Honeyed Pasture Primrose
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,423 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
@Marcus I hope this isn't too far!
This place reminded her of The Gilded Sea. There was a strange comfort in that for Reverie, who had been thinking more about her childhood and how it related to the situation she found herself in now. Wife, mother; these were titles she had never thought she would wear, and honestly, before she'd met Lestan she hadn't really wanted them.
Their love had changed many things about her, and she was realizing that... well, in many ways, she had become her mother. The very thing she'd never wanted to be.
She settled in the tall grass to contemplate this, distantly enjoying the rare feeling of pure cloudless sunlight across her back. She wondered if she would ever truly be happy again. Everything she had done, every decision she'd made, it had all been for — him. There was an aspect of fate to it all, of this she was certain, but Reverie knew too that the decision to center her world around Lestan had been entirely hers. It was a way of life she'd reviled for most of her own, until the day had come when she was lonely and afraid and given a promise of a familiar future.
Did she want these things, even now? Reverie studied her paws intently through the deep shadows all around her, and realized all at once that she never had. She loved Blossom, and life without Lestan was no longer an option — but it was only his love she had ever wanted, his devotion, his forever. Not this. Not... any of this.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria
It was a pretty good day by the man's count, and he was more than happy to just roll with it. Things had been pretty good lately in terms of his relations and the fact that still, he was doing well without the assistance of a pack. No one to boss him around, nothing to tether him to responsibilities, nothing could produce a cloud in his mind on such a sunny day. Simply being was enough for Marcus as he lived in the moment for once in his life. No anxiety about the future and no depression thinking of the past. 

Golden wisps of grass tickled his nose, eliciting a snort here and there, as the fire-pelted wolf fought his way through the crowd of them. They were illuminated beautfully by the sun which proudly shone from above, and he wondered if Wren would like any to decorate her den with. 

Submerging himself fully into the straw colored field, the man began to pick his bouquet for the stormy woman, the object of his affections. Roaming with defenses lowered, he would not notice the well camouflaged woman only yards away.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,423 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie only watched for a time when she caught sight of the tawny-furred wolf, taking comfort in the way he seemed so... casual, unburdened. It was oddly cathartic to get a glimpse of normalcy, to really let herself feel that stab of jealousy and longing. Eventually she started to feel a little strange about it, though.
So she chuffed and shifted lazily in the grass to indicate her position. Reverie didn't bother to get up, though. The weight of her own burdens kept her in place, and for once she did not even think of how rude she was being. Did it matter? She would never see him again anyway, she thought. The only one who stayed was Lestan, and he...
She pushed that thought away and tried to look friendly, tail swishing through the grass half-heartedly.
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria
What the hell?

The lazy gardener halted immediately, wide eyed and now shifting his gaze this way and that. The voice was friendly, but it was the stranger adjusted in the long grass that alerted Marcus to her presence. A golden women lounging amongst golden threads. Coupled with his good mood, the man apparently had no spatial awareness. 

There was some grass still between them, but he could make out her thin figure. So, like a jungle man with a machete, the russet brute parted his way through the tangled blades, poking his broad head into her clearing. Laying his mouthful of organic goods that were never asked for, his whiskers twitched to rid of any lingering fuzz and debris. "You blend right in, caught me by surprise." His sunny disposition shown bright through sunshine eyes.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,423 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie giggled a little at that, because it only made sense. She blended because she was made for it — spun of gold and fire in a place where the tall grasses danced with the wolves. She stretched out her forelegs and hinds simultaneously, flattening some of the grass around her to give a better view of the man who seemed to be collecting the gilded blades.
Her ears pulled forward as she studied the bundle, and she cast a curious glance at him. His eyes were bright and pretty, a familiar hue; everything about this day reminded her of where she had come from. Mother Rain. And at that thought Reverie wondered, briefly, what made the rains still fall in absence of their Mother.
90 Posts
Ooc — Maria
There were no words from the girl, but she seemed tired so it was not Marcus's intention to press her. Her expressions were enough for even his smooth brain to wrap around. "I'm just gathering these for a - uh, a friend." Part of him felt as if he should have tried harder to hide the hesitation in his voice, but another part figured she wouldn't mind a bit of awkwardness. Hell, she may even be mute for all he knew. 

"It looks pretty, like it could add a pop of something to a ruddy den. Not that I'm an interior decorator or anything." A milky paw hovered over the bundle before testing its weight on it, feeling the crunch underneath. It was surprisingly satisfying. "Anyway, I don't mean to intrude. I can leave you to it?" His own ears cupped forward, eyes shifting to where he was headed in the first place. Which was no where in particular.