Emberwood If you steal my sunshine
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Read Only 
On their very first night away from Swiftcurrent Creek, Reverie dreamed again.
A familiar dream: lying on the floor of that den with flesh torn and blood everywhere, breathless with a manic sort of joy. She'd found — found —
Something stirred outside of the den; and then the den was gone and she was not at Swiftcurrent Creek but The Garden, except it had changed. As perfect as ever, as untouched by death as the day she had left, yet it was all in flames. Beautiful, in red and amber and palest gold, but the heat all around her was unbearable. She looked up, and realized that she had forgotten how to fly — and that was when she saw her.
Her eyes filled with tears.
"Where were you, when I needed you?"
And she knew the answer as surely as she knew the breath in her lungs. Sleeping; waking; waiting. It had taken her so long to find it again, to become the flames, to burn so brightly that the Mother had no choice but to answer her call. Of course it would take time to remember, to reawaken what had been sleeping for too long. She knew now why she had been given to The Gilded Sea, and why Blossom had been given to her.
All around her, the rain came down. And the heat faded, and the brightness died, and it hurt so beautifully —
Reverie woke to shrieking, and realized only a moment later that it was her own. And very abruptly, it began to rain.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you