Felltree Marsh Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Read Only 
The marsh just beyond the willows was decidedly not her favorite place to be. But there were so many birds here! Reverie, who had always been fond of birds and vice versa, found herself quite taken with the sheer variety. Some of them were shy and startled away at the sight of her, but others didn't seem to mind her presence at all. Her relationship to birds had always been a little strange that way. They liked her, she thought, but could not understand why.
She picked her way through the marsh until an odd sight caught her eye. A golden eagle — a beautiful bird, but it sat miserably upon a fallen trunk with its wing partially extended in an awkward position. Her heart lurched in her chest at the sight of it. For a moment she was very still, watching the bird to see if it would flee or if it would welcome her; it was only a few moments before she was noticed. The eagle studied her in the same quiet way, and after a brief silence, Reverie started to approach. She moved slowly, stopping each time it hopped further back on the trunk, until finally they were close enough that she could have reached out and grasped the bird by the wing if she wanted.
Hi, She said softly instead, sitting down, not minding the way her backside was muddied by the marshy ground below. You're hurt. I could - I could help, you know. Reverie was uncertain whether the bird understood her or not. But it didn't move again. It only looked at her, perhaps confused by her lack of interest in hunting. But Reverie liked birds far too much to eat them.
No, she had something else in mind for this one.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you