were close. She spotted the furs. She deemed it clean enough that he could rest his paw on it. "There you are," she hummed and then let him settle on his bed. She watched him, this big dark male limping because of a pup. It felt a little silly thinking about it. However the injuries were no laughing matter.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arlette kept an even pace. He appreciated it. Amd he wasn't in a hirry, but he handled 3 legs fairly well he thought. But he still had the ability to balance on that paw in a true emergence. So it wasn't as if he truly was only on 3 legs.

A soft chuckle and he shifted. Theres enough room you wanna tuck in too Arlette.

And there was, he always made his spots a bit bigger in case he moved too much. And Arlette was so amall.

Imma laugh about this tomorrow. Today though I'm a lil pissed. Almost got my ass handed to me by a pup. he joked.

He knew he hadn't used his full strength, but even if he had. He had a feeling he'd still be bleeding. Cyg was a savage. A fluff ball of fury and violence.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette quirked up her lips. "I'm afraid that I will not be able to guard you as well," she admitted. She would be distracted by him. She knew that. Arlette watched the nest and it was more than big enough for the two of them. Though, Arric had the would on his one side and the paw.

"Alright, but then I will be the big spoon!," she offered with a grin and then settled against his good side on the bed. She was in no way able to ever be a big spoon for Arric but it was the thought that counted. It was rather nice, being out in the open. Arlette licked the top his head, chuckling. "Better get training some more," she teased him, of course not meaning it at all. "Tomorrow hopefully you will feel a little better about it," she hummed.

Cygnet had been rather interesting to raise. Honestly, if she would have her own pups this year, it might be a whole lot easier. At least she figured. Arric had mentioned that he wanted to be a dad, if it was an option for him. But perhaps they should talk about these things a little more if they were going to get that serious about it. "At least she prepared me, if we decide we want some of our own this year." Arlette started.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled. The only thing we have to worry about really is Akavir moping around. Or cygnet glaring stupid into me.

And honestly he was pretty confident that were there an issue as little as Arlette gave him. He'd be able to keep awake and fight if he must.

She curled into his bsck and he chuckled. Shifting so she had large quantity of surface area. After all as big spoon ifmt was the surface area.

He chuckled. Definitely a little rusty.

Arric chuckled and went with the flow of conversation. Please tell me they won't be as difficult as she is. Akavir's pups last year taught me a lot about raising kids.

He thought of Mae fondly. Hoped Nicodem and Jakub were okay wherever they were.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette chuckled at the Cygnet comment. "You and your complicated relationships," she teased. There seemed to be an interesting type of friendship with him and Akavir. And well, his relationship with Cygnet? Well, that was not really even a relationship.

Arlette licked her lips. "Well, I think or hope not. But with pups you are never certain," she chuckled. "My last three weren't that troublesome and that while I had to raise them somewhat alone." She also had not been in the best place of her life, and the Saints as a pack were a little stressful with all their enemies. "That is why I think you will be the best father to maybe... our pups?," she offered, flushing a little. If he didn't want that, that was fine as well, she would just babysit Eshe and Akavir's pups as much as possible.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning:

A small chuckle. I do have a lot of those. It is what it is.

Akavir was his best friend. And hmeven though Cygnet made him nervous. He cared for her in his own way. Let someone hurt her and they'd see how much. Unless it was deserved he supposed, but then only a little hurt.

Arric listened to her. A pleasant buzzing at the base of his skull, from pure happiness he supposed. Or well the poppy might be kicking in.

I'm sorry you were alone. That shouldn't have happened.

Did she just ask him? No. Yes, she fucking did.

He rolled onto hia back a little more so he was like staring up at her in some weird sort of upside down way.

if You're asking me if I want the wife, the kids and all that and it comes in a little white package with the name Arlette. Then the answer is yes.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
LOL. Arlette: YES, Lets drug him and then start about babies! Perfect timing xD

Arlette smiled as well. "I know, and it makes you you. I'm glad ours isn't so complicated though," she admitted. It was also something she wished for him. A relationship where he didn't need to question everything or always have that 1000% he did. Together. She really liked that idea.

"It is okay. It happened. I lived. I'm stronger than I thought I was," she returned to him, a soft smile on her lips. She could be mad or upset about the past but that wasn't helping her now, today.

Arlete looked down as Arric shifted, showing off her wonderful double chin neck fluff. She giggled and licked the tip of his nose. She felt giddy. Something that she hadn't felt in a long time. Feeling a bit like a love struck teenager. "That makes me very happy," she stated the obvious by how she was grinning and wagging her tail. "Just checking. Better to know now then when I am already in heat." She moved her muzzle closer to his. "I also would really like the big black package named Arr---" She paused and laughed. "Why does that sound so wrong?," she laughed. "I will stop talking now. You are probably tired. We can talk more about this mate and pup thing later. You know, so I can check if it isn't the drugs talking," she winked.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
LOL. It suits them though

Arric shifted. You make ut easy to get along with Arlette. You just have that something.

And she did it was impossible to be upset around her. She just radiated the calming loving manner 

You're definitely stronger than most.

He laughed full bodied. No by all means continue.

He teased. She was so cute. He almost couldn't even take it. And the things she said. Ego def stroked and it hadn't even been her intention.

He winked back. We can talk about it again,  but my answers won't change. I'm in full control of all faculties.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette blushed, accepting the sweet compliment. She did her best. Plus she didn't really want to create drama or think about starting some. Arric was so sweet, and honestly, so good for her. She felt empowered when around him. She felt that she could say anything she would think, even joke around with him. It helped with her confidence.

Arlette had to laugh as well. "I don't think that is wise," she chuckled and nipped him lovingly. "You should rest," she told him. If he could get in some sleep he might have some of his wound at least close a little. A warm laugh left her lips. "I'm glad. Same for me," she hummed. She placed her head on top of his, trying to keep her eyes open and some sense of guarding. But she was never going to stay awake being cozy like this. He was like a furnace. So nice and warm.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric didn't know how she felt, but he hoped he could give her a safe space to be herself. She had seemed to hide herself away before for fear of a fight. And he would do his best not to do that to her. He felt that he could be rational most  of the time, if she felt upset about something.

She buried into his head and he chuckled. Taking her nip and her lick and returning it. To then drop his head to his paws. A soft yawn. 

G'night. Lovebug.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette happily settled against him. She knew she wasn't going to be able to keep watch with his warmth next to her. When he wished her goodnight she realized she didn't really have a nickname for him. Perhaps that was something he wasn't interested in. "Night, Arric." Her wish ending in a hum. She rested her head on top of him but quickly started to doze. Within 20 minutes she was just as fast asleep as he was.

- fin -