Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
All Welcome 
A lot on his mind and tensions rising. He found the nearest deep pool and dove right in. Long lean body, fur plastered to his shape. He dove again. Head and body under. Eyes closed allowing it to flow and ebb along his overheated skin.

Breaking the surface with a deep breath blue eyes stared to the sky as he leisurely paddled along.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Arric?

Mae's tearful voice broke through the silence. She stood at the edge of the creek, her legs trembling slightly as she called out to her uncle. She hated to bother him, but she did not know where else to turn. Her brothers were reticent, and her father... well, he was the reason for her tears.

She watched with ears pinned against her crown, waiting for Arric to emerge from the water.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
]

His head was lifted quickly at the tearful little voice. And he was up and out of the water in a minute.

His nose was down and on her in a second looking at her little face. Making sure she wasn't hurt.

Whats a matter, Mae Mae.

He gently licked at her face and the tears that lay there. His heart tight in his chest.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She managed a weak smile for him when he came close, but the expression trembled and then fell. I saw Akavir earlier, Mae confessed. But he was busy or somethin'. Didn't see me.

Think he doesn't love me anymore, She mumbled, ears flat against her skull. Akavir never made time for her anymore. Mae didn't know what she'd done to make him stop loving her, but she thought that maybe Arric would. Arric seemed to know everything.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Oh shit. He got to the ground with wet belly and pulled the puppy towards himself. Ears up, brow furrowed a frown on his face.

He tickled at her side if she'd let him hefore he spoke.

He almost said your dad, but decided to let Mae lead this convo.

Akavir loves you. He's just preoccupied, but uncle Arric will talk to him. I promise. And how couldn't he love you?. You and your brothers are perfect.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She was frowning, but dropped it to giggle briefly when Arric tickled her. Then she pulled away, frowning again. She was trying to be serious!

The offense was quickly forgotten as he spoke, claiming that Akavir loved her, that she was perfect. Then why's he always mad at me? Mae couldn't understand. And why did Arric need to talk to him? What would that fix? Her frown deepened.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: swearing

He bit back a smile at her stern expression with him. Though he did wink one blue eye at her and curled her tighter into his legs if she'd let him.

Well, i think he's trying to teach you right from wrong. Cause you have to act a certain way as you grow. And besides. Your dad has resting bitch face. You know what that means? It means he look angry even when he isn't. But better not repeat that uncle Arric bad word.

Arric licked her head with a nuzzle. Ah Mae Mae. We'll figure it out okay. And i can go with you if you want to talk to your dad, but you don't want to by yourself.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
276 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Mae didn't really understand. But if Uncle Arric said that Akavir loved her, then it must be true. She was quiet for a moment, thoughtful.

I can talk to him by myself. I'm almost all grown up! Mae told him, her pride glimmering even through her sorrow. Then she paused. Arric... She looked at him very seriously. Do I have resting bitch face? After all, she did look a lot like Akavir; with no memory of her mother except the color of her eyes, Mae had no way of knowing that she resembled Jakoul more than her father.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled and licked her cheek. You sure are growing up. Too fast for Uncle Arric.! he teased her gently.

Areic snorted and shook his head. No Mae Mae you have a pretty expressive face. Besides you're prettier than you dad.

A soft smile for his niece and a gentle sigh. He sure wished he could fix the relationship between the girl and her father. But he was unsure how too.