Felltree Marsh I'll whisk away your heartsigh and bury it in mine
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
For @Saga if you want it!
She'd started to split her time between the willows and the marsh, caring for the eagle she'd found. After a time she had determined that its wing was not broken, perhaps only sprained; nonetheless, Reverie brought food and kept the bird hidden safely in the hollowed-out trunk of the tree where she'd found it. In this she found some kind of purpose, and the beginnings of an idea brewing at the back of her thoughts.
Today she had managed to coax the eagle onto her shoulder, wincing at the feeling of talons digging into her skin. There was a little blood, but not so much. In time, she thought, she would teach her new friend to perch more gently. For now it was a matter of getting used to one another.
I wonder if my husband would like you, Reverie wondered aloud, having taken to speaking to the bird as if it could understand. Sometimes she really wondered. The eagle looked at her now as if in its own contemplation, and she thought that perhaps it did understand. His name is Boone, She explained further, picking her way through the marsh. The other birds avoided them, giving the pair odd looks. He likes the mountains. Eagles like mountains too, right? It was just an assumption, really. She knew very little about eagles except that they were predators, that they were fierce and intelligent and deadly in the sky. Maybe you'll like each other.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
14 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
Eep! This was certainly not where she had expected to be. Muddy waters and strange smells that itched her nose. "Ooooo-kay," she spoke to herself, an awkward, determined smile on her lips, bracing for the steps beyond and attempting to keep herself at the highest points of elevation. This was fine! She could do it. She'd just rinse off later, right?

Travel through the marsh was a careful footed one. Before she could find flat land, it had been time, and before that, it was time to find waters not ready to engulf her frame. Powerful strides were what got her out of it, breaking free from water weed and tall standing reeds. A shake when she was freed from the marsh waters rid her of some of the weight on her wrists, and she was set along the trail again. There were so many new things! Cool things! AWESOME things, with beautiful wildlife and dainty snow. Yes, even the marsh was kind of pretty, wasn't it? Well, she thought so! In her busy walk, a voice touched upon her oaky ears, a sudden smile forming on her lips, nervous but anticipating perhaps a friend. Or...

"I wonder if my husband would like you."

"His name is Boone."

"He likes the mountains. Eagles like mountains too, right?"

Her jaw opened in a gap, a quick, mortified, shock twitch on her once smiling lips(still half caught in one from surprise.).

"Maybe you'll like each other." 

Saga's voice quickly stumbled out, not yet seeing the woman she heard, but she heard her and that was enough! Awkwardly, fast, and a stuttering lighthearted, but fearful voice,
 "I--I don't mean to be rude- I me- I mean, I'm sure your husband is LOVELY, but, um, I-I'm not, l---looking right n-nnow, haa-!"
\Maybe she should go home right now.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Unexpectedly, there was a voice; a feminine, pretty voice, but stammering words that Reverie could hardly comprehend. She exchanged a baffled glance with the bird at her shoulder and stepped toward the source of the sound. And then she realized — she realized exactly what was going on here, and her ears flushed with heat.
Oh! She exclaimed softly as she came face to face with a pretty blonde. Sorry, I um - I was talking to - well, the bird. Um, my - my husband isn't - we aren't - it's just us, you know? I just thought - Reverie glanced at the eagle again, then back to the woman. I thought he - he might like a - companion. A bird companion. Not - She stopped herself, feeling terribly awkward. Um. Anyway. Hi. I'm Reverie.
14 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
"Oh!" An awkward 'heh' and a, "Hi," was said after the honey woman's appearance, her cheeks squinting her eyes in the midst of her talking.

Bird-bird? Oh, she had a bird! "Oh," she said half-focused, only for a much clearer, "Oh," to come out once she realized that she was talking TO the bird. 

So, that's why she said eagle! "No, no, its okay- I mean, if you WERE, that's, bshh, thats your business, I'm not gonna judge..you.." Saga's fumbles came out all the while the woman before her explained herself, and Saga was pretty sure her own ears were going to burst from the heat filling them! "Yeah. Yeah! Um." Who was she talking to again? Reverie. REVERIE! 

Sheepishly, she tightened her paws together and gave a silly smile, lightly laughing over it with Reverie. "Hi! I'm Saga. Nice to meet you! And your bird. And your....husband?
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Saga. Reverie almost relaxed, almost fell into the easy familiarity of meeting a new friend, but then —
Oh, by the Mother! Her ears flattened in mortification. No! I - the - the bird isn't my husband! Reverie exclaimed. The eagle launched itself off of her shoulder just then, as if offended by the implication. It sat among the muck and twitched its feathers irritably as she stuttered through yet another clarification. The bird is - the one I want my husband to - to meet! Boone is - well, he's back home, um, just over that way. But! You could meet him! If you want! But then she remembered the original misunderstanding, and hurried to add:
Just - just in a friendly way, I mean. Um. Gosh, this is a mess. I'm sorry, Her voice lowered in shame as she went on. She really did feel terrible. How awkward Saga must feel! Reverie could not help but think herself a terrible, blundering fool, and it was all she could do to keep herself from apologizing again.
14 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
Heavens, please smite her, oh no! No, she thought that she meant that she thought the bird was her husband! "Nooo- Nononono!

Gasping, Saga shut her mouth to not be rude and let her finish. All the while, air was building up within her cheeks, blowing and blowing until she looked like a pufferfish by the time Reverie had finished speaking. She should tell her! She should tell her! Big, big misunderstanding! Well, she would hope that the bird wasn't her husband...

Her cheeks quickly deflated in a huff, of which Saga was only smiling at how silly they'd made themselves! "If it makes you feel any better, I-, I didn't think the bird was your husband. Um." She teetered on her feet, staring at them in thought before naturally forming back to Reverie. "If you wanted me to, I could meet your- Oh. Oh, that sounds horrible! Really, really horrible! I'm sorry. I'm SO sorry! I'm sure you and your husband are veryvery happy- not your bird. I mean, no, I'm sure your bird is very happy AND your husband! I-" It was sounding worse... And WORSE..

Saga's spirit deflated, and she was positive that Reverie must have been mortified and wanting to go crawl in a hole as she did! So, with an awkward, clumsy smile and shy laugh, "Heh. Heh..." Lets try this again, from the start! "Hi... I'm Saga. Nice to meet you, Reverie!" Her tail tapped the ground behind her in a hopeful thought that maybe Reverie wouldn't bite her nose. Or face.