Stone Circle Rest like you belong here with your damp hair, with your chest heaving
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Making some assumptions, let me know if anything needs to be changed <3
@Tauris was truly a blessing; she'd seen them all fed and settled, and now that Blossom had fallen into a nap and Boone had wandered to see the land for himself, Reverie felt she could finally speak freely to her sister. I've missed you, She confessed softly when she first realized they were truly alone.
And then — Oh, but - Tauris, are you - did you - Reverie stammered and finally burst: Children?! She pressed her nose into Tauris's ruff, taking in the scents. And a man! Is he good to you? If he isn't, I'll - I'll kick him! And she meant it!
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
“I’ve missed you, too.”

Reclining in the leas with her friend is a peacefulness Kvarsheim has carefully cultivated all these months. The valley sundered witches and threats and now they are free to coalesce in the calm afternoon. She is weightless like a cloud and Reverie is sunshine.

“Two. A boy and a girl,” she spins so she’s resting on her back, looking up into the girl’s flaxen features. “They’re brilliant.” She’s certain that’s what all mothers say. But her’s were, undeniably.

The image of Rev attempting to smack Fig was admittedly funny, “I’d like to see that,” she laughs a moment before quieting, “no one has ever been better to me. He makes me happy.”

She paws lazily at the girl’s cheeks, “tell me about Boone.”
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It seemed that Tauris had been spared the heartbreak Reverie had faced with the birth of her firstborn daughter, and for that, she was grateful. Perhaps there was jealousy somewhere in her, for the fact that Lestan could not have been to her what this Fig was to Tauris — but she hardly noticed it. The world had been kind to her dear friend, and wasn't that what Reverie had wanted for her all along?
I - I'm glad he makes you happy, Tauris. You deserve that. I'd love to meet him sometime, She managed a smile, nose dipping to touch Tauris's lightly. What are their names? Your children. Maybe Blossom can meet them... she's very gentle for her age. A little angel, really, but surely every mother thought the same of her own daughter.
But then Tauris asked about — about Boone, and Reverie felt her ears and cheeks flush. Oh, um, A nervous little giggle slipped from her. Boone is... well, I've never met anyone like him. He found us - Blossom and I, alone on the beach, and I was so lost and confused. And he just... he stayed. He takes care of us. He tries to take care of everyone, I think.
I don't know a lot about him yet, Reverie admitted. But I know he's a good man. And - well - I like him. A lot. She hesitated, and then her voice dropped as she added. We um, we slept together. We still do... often. And it's the first time I've been with anyone since Lestan, and I - Tauris, I think I'm falling in love with him.
She let out a breath, startled by her own confession, and tears stung her eyes. And I'm scared, Reverie wiped at her eyes a little, feeling terribly dramatic. T-tell me more about your man, She prompted a little shakily, offering another weak smile. I want to know what he's like, to have caught your eye!
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
She rests into Reverie’s touch, light on her mouth and stretching out her forearms contentedly. She wanted them to meet, too.

“Swift and Katla. Send Blossom in. They could use some roughing up,” she barks, knowing full well Blossom wasn’t the type of child to provoke them. The nornir had no clue how to parent, but she figured she’d rather be the type of mother to let her kids fall and pick themselves back up than to fret over every tiny scratch. Life was full of scratches.

She wants to ask of Lestan and what had happened to him, but she wouldn’t dare rip the fine smile from her lips. It was so clear in how she held herself that there was deep affection there for Boone.

“You deserve happiness too, Reverie. He sounds like a good one. It's obvious how he cares for you,” this time she reaches a paw up to her cheek and holds it there over her rounding cheeks. She wanted to feel her grin.

She shifts away sheepishly when Rev refers to Fig as her man. She might have thought of him that way, but she’d been too nervous to tell him that, and even hearing it aloud is as shameful as it is satisfying; like something forbidden. Her's. They were still learning eachother. He couldn't be her's, not before he knew how awful she can be. Not before she knew what his favorite thing to eat was. It wasn't possible to love a stranger- was it?

“He's thoughtful, and sincere. He has the deepest green eyes you've ever seen. But it was an accident,” she reveals with a little embarrassment. This must happen to loads of girls, trading their future life away for one lovely week. 

But everything that came after wasn’t. They made a commitment, and even if she didn't know truly how she felt, one thing was certain:

“I want the same fate as him.”

She’d probably decided this even long before that week came, back when she’d found a stranger in the woods who didn’t laugh at her small worries and who’d been honest with her when he had no need to be.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Swift and Katla. More names to add to the list of those she would always cherish and protect; they were Tauris's children, and so in a way they would be Reverie's too, if ever they needed her. She couldn't help but laugh when Tauris mentioned roughing them up. Blossom was the last child to do such a thing, but maybe her daughter would surprise her.
The girl desperately needed a friend or two, after all. Reverie pushed away her guilt at that thought, trying to focus on Tauris, who was now the only sister left to her. A sister who cared for her, who wanted the best; she was speaking of Boone and how he cared for her, and Reverie flushed with a shy, pleased warmth.
But she remained quiet, attentive, waiting to hear about the life Tauris had built for herself here. Her sister was as reticent as ever, yet the glow in her voice and in her eyes spoke more than the few words she shared. It was an accident, she said, but Reverie knew that the joy glimmering in her now was no accident. It was destiny; it was the world speaking softly, saying that it was okay now, that it was safe to rest, to hope, to feel.
She knew because she felt it too. I want the same fate as him; and here she thought of Boone, and how they had both chosen this, and how it felt so much like coming home after a long and fretful day. I'm happy for you, Reverie murmured, eyes bright with love. I knew when I met you that - that one day, you would know what it's like to be loved. Truly loved, by family and friends. There's a beautiful light in you, Tauris. Don't ever let it die, okay? Her eyes filled abruptly with tears.
Don't make the mistakes I did.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
She glimpses long into the face she thought she might never see again and overcome with gratitude that she gets to. Somehow they’d managed to come back together in health, in happiness, and most surprisingly in motherhood, too.

“You’re sweet,” She speaks quietly. Reverie’s words overwhelm her with their affection, her brows fold over her eyes shyly.

“I think that’s just gas though, Rev,” she plays it off, “consequence of the postpartum organ shuffling and all that.” But she fell into silence then because Reverie was right.

“If there’s light in me it is the people that I love. You, and Gunnar and Tak. Skáld and Fig and our children. There’s nothing that can put that out,” she smiles up through the grass at her.

When Reverie thought of destiny, Tauris thought of choice, and how every morning she woke up she would continue to choose them- over and over.

“I’m so happy you’re here. I was worried I'd never see you again. I hope you know Kvarshiem will always be a home to you all- no matter where you go.”
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,416 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Her tears faded away as Tauris spoke, and she let out a soft snort of amusement at the mention of gas. That was one thing she'd never suffered through her own pregnancy and postpartum, but she knew well enough what it was like to feel the shifting of her entire body; the raw discomfort, the sudden alienness of the one thing which has always been hers and hers alone. Motherhood had taken that from her, but Reverie didn't mind so much anymore. For Blossom, she would do it a thousand times over.
And she found truth in Tauris's next statement, too, for hadn't Reverie's love for others always been the light in her own life? Still she blushed, uncertain what to say for a moment.
I'm happy I'm here too, Reverie said after a moment, feeling as if her response was lacking. So she fell into the truth, as she always had; I didn't think I'd see you again either, any of you. But I thought of you. I missed you. And - I won't be gone like that again. I - I gave up everything for Lestan, to try to find peace with him, and it didn't work. I'll never do that again. You are my home, you and Gunnar and - Bjarna. She stopped short, swallowed, and began again. I don't think Boone will want to stay here. He likes the mountains. But that isn't very far. I'll visit often.
I want our kids to know each other, too. And to know that wherever they go, they'll have family to support them, This was important to her, that the connection between them would pass generations, that their children would never be alone in the world. Tauris knew as well as Reverie did what it was like to have no one, but their children did not need to learn that cruel lesson.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
“We’ll make it happen,” she promises. “Blossom is always welcome here, anytime. No questions asked. Especially if you and Boone ever need a weekend away,” she arches a playful brow.

Her heart twined with sadness at the idea of Reverie going away again. But she also knew she had to make peace with the idea that the valley was only a temporary home for her. Her life was woven now with Boone’s.

“I’ll look forward to your visits, then. And I’ll bring Swift and Kat to you, when I can,” she draws herself up and presses her nose into the short gilded fur at her ear. “I love you always, my friend.”

Her first one.